Bosh FT Scenarios on ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh FT Scenarios on ESPN

This may be old news by now but in a video called Free Trade Latest on ESPN, they walked through a couple points on Bosh:

1. Bosh really wants that extra money from a S&T because, unlike Wade and LeBron, he's not bringing in as much money off the court.

2. Chicago is an option, but the Raps would likely want Noah, and if Chicago isn't willing to part with him, then that option might go away.

3. Miami has nothing that Toronto wants.

4. Houston has great S&T commodities, plus they have Yao Ming at centre and marketability in China so Bosh could get plenty of off the court $$$...

Realistically, this is just more gossip, but I thought the guy did a better job of laying out the strengths/weaknesses of each team without playing up to the rumours of who might be the favourites.

I'd rather see Bosh out west than team up with Wade in Chicago, but on the other hand I'd LOVE to get Noah back. Thoughts?

Thanks for the summary GB. Was this the Chris Brossard clip at ESPN? I have firewalls at work and couldn't access it this morning. Thanks though.

geebee wrote: View Post
    1. Bosh really wants that extra money from a S&T because, unlike Wade and LeBron, he's not bringing in as much money off the court.
    And realistically, would Bosh not bring in more "off the court" playing here in Canada then what he will in the States playing as a sidekick and not the focal point?

Comment

Hi Doc,

Yeah, it was Brossard. He also walked through scenarios for James, Wade, Amare and Boozer but I thought the angle on Bosh's off-court marketability was interesting.

No, he wouldn't bring in more here simply because a national campaign in Canada isn't worth what a national campaign in the US is worth. There's simply no comparison. Getting down to the US, getting a national American ad campaign and (in Houston) getting play in China thanks to Yao... all that would easily trump anything he could get from Timmy's or Petro-Can.

Besides, it still comes down to how bad he wants that extra $30M. Seems to me his best shot at getting a title WITHOUT giving up that extra money is in Houston.

Comment

2. Chicago is an option, but the Raps would likely want Noah, and if Chicago isn't willing to part with him, then that option might go away.

I'd rather see Bosh out west than team up with Wade in Chicago, but on the other hand I'd LOVE to get Noah back. Thoughts?
        With either LeBron or Wade (whomever lands in Chi-town), do the Bulls even need another offensive weapon? I mean Rose can light it up and assuming Deng is still in the picture next season he too can be counted on as a offensive stalwart. The Bulls don't need Bosh and are better off with Noah (and Gibson) both financially and as a roster as a whole.

Noah to Toronto I can't see happening. Noah to anywhere else in the league right now I don't think would happen either. He's going to be a key to the Bulls future and rightfully so.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          With either LeBron or Wade (whomever lands in Chi-town), do the Bulls even need another offensive weapon? I mean Rose can light it up and assuming Deng is still in the picture next season he too can be counted on as a offensive stalwart. The Bulls don't need Bosh and are better off with Noah (and Gibson) both financially and as a roster as a whole.

Noah to Toronto I can't see happening. Noah to anywhere else in the league right now I don't think would happen either. He's going to be a key to the Bulls future and rightfully so.
          So, if Chicago won't give up Noah, should the Raps walk away from a S&T with Chicago forcing Bosh to choose? Or do the Raps have someone else they like?

Frankly, I'm curious to know just how seriously Bosh is considering Houston. From the outside looking in, it appears to be the ideal situation for him. The question is does he see it that way?

Comment

From the outside looking in, it appears to be the ideal situation for him. The question is does he see it that way?

IMO, the only thing Bosh is seeing clearly right now is his own reflection, clouded by vanity and an over-inflated ego & sense of self worth. Bye Bosh. C'mon BC, time to earn your keep!

The one question I have is that on other threads, people were concerend about bringing in another PF in a Bosh S&T, because it would limit playing time for Johnson/Davis. However, on a different thread, people are overwhelmingly in favor of bringing in Noah at C... but wouldn't that also limit the playing time of Johnson/Davis, if Bargnani were to play at least some of his time at PF??? Not that I am opposed to acquiring Noah for Bosh, but I think that almost entirely prevents Davis from developing next season as the 4th C/PF option. With Noah/Bargnani/Johnson being a capable core for years to come, I wonder if Davis becomes expendable in a deal for the right guard/swingman, such as Collison?
            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Jul 5, 2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

im all for a noah or no trade at all with the bulls. i have a feeling teams after bosh are gonna start to play hardball with us so theres no reason why we shouldnt try to maximize our return for our star player an play hardball as well. actually i wouldnt mind if all we got for bosh is noah i wold be completely happy with that

Comment

Working...
              X