Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN: Raptors Will Insist on Noah, Not Settle for Deng

Post Thanks / Like

Default ESPN: Raptors Will Insist on Noah, Not Settle for Deng

Chris Broussard from ESPN is reporting that Chris Bosh is not willing to give up the $30 million because he doesn't make the same off-court money as Wade or James. He also indicates that the Raptors would not settle for Luol Deng in a S&T with the Bulls, and will insist on Joakim Noah.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=535...goryid=2378529

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Noah + Amare > Bosh
    Noah + Boozer > Bosh
    Noah + Lee ... hmm ... close call

The Bulls should not give up Joakim Noah and have given every indication that they will continue to refuse to do so. Good for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I like BC playing hardball on any S&T scenario for Bosh, for the good of the Raptors future!

If a S&T to Chicago is dead and a S&T to Miami is dead (no assets), then what would that leave as S&T options? A multi-team deal with NY with Lee going to another team? Houston? If Amare goes to NY and Bosh doesn't want to go to Houston, does that mean he stays with with the Raps???

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dave wrote: View Post
    Noah + Amare > Bosh
    Noah + Boozer > Bosh

The Bulls should not give up Joakim Noah and have given every indication that they will continue to refuse to do so. Good for them.
    If the Bulls can't get Amare or Boozer (who we haven't heard much about, lately), then the question is will they be desperate enough to trade away Noah for Bosh. They could then sign Brandan Hayward to replace Noah, so it might not be that bad a deal, for them.

Raptors Republic Rookie Realist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dave wrote: View Post
    Noah + Amare > Bosh
    Noah + Boozer > Bosh

Bosh or Noah?

It's not a hard decision on Chicago's part. They're going to lose him and Rose to free agency in a few years anyways if they get Bosh at the max and someone else at the max, because with the way contracts are set-up, and the cap, etc, even with a readjustment they'll be getting max deals if they keep progressing.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure many feel the same way I do. I would MUCH, MUCH, MUCH rather have Noah on the team then Bosh.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Asking for Noah just makes sense. Let's put it this way, would you rather have Taj Gibson + Luol Deng, or Scola + Battier? If there are better S&T deals on the table than what the Bulls have to offer, and Bosh *really* wants his $30 mil, there is no reason not to demand someone like Noah on the return.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Noah would be the steal of the year. Man, we'd need scorers from the wing, and lots of 'em, but with an inside core of Noah, Johnson, Davis, Alibi and Bargnani, with Bargnani being the oldest (!), we'd be defensive monsters in the paint, and we'd have that core locked in for years. I'd overpay Noah to keep him if it works out next year.

Noah would instantly be our teams best leader, and combined with Jack working the point, we'd have a great team going forward that will not accept losing. More work necessary, of course, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a better team to rebuild from than the one the Raps would have if we got Noah (and either Deng of a huge TPE) for Bosh.

Then, in some other magic and impossible future, we'd swing some sort of deal involving Collison and ride of into the sunset.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

And if the trade was simply Noah for Bosh, we'd still get a massive TPE, correct? That's pretty much a best-case scenario for the Raptors.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

C'mon Houston...10, 9, 8,.........

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to worry, Chicago will cave. They can always deal with Booze and his wonky hammy, Amar'e is probably heading to NYC. Just give up Noah and get Haywood. Chicago cannot have their cake and eat it too! BC cannot give way. He simply cannot. It's Noah or Bosh walks. Heck, I'm not even looking into the Houston proposal at this point.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Mr. Hostetler on all points.

Noah AND Collison? Either would be great. Both? Pure heaven!

I would lobby to have the statue of Winston Churchill at Nathan Phillips square replaced with one of BC if he could pull that one off.

Raptors Republic Rookie Mistabill's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Did I see "Defensive Monsters" and "Bargs" in the same post?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

There is as much chance of Chicago including Noah as there is Rose. Noah is more valuable than Bosh for a litany of reasons. He is cheaper, younger, still improving, a defensive minded rim protector, steps up his game in the playoffs, passionate, a leader, plays well with Rose, the perfect compliment to an offensive minded PF and most importantly will be be available for a contract extension post new CBA and likely will be making half of what Bosh makes.

As delusional as Bosh is, I feel he would veto Chicago if Noah wasn't his front court mate. The guy spent the last 4 years playing with Bargs, I think he recognizes a keeper at center when he sees one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Who else is getting tired of this B.S ?

Lebron should make his F**king decision and let the league to move on. What an attention whore ! you can not tell me He does not know where he wants to go.

As far Bosh and Noah, well that is just a pipe dream and will not happen. BC should just let Bosh walk or get the Trade exception, we need another 35 to 40 million to sign Weems and Keep the " YOUNG GUNZ" for next 5 years.

" YOUNG GUNZ" to the NBA Finals Baby.

Raptors Republic Rookie Realist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    There is as much chance of Chicago including Noah as there is Rose. Noah is more valuable than Bosh for a litany of reasons. He is cheaper, younger, still improving, a defensive minded rim protector, steps up his game in the playoffs, passionate, a leader, plays well with Rose, the perfect compliment to an offensive minded PF and most importantly will be be available for a contract extension post new CBA and likely will be making half of what Bosh makes.

As delusional as Bosh is, I feel he would veto Chicago if Noah wasn't his front court mate. The guy spent the last 4 years playing with Bargs, I think he recognizes a keeper at center when he sees one.
    It's not Bargs job to bang, that was Bosh's, even in the media he said how he really played centre out there, because he did. But Bosh is an attention whore diva, who's scared of contact and who quit on this team the last few weeks of the season, so it doesn't surprise me.

No Noah, no Chicago. Sorry Bulls and greedy RuPaul. Houston/Miami/New York, your move.

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Noah would be a fan favourite if he comes to Toronto.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post

I was in line with this, too, but the fact that they could get someone like Haywood (or someone in a trade/salary dump) to replace him makes the prospect of Chicago trading him away a little more plausible. I certainly don't think it's likely, but if Chicago starts feeling like it's on the outside looking in on the free agent front, they may get desperate. Do they want a repeat of what happened the last time they had tons of cap room and they were left with Ron Mercer, instead of Tracy McGrady and Grant Hill?

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like BC toughness on this matter

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

BC's doing the right thing for once, but I think it's a pipe dream to think that the Bulls would include Noah in a S&T for Bosh.

I still think if the Bulls get Lebron or Wade, CB4 would consider outright signing with them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information