ESPN: Raptors Will Insist on Noah, Not Settle for Deng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mo-sales wrote: View Post
    There is as much chance of Chicago including Noah as there is Rose. Noah is more valuable than Bosh for a litany of reasons. He is cheaper, younger, still improving, a defensive minded rim protector, steps up his game in the playoffs, passionate, a leader, plays well with Rose, the perfect compliment to an offensive minded PF and most importantly will be be available for a contract extension post new CBA and likely will be making half of what Bosh makes.

As delusional as Bosh is, I feel he would veto Chicago if Noah wasn't his front court mate. The guy spent the last 4 years playing with Bargs, I think he recognizes a keeper at center when he sees one.
    It's not Bargs job to bang, that was Bosh's, even in the media he said how he really played centre out there, because he did. But Bosh is an attention whore diva, who's scared of contact and who quit on this team the last few weeks of the season, so it doesn't surprise me.

No Noah, no Chicago. Sorry Bulls and greedy RuPaul. Houston/Miami/New York, your move.

Comment

Noah would be a fan favourite if he comes to Toronto.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
        There is as much chance of Chicago including Noah as there is Rose. Noah is more valuable than Bosh for a litany of reasons. He is cheaper, younger, still improving, a defensive minded rim protector, steps up his game in the playoffs, passionate, a leader, plays well with Rose, the perfect compliment to an offensive minded PF and most importantly will be be available for a contract extension post new CBA and likely will be making half of what Bosh makes.

As delusional as Bosh is, I feel he would veto Chicago if Noah wasn't his front court mate. The guy spent the last 4 years playing with Bargs, I think he recognizes a keeper at center when he sees one.
        I was in line with this, too, but the fact that they could get someone like Haywood (or someone in a trade/salary dump) to replace him makes the prospect of Chicago trading him away a little more plausible. I certainly don't think it's likely, but if Chicago starts feeling like it's on the outside looking in on the free agent front, they may get desperate. Do they want a repeat of what happened the last time they had tons of cap room and they were left with Ron Mercer, instead of Tracy McGrady and Grant Hill?
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I like BC toughness on this matter

Comment

BC's doing the right thing for once, but I think it's a pipe dream to think that the Bulls would include Noah in a S&T for Bosh.

I still think if the Bulls get Lebron or Wade, CB4 would consider outright signing with them.

Comment

Realist wrote: View Post
              It's not Bargs job to bang, that was Bosh's, even in the media he said how he really played centre out there, because he did. But Bosh is an attention whore diva, who's scared of contact and who quit on this team the last few weeks of the season, so it doesn't surprise me.

No Noah, no Chicago. Sorry Bulls and greedy RuPaul. Houston/Miami/New York, your move.
              It was Bosh's job to bang and he did, but yet he's afraid of contact?

I hope the Raps centre next year takes it upon himself to do the work required of him.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                It was Bosh's job to bang and he did, but yet he's afraid of contact?

I hope the Raps centre next year takes it upon himself to do the work required of him.
                He banged horribly, he's afraid of contact. How many times at the end of games did you see him shoot jumpers instead of attacking? What about that time at the end of this passed season where he missed that "lay-up" because he went up soft.

He's a joke. He deserves the MLE at most. Amar'e is better than Bosh, hell, Boozer is better than Bosh, 20/13 in the playoffs, Bosh got owned by Mikki Moore because he's overrated and would rather make faces at his family across the court than pay attention to crucial games.

Comment

This is great news. BC will earn much respect if he can pull this off and get Noah back. And if he does, I will actually watch Raptors basketball this upcoming season.
                  http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

realist: Apparently, either every GM in the league is an idiot, or you are. I have my suspicion as to which.

Comment

It's funny to watch the post-mortem of Bosh's game this season. I've heard that he didn't defend, he didn't bang inside, he didn't do this or he didn't do that. On a better team, maybe you'd have a point, but on the RAPS last season? I'm sorry, they may have had many problems but a 24/10 guy who regularly drew double-teams was NOT one of those problems.

Based on his performance last season, if I had to pick one point of criticism of Bosh it's that when he drew the double-team underneath, he held onto the ball too long and was too slow kicking it back out to the open man on the perimeter.

Even so, he was far and away the best player on the team.

Comment

Realist wrote: View Post
                        He banged horribly, he's afraid of contact. How many times at the end of games did you see him shoot jumpers instead of attacking? What about that time at the end of this passed season where he missed that "lay-up" because he went up soft.

He's a joke. He deserves the MLE at most. Amar'e is better than Bosh, hell, Boozer is better than Bosh, 20/13 in the playoffs, Bosh got owned by Mikki Moore because he's overrated and would rather make faces at his family across the court than pay attention to crucial games.
                        He banged horribly but was a 10 board a game player and was often the only player underneath the boards (outside of Amir). He's afraid of contact but yet went to the line over 600 times? Who on the Raptors team attacked the rim more than Bosh? FT's are a solid indicator of a player that gets to the rim. He did indeed miss a chippie in the G.S. game, so if that is the strength of your argument, good job.

If he deserves the MLE at most what do the rest of the Raptors roster deserve?lol

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          I was in line with this, too, but the fact that they could get someone like Haywood (or someone in a trade/salary dump) to replace him makes the prospect of Chicago trading him away a little more plausible. I certainly don't think it's likely, but if Chicago starts feeling like it's on the outside looking in on the free agent front, they may get desperate. Do they want a repeat of what happened the last time they had tons of cap room and they were left with Ron Mercer, instead of Tracy McGrady and Grant Hill?
                          I actually like Haywood, but he's not in Noah's class. I think Rose is pretty tight with Noah, I just can't fathom them making an almost lateral move trading Noah for Bosh. While Bosh is in the upper tier of offensive PF's who expend more effort twittering than defending, the difference between paying Bosh 130 million and offering Boozer 100 million is fairly negligible and if you can have Boozer over Bosh and keep Noah you do that 10 times out of ten.

Comment

Noah is a long shot. Having said that Houston is the only comparable option. Aaron Brooks and Battier. That all I would need. Shane would be a great influence on the Yun Gunz, a great defender and great locker room glueguy.
                            BC lamented the loss of Parker's glue qualities. Shane would fill that void.
                            Plus, Battier might be U.S Prez some day (I have read he is considering politics in the future). Perhaps he could pass some law that gives the Raps the Right of First Refusal on all free agents. (Im just kidding. Dont flame me.)

Comment

unless lebron or wade says the only way they are going to chicago is if they get bosh then they would definately give us noah but i could see them just settling for boozer

Comment

EarthJuice wrote: View Post
                                Noah is a long shot. Having said that Houston is the only comparable option. Aaron Brooks and Battier. That all I would need. Shane would be a great influence on the Yun Gunz, a great defender and great locker room glueguy. BC lamented the loss of Parker's glue qualities. Shane would fill that void.
                                I suggested the same logic a while back, and Battier would be great, but I'm not sure if Aaron Brooks is enough. He's a quick scoring PG which we've been missing the last few years, but he's still more of a change-of-pace guy than a legit starter, mainly because he doesn't create enough for his teammates.

Comment

Working...
                                X