ESPN: Raptors Will Insist on Noah, Not Settle for Deng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

j bean wrote: View Post
    Since the Raptors are in the east why would we help another eastern team load their roster with stars?
    Ideally, you'd like to trade your star player to the other conference, but sometimes the ideal choice is not the most realistic one. If Bosh decides to sign with CHicago, then the Raptors could say they would only agree to a sign and trade if Noah was involved. That would not only weaken Chicago, but give the Raptors the best return they can get on Bosh. Toronto may prefer Bosh to go to Houston for example, but in the end, it's not up to the Raptors.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

good for BC not being a pushover

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
        There is as much chance of Chicago including Noah as there is Rose. Noah is more valuable than Bosh for a litany of reasons. He is cheaper, younger, still improving, a defensive minded rim protector, steps up his game in the playoffs, passionate, a leader, plays well with Rose, the perfect compliment to an offensive minded PF and most importantly will be be available for a contract extension post new CBA and likely will be making half of what Bosh makes.

As delusional as Bosh is, I feel he would veto Chicago if Noah wasn't his front court mate. The guy spent the last 4 years playing with Bargs, I think he recognizes a keeper at center when he sees one.
        noah is a good player but i don't think he is an all star player is offensive game is waaaaaay to raw the bulls would be pure idiots to choose him over bosh
        ya dun noe

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Toronto may prefer Bosh to go to Houston for example, but in the end, it's not up to the Raptors.
          I keep hearing variations of this. If Bosh is adamant about his xtra cake and Toronto & Chicago cannot come to an agreement but Toronto and Houston possibly can...then your statement is not entirely accurate.Toronto does have some leverage even though they are not driving the process.

Comment

im not saying he's better than bosh... but noah has more playoff experience than bosh... thats got to count for something

Comment

What about if we send Turkoglu with Chris Bosh and we get back Deng and Gibson?

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                im not saying he's better than bosh... but noah has more playoff experience than bosh... thats got to count for something
                Noah has played 1 single playoff game more than Bosh.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                  Noah has played 1 single playoff game more than Bosh.
                  yup. more experience in the playoffs, with a four year shorter career.

and in the time noah has played all those games... bosh has played zero playoff games.

Comment

Noah is a better and more committed defender. Bosh is a better scorer.

You're giving something up whichever player you choose. While I appreciate that Noah would give the Raps some much needed defence, you're making a BIG assumption if you presume that either Turk or Bargs is simply going to make up the 14 ppg that you're giving up between the two bigs. Neither of them have shown any particular inclination to take a team on their shoulders.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to have Noah. But the Bosh haters here are getting carried away. Noah is certainly not better than Bosh. He's a lot to hope for in a S&T, but he's no Bosh.

Comment

yup. more experience in the playoffs, with a four year shorter career.

and in the time noah has played all those games... bosh has played zero playoff games.
                      You can't give Noah all of the credit for that, just as you can't give Bosh all of the blame. Your point is still a flimsy one.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
                        Noah is a better and more committed defender. Bosh is a better scorer.

You're giving something up whichever player you choose. While I appreciate that Noah would give the Raps some much needed defence, you're making a BIG assumption if you presume that either Turk or Bargs is simply going to make up the 14 ppg that you're giving up between the two bigs. Neither of them have shown any particular inclination to take a team on their shoulders.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to have Noah. But the Bosh haters here are getting carried away. Noah is certainly not better than Bosh. He's a lot to hope for in a S&T, but he's no Bosh.
                        Finally, some sensibility! All these folks that want Bosh gone so bad, you really think Noah is better? Come on... Wouldn't it be nice to see Bosh paired with a C like Noah, rather than one like Bargs? I guess we probably won't find out on our side and you'll say he's riding coattails if he signs with the Bulls, so just GFY I guess.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                          You can't give Noah all of the credit for that, just as you can't give Bosh all of the blame. Your point is still a flimsy one.
                          how's it flimsy? he has more significant playoff experience than bosh. and all of it more recently than bosh.

thats my whole point. pretty solid if you ask me.

never said he was better than bosh. just that his playoff experience has to count for something.

Comment

how's it flimsy? he has more significant playoff experience than bosh. and all of it more recently than bosh.

thats my whole point. pretty solid if you ask me.

never said he was better than bosh. just that his playoff experience has to count for something.
                            You seem far too desperate to find reasons to put down Bosh. The additional play experience is negligible. In the end, Bosh is a better player than Noah and you wouldn't be able to find one GM, one coach, one scout or one analyst that would say differently. I really like Noah, and my bias towards defense is well known, but there's no way he's on the same level as Bosh.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              You seem far too desperate to find reasons to put down Bosh. The additional play experience is negligible. In the end, Bosh is a better player than Noah and you wouldn't be able to find one GM, one coach, one scout or one analyst that would say differently. I really like Noah, and my bias towards defense is well known, but there's no way he's on the same level as Bosh.
                              i NEVER said noah was better. in fact, the first thing i said in this thread was that i wasnt saying that.

i said his playoff experience has to count for something.

thats all.

man, the bosh ball washers will jump on anything that isnt a glowing review of the dude

Comment

Can't give players too much credit or too much blame. Basketball is a team sport, and even though 1 player makes a huge difference, he can't do it himself. I actually think the Raptors would be better with Noah instead of Bosh, but that is just because it would allow Bargs to slide over to PF, where he belongs. The Raps would be even better with Noah beside Bosh instead of Bargs. Basically, give me Noah and an offensively-minded PF beside him, and I'm happy. That's why the Bulls shouldn't trade him for Bosh, lol. Just sign Boozer and call it a day.
                                "He's everywhere! Rebounds, assists... Shawn Bradley is looking like Hakeem Olajuwon!" - Bill Walton

Comment

Working...
                                X