ESPN: Raptors Will Insist on Noah, Not Settle for Deng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN: Raptors Will Insist on Noah, Not Settle for Deng

Chris Broussard from ESPN is reporting that Chris Bosh is not willing to give up the $30 million because he doesn't make the same off-court money as Wade or James. He also indicates that the Raptors would not settle for Luol Deng in a S&T with the Bulls, and will insist on Joakim Noah.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=535...goryid=2378529

Noah + Amare > Bosh
    Noah + Boozer > Bosh
    Noah + Lee ... hmm ... close call

The Bulls should not give up Joakim Noah and have given every indication that they will continue to refuse to do so. Good for them.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

I like BC playing hardball on any S&T scenario for Bosh, for the good of the Raptors future!

If a S&T to Chicago is dead and a S&T to Miami is dead (no assets), then what would that leave as S&T options? A multi-team deal with NY with Lee going to another team? Houston? If Amare goes to NY and Bosh doesn't want to go to Houston, does that mean he stays with with the Raps???

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
        Noah + Amare > Bosh
        Noah + Boozer > Bosh

The Bulls should not give up Joakim Noah and have given every indication that they will continue to refuse to do so. Good for them.
        If the Bulls can't get Amare or Boozer (who we haven't heard much about, lately), then the question is will they be desperate enough to trade away Noah for Bosh. They could then sign Brandan Hayward to replace Noah, so it might not be that bad a deal, for them.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
          Noah + Amare > Bosh
          Noah + Boozer > Bosh

Bosh or Noah?

It's not a hard decision on Chicago's part. They're going to lose him and Rose to free agency in a few years anyways if they get Bosh at the max and someone else at the max, because with the way contracts are set-up, and the cap, etc, even with a readjustment they'll be getting max deals if they keep progressing.

Comment

I'm sure many feel the same way I do. I would MUCH, MUCH, MUCH rather have Noah on the team then Bosh.

Comment

Asking for Noah just makes sense. Let's put it this way, would you rather have Taj Gibson + Luol Deng, or Scola + Battier? If there are better S&T deals on the table than what the Bulls have to offer, and Bosh *really* wants his $30 mil, there is no reason not to demand someone like Noah on the return.

Comment

Noah would be the steal of the year. Man, we'd need scorers from the wing, and lots of 'em, but with an inside core of Noah, Johnson, Davis, Alibi and Bargnani, with Bargnani being the oldest (!), we'd be defensive monsters in the paint, and we'd have that core locked in for years. I'd overpay Noah to keep him if it works out next year.

Noah would instantly be our teams best leader, and combined with Jack working the point, we'd have a great team going forward that will not accept losing. More work necessary, of course, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a better team to rebuild from than the one the Raps would have if we got Noah (and either Deng of a huge TPE) for Bosh.

Then, in some other magic and impossible future, we'd swing some sort of deal involving Collison and ride of into the sunset.

Comment

And if the trade was simply Noah for Bosh, we'd still get a massive TPE, correct? That's pretty much a best-case scenario for the Raptors.

Comment

C'mon Houston...10, 9, 8,.........

Comment

Not to worry, Chicago will cave. They can always deal with Booze and his wonky hammy, Amar'e is probably heading to NYC. Just give up Noah and get Haywood. Chicago cannot have their cake and eat it too! BC cannot give way. He simply cannot. It's Noah or Bosh walks. Heck, I'm not even looking into the Houston proposal at this point.
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I agree with Mr. Hostetler on all points.

Noah AND Collison? Either would be great. Both? Pure heaven!

I would lobby to have the statue of Winston Churchill at Nathan Phillips square replaced with one of BC if he could pull that one off.

Comment

Did I see "Defensive Monsters" and "Bargs" in the same post?
                          Follow Me on Twitter MISTABILL

Comment

There is as much chance of Chicago including Noah as there is Rose. Noah is more valuable than Bosh for a litany of reasons. He is cheaper, younger, still improving, a defensive minded rim protector, steps up his game in the playoffs, passionate, a leader, plays well with Rose, the perfect compliment to an offensive minded PF and most importantly will be be available for a contract extension post new CBA and likely will be making half of what Bosh makes.

As delusional as Bosh is, I feel he would veto Chicago if Noah wasn't his front court mate. The guy spent the last 4 years playing with Bargs, I think he recognizes a keeper at center when he sees one.

Comment

Who else is getting tired of this B.S ?

Lebron should make his F**king decision and let the league to move on. What an attention whore ! you can not tell me He does not know where he wants to go.

As far Bosh and Noah, well that is just a pipe dream and will not happen. BC should just let Bosh walk or get the Trade exception, we need another 35 to 40 million to sign Weems and Keep the " YOUNG GUNZ" for next 5 years.

" YOUNG GUNZ" to the NBA Finals Baby.

Comment

Working...
                              X