Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 76

Thread: ESPN: Raptors Will Insist on Noah, Not Settle for Deng

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd rather have Noah over Bosh when all the mitigating factors are considered. I think Bosh has peaked statistically and shown no real desire to improve the weaker facets of his game. While I love that he added the 3 point weapon to his arsenal, I'd much rather see him show up to camp preaching defense and accountability.

    Offensively Bosh is the perfect piece to add if your team struggles to score points, the raptors don't have that problem. Interior defense is problem 1 and 1a and Noah addresses that problem more than Bosh ever could.

    I would much much much rather go into next season with a front court of Bargs and Noah than Bosh and Bargs. Only way it happens is if Bron/Wade force Chicago's hand by saying they won't come without Bosh. I don't really see that happening, but its not that implausible. As perfect a fit as Noah is for Chicago he isn't so integral that he should prevent Rose, Bron and Bosh teaming up.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    I would much much much rather go into next season with a front court of Bargs and Noah than Bosh and Bargs.
    Quite frankly, neither option excites me in the least bit.

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Since the Raptors are in the east why would we help another eastern team load their roster with stars?

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Guelph,ON
    Posts
    461
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    noah would be amazing for the Raptors and a perfect compliment to bargnani, he is a very talented scorer as we all know but does lack toughness which noah brings in boat loads

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Rookie LeeZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What might make this thing more plausible is if Chicago unloaded Deng and his bloated contract to Toronto along with Noah for Bosh. I could see Chicago doing that. Not sure if the salaries work (could someone weigh in on that aspect?), but I'm sure they could make it work. And Deng, while DEFINITELY overpaid, is a good, solid player who would be an upgrade on any of our swing men.

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote j bean wrote: View Post
    Since the Raptors are in the east why would we help another eastern team load their roster with stars?
    Ideally, you'd like to trade your star player to the other conference, but sometimes the ideal choice is not the most realistic one. If Bosh decides to sign with CHicago, then the Raptors could say they would only agree to a sign and trade if Noah was involved. That would not only weaken Chicago, but give the Raptors the best return they can get on Bosh. Toronto may prefer Bosh to go to Houston for example, but in the end, it's not up to the Raptors.

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic Rookie BoxMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    good for BC not being a pushover

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Guelph,ON
    Posts
    461
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    There is as much chance of Chicago including Noah as there is Rose. Noah is more valuable than Bosh for a litany of reasons. He is cheaper, younger, still improving, a defensive minded rim protector, steps up his game in the playoffs, passionate, a leader, plays well with Rose, the perfect compliment to an offensive minded PF and most importantly will be be available for a contract extension post new CBA and likely will be making half of what Bosh makes.

    As delusional as Bosh is, I feel he would veto Chicago if Noah wasn't his front court mate. The guy spent the last 4 years playing with Bargs, I think he recognizes a keeper at center when he sees one.
    noah is a good player but i don't think he is an all star player is offensive game is waaaaaay to raw the bulls would be pure idiots to choose him over bosh

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,633
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Toronto may prefer Bosh to go to Houston for example, but in the end, it's not up to the Raptors.
    I keep hearing variations of this. If Bosh is adamant about his xtra cake and Toronto & Chicago cannot come to an agreement but Toronto and Houston possibly can...then your statement is not entirely accurate.Toronto does have some leverage even though they are not driving the process.

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    im not saying he's better than bosh... but noah has more playoff experience than bosh... thats got to count for something

  11. #51
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,069
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What about if we send Turkoglu with Chris Bosh and we get back Deng and Gibson?

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    633
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    im not saying he's better than bosh... but noah has more playoff experience than bosh... thats got to count for something
    Noah has played 1 single playoff game more than Bosh.

  13. #53
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    Noah has played 1 single playoff game more than Bosh.
    yup. more experience in the playoffs, with a four year shorter career.

    and in the time noah has played all those games... bosh has played zero playoff games.

  14. #54
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Noah is a better and more committed defender. Bosh is a better scorer.

    You're giving something up whichever player you choose. While I appreciate that Noah would give the Raps some much needed defence, you're making a BIG assumption if you presume that either Turk or Bargs is simply going to make up the 14 ppg that you're giving up between the two bigs. Neither of them have shown any particular inclination to take a team on their shoulders.

    Don't get me wrong. I'd love to have Noah. But the Bosh haters here are getting carried away. Noah is certainly not better than Bosh. He's a lot to hope for in a S&T, but he's no Bosh.

  15. #55
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    633
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    yup. more experience in the playoffs, with a four year shorter career.

    and in the time noah has played all those games... bosh has played zero playoff games.
    You can't give Noah all of the credit for that, just as you can't give Bosh all of the blame. Your point is still a flimsy one.

  16. #56
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,625
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote geebee wrote: View Post
    Noah is a better and more committed defender. Bosh is a better scorer.

    You're giving something up whichever player you choose. While I appreciate that Noah would give the Raps some much needed defence, you're making a BIG assumption if you presume that either Turk or Bargs is simply going to make up the 14 ppg that you're giving up between the two bigs. Neither of them have shown any particular inclination to take a team on their shoulders.

    Don't get me wrong. I'd love to have Noah. But the Bosh haters here are getting carried away. Noah is certainly not better than Bosh. He's a lot to hope for in a S&T, but he's no Bosh.
    Finally, some sensibility! All these folks that want Bosh gone so bad, you really think Noah is better? Come on... Wouldn't it be nice to see Bosh paired with a C like Noah, rather than one like Bargs? I guess we probably won't find out on our side and you'll say he's riding coattails if he signs with the Bulls, so just GFY I guess.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  17. #57
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    You can't give Noah all of the credit for that, just as you can't give Bosh all of the blame. Your point is still a flimsy one.
    how's it flimsy? he has more significant playoff experience than bosh. and all of it more recently than bosh.

    thats my whole point. pretty solid if you ask me.

    never said he was better than bosh. just that his playoff experience has to count for something.

  18. #58
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    how's it flimsy? he has more significant playoff experience than bosh. and all of it more recently than bosh.

    thats my whole point. pretty solid if you ask me.

    never said he was better than bosh. just that his playoff experience has to count for something.
    You seem far too desperate to find reasons to put down Bosh. The additional play experience is negligible. In the end, Bosh is a better player than Noah and you wouldn't be able to find one GM, one coach, one scout or one analyst that would say differently. I really like Noah, and my bias towards defense is well known, but there's no way he's on the same level as Bosh.

  19. #59
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    You seem far too desperate to find reasons to put down Bosh. The additional play experience is negligible. In the end, Bosh is a better player than Noah and you wouldn't be able to find one GM, one coach, one scout or one analyst that would say differently. I really like Noah, and my bias towards defense is well known, but there's no way he's on the same level as Bosh.
    i NEVER said noah was better. in fact, the first thing i said in this thread was that i wasnt saying that.

    i said his playoff experience has to count for something.

    thats all.

    man, the bosh ball washers will jump on anything that isnt a glowing review of the dude

  20. #60
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can't give players too much credit or too much blame. Basketball is a team sport, and even though 1 player makes a huge difference, he can't do it himself. I actually think the Raptors would be better with Noah instead of Bosh, but that is just because it would allow Bargs to slide over to PF, where he belongs. The Raps would be even better with Noah beside Bosh instead of Bargs. Basically, give me Noah and an offensively-minded PF beside him, and I'm happy. That's why the Bulls shouldn't trade him for Bosh, lol. Just sign Boozer and call it a day.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •