Orlando Trades: Marcin Gortat, Brandon Bass, Mickael Pietrus
    Charlotte Trades: D.J. Augustine, Nazr Mohammed, Future 1st Rounder

Toronto Receives: Marcin Gortat, Mickael Pietrus, D.J. Augustine

PG: Jose Calderon/Augustine/Banks
    SG: DeMar DeRozan/Marco Belinelli
    SF: Mickael Pietrus/Sonny Weems
    PF: Andrea Bargnani/Amir Johnson/Reggie Evans
    C: Marcin Gortat/Ed Davis/Solomon Alabi

Pietrus wants a bigger offensive role, and will get that in Toronto as the starting SF. Gortat wants more minutes, and will get that (pretty much anywhere). The trade leaves us well rounded at all positions, probably a little week at the 2 spot. The roster is balanced in terms of offense-defense.

Orlando Receives: Hedo Turkoglu, Nazr Mohammed, Charlotte's 1st rounder

Orlando gets Turk back and replaced Gortat with Nazr for Dwight insurance. Nazr expires after the year allowing Orton to step in and become the back up.

Charlotte Receives: Jarret Jack, Brandon Bass

Charlotte gets a PG that can play defense and distribute at less of a salary than Felton will command. They also fill their hole at PF with Brandon Bass.

LOVE IT and it makes sense, a rare thing on the trade boards.

I'm not sure if we can offer Pietrus a "bigger offensive role", because to me he'd anchor the perimeter defense more than hoist up shots. Other than that, it makes sense. Gortat is the interior defender we need, Pietrus is the perimeter defender we desperately need and Augustine is a great, quick backup PG. I say he'll do what Aaron Brooks will do for you at a fraction of the cost.

Orlando gets Hedo back and Charlotte get some experience at the point, not that I think they need it since Felton really matured last year.

Comment

Only one problem, DJ Augustine is better than Jose Calderon. Having both of them won't work

Comment

I don't think DJ is better than Jose, at this point all he has proved is that he isn't better than Felton. Having said that, I really like DJ's potential and think Larry Brown has smothered him as he often does with young point guards.

The only problem with this trade is that its relatively small in terms of scale and I assume all of BC's call are directed toward misdirection with Bosh. Although it would be a pretty huge mindf*ck to get a deal like this done and trick Bosh into thinking he isn't really that high on the priority list.

Comment

If the Raptors could do this, I would be absolutely thrilled.

And by the way, Augustine is certainly not better than Calderon, and if you think that is true you are either vastly underestimating Calderon's abilities, or vastly overestimating Augustine's.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

With the recent trades and acquisitions taking place, I think it makes this trade more plausible. Orlando must be scrambling to get something together. And if I remember correctly, Hedo played a good defensive game against LeBron 2 playoffs ago. Gogo Hedo to Orlando!

Comment

Oy, you guys, it's D.J. Augustin. You guys must be used to Calderone as well.

Anywho, one of the better (read: more reasonable) trades proposed here, if only because it does NOT make my head hurt just from reading it, so bravo!

That said, I think it needs a bit of fine-tuning. I think Orlando's return is a tad light, and Toronto's return is a tad much (they're not operating from an advantage here wrt Turkoglu), so if Toronto adds a bit more (just a tiny bit) to the deal and that bit goes to Orlando, the trade would be perfectly balanced in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
              X