Thread: Colangelo Meeting with Team Tomorrow in Washington

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Colangelo Meeting with Team Tomorrow in Washington

Man, would I ever love to be in attendance for that meeting.

Those words won't be comforting to Colangelo, who is scheduled to meet the Raptors in Washington D.C. before Friday's game against the Wizards.
    Source - Click here

Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

From the same article:

"We've got so much talent in this room and we just can't get guys to be on the same page for nothing," said Wright. "We just play basketball and we don't know what to expect from each other. There's no way you can win basketball games if guys are not going to be on the same page ... We're losing basketball games the same way every night and it's frustrating, because we've got so much talent in here."

There are players in the locker room who roll their eyes when Wright speaks, and certainly Jack hasn't been enough of a consistent force to be a beyond-reproach authority. But at least one veteran player skipped out on explaining the mess to the media on Wednesday, notably Hedo Turkoglu. Others, such as Andrea Bargnani and Jose Calderon, chose to offer zero insight.
    Interesting how Calderon, Bargs and Hedo have nothing to say... and than Wright, Jack and Bosh have plenty to say. I think we can see cliques forming on this team. I don't think there's much synergy on or off the court.

And what's Colangelo going to say that shouldn't be said by Triano?

"Days of our Raptors" or "As the Raptors Turn"? What do you think we should start calling the soap opera drama surrounding the team?
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Thu Dec 3rd, 2009 at 01:28 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter DarkKnight's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We should call it "The Young And The Defenseless"

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote darkknight wrote: View Post
    we should call it "the young and the defenseless"
    lmfao

Raptors Republic Rookie abstract's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we can sit at home and identify chemistry issues in the locker room, I'm sure Triano and Colangelo have noticed... or at least I can hope because it seems a lot of the benefit of doubt I gave them was rather baseless... anyways, if they are able to identify these issues then I'm certain that trades are being explored.

You simply can't fire Triano right now unless you've pretty much decided that the Raptors are entering the John Wall sweepstakes. I know he has flaws, but we saw that firing Mitchell last year resulted in no difference.

The problem is evidently the players lack of talent- sure its being utilized ineffectively by the coaching staff, but at the end of the day, you work with what you've been given- and considering Bargnani was the number one pick in the 06 draft and just received a pretty substantial pay increase, wouldn't the coaching staff be inclined to start him and persist on keeping him there so he can 'work out his kinks', eventhough its blatantly obvious that Amir Johnson is a better fit? Wouldt that be seen as rebelling against the GM?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

abstract, I think we have gotten much worse under Jay.

I don't think Jay would have been able to get the Garbajosa team to the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with trizzo. Sam was treated unfairly by the fans. He may have not been the best x's and o's coach but he would not tolerate the kind of crap that is allowed under Jay Triano. Colangelo better walk in there and kick some asses because his marsh mellow coach certainly isn't going to do it.