Re-build Time ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-build Time ?

Well it looks like this team has given up on the season, from the whipping they received last night i take that performance as a yes. Bosh, Bargs and/or Hedo should all get traded. But considering that Hedo has a huge contract it will be tough.

Bosh should be easy to move and Bargs just like Hedo will be a little tough but I think he can be moved since he has improved a lot this year, the only downside is his defence but i think he's well on his to be a 20/6 guy.

It's funny to think how much talent these guys have !! but they just dont mesh well and probably never will. I wont begin to speculate where they should be traded or what we should get back but all i know is, draft picks and young athletic talent is what we need. A true C would be nice(a bynum type) who rebounds, DEFENDS and has a low post game. Let me know what u guys think !
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Welcome to the forums rdiaz.

As for re-building, I think that might be a little too haste to do right now. Keep in mind there is still 62 games left on the schedule, so the season hasn't been lost just yet.

If tomorrow's "intervention" with the team by Colangelo doesn't work over the next couple weeks, you can most certainly expect Triano's days being over in Toronto. And moving forward I would hope that if they're replacing Jay, that they also rid themselves with most of his coaching staff too. Start off with a clean slate with new personnel who can instill new fundamentals and coaching philosophies moving forward with the hopes that the team responds.

Comment

Completely agree it's too early but u got to remember what happened last time we had a franchise player quit on us(VC to NJ worst deal in franchise history) if Bosh quits which looks like he has by saying '' were not a good team..'' it's frustrating that the fans saw this coming but the team's management did not !! We have needed a true Center at the 5 for the last 3-4 years and what does BC go out and get ?!?! another Bargniani (but with a worse 3point shot )!!

Im just looking at the future Doc we need to do something and do it before Bosh's stock goes down. As for Triano he never should have been given a job when so many other coaches are sitting lookin for jobs at the time Flip and Avery would have been great fits.

Herm Edwards

Comment

rdiaz101 wrote: View Post
        Completely agree it's too early but u got to remember what happened last time we had a franchise player quit on us(VC to NJ worst deal in franchise history) if Bosh quits which looks like he has by saying '' were not a good team..'' it's frustrating that the fans saw this coming but the team's management did not !! We have needed a true Center at the 5 for the last 3-4 years and what does BC go out and get ?!?! another Bargniani (but with a worse 3point shot )!!
        True, but remember the season where we won the Atlantic Division in 2006-07? We started that season with almost an identical record to what we have now. So although things seem dire (as our friend Altraps so eloquently put it today) right now, I don't think we should be thinking about re-building just yet. If things persist for the next month, then I might be singing a different tune, but I'm not on the "re-build this team" committee just yet.

Comment

Thats true but but that team had heart and character i dont know about this team plus we dont have a coach right now, as much as hate to say just because i like triano but he is way over his head right now, there's just too many thigns going agaisnt the Raps right now i don't think they can come back .

That year their problem was offence not D, which in my opinion is a worse problem to have !! But we will see what happens in a month and i will save a spot for u in the "re-build'' wagon.

Herm Edwards

Comment

I'm not on the rebulid right now wagon yet either. This team can do two things to improve exponentially on D: stop all of this switch on every single screen nonsense and to have Bargs rotate way faster to help. I'm not trying to put all the blame on him as I think he is a better defender then some other guys on this team but his position is the most important on the floor defensively since he is almost always closest to the basket and therefore the last player who has a chance to stop a drive. I personally think he has the ability to be decent on Defense because of his length and his speed (a lot of people call him slow footed but I havn't seen anyone but the opposing guards really blow by him). Just needs the education. The offence is pretty good, so if they can make some improvement on D we got a shot to be good. Just need the hustle and to make some corrections defensivley.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

If Colangelo is thinking "re-build" he should do it soon.
              Waiting will just mean more losses than necessary.

The team as is should be a playoff team - if the COACH can get his act together.
              So maybe the rebuild should start there! Jay Triano has yet to show he can coach at this level.

But if Colangelo decides the team needs to be reconstructed to have a better defense, then trades are the only way to go.

Don't Wait - Do it this month!
              The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

So Triano is at fault completely? Come on. I'm not a huge fan, but I find it hard to believe that he and his staff should take the entire hit of their poor play.

Coming into the season we all knew that we didn't have great defenders, it's just been worse than expected. Some of that can be attributed to players coming from teams where their poor defending has been masked by others. Now they are here with 9 new guys and the defensive equivalent to a 40 year old dishrag.

Comment

It's Not just one person's fault for this gong show that has become the Raptors. It's BC's fault for building this team the way he has, Oneal last year and Hedo this year and drafting Bargs.

Triano should not have been signed as the coach. He has not done wel Time outs, substitutions, his defensive schemes ar...... awwww screw i dont want to talk about it anymore !!!!!!!!!!

Herm Edwards

Comment

So let me get this right. It's not one person's fault, but it's Colangelo's fault.

Because he made a trade that would have - had O'Neal not crapped the bed - given the Raptors a lot of financial flexibility this offseason (remember, O'Neal's HUGE salary expires after this season) and given then the ability to seriously bid on Bosh. And when that turned sour, he was able to turn him into Shaun Marion's expiring deal and get a player coming off of a tremendous playoff run who was a hot free agent.

Because when he fired Mitchell, he promoted an assistant coach who already knew the players (who was Canadian, no less, which is a good PR in town where the Raptors don't lead the evening sportscasts) instead of hiring some schmuck who didn't know anything about the Raptors - who should they have hired, Mike Montgomery? PJ Carlesimo?

Comment

A rebuild two months into a season just after having a summer rebuild...Am I the only one who feels there is some humor in this idea?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        A rebuild two months into a season just after having a summer rebuild...Am I the only one who feels there is some humor in this idea?
                        Its not humorous its reality and if it was up to me i would fire BC, Triano and his whole staff, Trade Bosh, Bargs,Jose , the mascot , the dj, u get my point.

But that's not possible so trading bosh is the only thing to do or leave the team the way it is throw in the Raps into the John Wall sweep stakes.

Herm Edwards

Comment

Its not humorous its reality and if it was up to me i would fire BC, Triano and his whole staff, Trade Bosh, Bargs,Jose , the mascot , the dj, u get my point.

But that's not possible so trading bosh is the only thing to do or leave the team the way it is throw in the Raps into the John Wall sweep stakes.
                          Woah woah wait a minute...

Don't you drag 4 Korners into this

Comment

Six games under .500 and a game and a half out of 8th seed is enough to send everyone to slaughter, huh?

Three points of interest for me:

1.) Who will replace Colangelo?
                            2.) Who will replace Triano?
                            3.) Who will you get for Chris? Who will you get for Jose? Who will you get for Andrea? Who will make the trade as you just fired the GM and the coach?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Six games under .500 and a game and a half out of 8th seed is enough to send everyone to slaughter, huh?

Three points of interest for me:

1.) Who will replace Colangelo?
                              2.) Who will replace Triano?
                              3.) Who will you get for Chris? Who will you get for Jose? Who will you get for Andrea? Who will make the trade as you just fired the GM and the coach?
                              Are u reading my post or what????? I SAID THATS NOT POSSIBLE !!!!! Wow quit being an annnoying know it all troll !!

Herm Edwards

Comment

Working...
                              X