Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allen Iverson Wants Back..With ANY team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allen Iverson Wants Back..With ANY team?

Allen Iverson's Twitter(s) today:

"Allen Iverson: I want to return to the NBA this season, and help any team that wants me, in any capacity that they feel that I can help. I'm disappointed, and I owe my fans more than what they have seen of me the last couple seasons. However, now that my family is healthy and rock solid, I can concentrate fully on doing what I do best! At the camp, I will help teach kids some of what it takes to be successful in life. On and off the basketball court." Twitter

LINK: http://twitter.com/alleniverson

What ya'll think? Would you take him if we could? He'd help sell out EVERY game. Imagine ho he's help our rookies. I still think he's got some game. and we wouldn't have to fork out alot, considering he is the one that wants a chance. Juts a thought. I'd do it. But I'm not BC...lol.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

No.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I don't want to see him on the Raptors, but if he jumps on somewhere else I wouldn't care. The man has heart and desire to win. Hopefully he can fit in with a contender for another shot at a Championship.

Comment

^^ I agree with the heart and desire. He does and he gave ALOT to the NBA. ALot. He changed people's choice of attire in the league. He even got caucasian dudes sporting cornrows and wavecaps, (excuse the choice of words), he was like the Jay-Z of ball. Jigga didn't need to write rhymes and was still great and Iverson didn't need to practice and was still great...lol.
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

AI and shaq should just retire

Comment

I would chance it at the right price, so that if it doesn't work out, and no one else wants him, he won't be breaking our backs. We sure could use a scoring guard.

Comment

barf

1 says he wants to help any team win and will accept any role
              2 signs for vet minimum
              3 comes off the bench for 8-10-12 mins for a few games
              4 lets a complaint trickle out of his mouth about playing time
              5 3-4 games later goes into full whining mode
              6 3-4 games later says play me or trade me what am i doing here if i'm not playing
              7 3-4 games later quits
              8 2 weeks later says he wants to help a team win and will accept any role
              9 go to 2

Comment

Yeah, I'm glad his family is healthy. I loved watching him play. He's amazing at what he does, but I'm not sure he can do it anymore. I know he'll kill himself trying to and you have to respect him for that, but he needs to learn to adapt.

I have a feeling if he came to Toronto it would be Memphis part 2.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Comment

No. No. No.

AI has never in his career put his team ahead of himself. Even if he wanted to, I doubt he'd know how. Any GM who touches him should be fired.

Comment

do i want AI on the raptors? maybe 4 years ago but do i want AI to at least end his career with some dignity and respect? of course i do. hes done so much for the game that he at least deserves the right to prove that hes learned from his mistakes and try his to give back as much as he can to the gae of basketball as its gave back to him. so i do hope he at least finds a home this season cuz he was too good a talent to fade away into the dark like that

Comment

lets be real... how much WORSE can the raptors be if Bosh isn't here and we get nothing because he walks (it's what I'm predicting btw)... we need someone to be that 20pts per game scorer on any night... do u really want turkoglu/bargnani/jack to be your top scorers??? seriously AI is an upgrade over everyone on this roster... but knowing colangelo we are gonna over pay for him so fuck no

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
                          Any GM who touches him should be fired.
                          Crazier things have happened especially in Minnesota....

Comment

Clearly a bad move if the Raps are rebuilding...

Clearly last year he made himself look even more selfish then he ever has.

BUT

I would take a chance on him if I were Boston/Orlando/Miami (if they are contenders)
                            perhaps a few other contenders looking for bench scoring
                            ONLY if he is willing to be a Jason Terry (sixth man off the bench who provides offence)

AND ONLY if he is willing to take a 1 year small contract.

AND it might end up bad but Doc Rivers might make it a good fit...I could see him in the Nate Robinson role

Comment

As for the Raps if they go the rebuilding mode I don't think its a good idea

UNLESS

we were able to trade Jose and he is willing to play some point guard (with a point guard mentality)

I would not want him taking up minutes from any of the kids but at PG we have no kids/prospects...

He would be fun to watch throwing alleys to Demar and Sonny and if he is there mentally he will play hard except in PRACTICE...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X