Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Needed Any More Proof Bosh Isn't Coming Back

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/...e-for-raptors/

The Raptors have already met with Bosh, with Marc Eversley, the team’s assistant general manager, player development, going down to Dallas on July 1st. Colangelo himself did not make the trip.

“I would say it was a nice, cordial conversation,” Colangelo said. “It reiterated our interest in having him back and reiterated are interest in working together as partners. That’s what we’ve always talked about. I’ve been in touch with his agent quite frequently.

“I had a few things to be monitoring. I decided that [I didn’t need to be there]. It was more of an introductory case to hand off a few things at 12:01.”
    I think Colangelo knows that Bosh is gone, otherwise he would have showed up.

i dont even want him back anymore i thought it would be sad to c him go but i could care less

Comment

Yeah Colangelop has said frequently that they will explore a S&T
      once you start to talk like that you know theres no chance hes coming back
      Its alright though better for the franchice

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
        Its alright though better for the franchice
        What I have noticed missing from RR lately, is any sign of a discourse I swear I saw months ago; the notion that in order to win you need a franchise player and Bosh is/was that for Toronto. Yes, I know, and the discourse continued, he is no Lebron, Kobe, Wade.... but he still is the "best player the Raptors have ever had" according to many. If he cannot be secured through his prime, where does it leave this franchise beyond the status of a "farm" team that develops talent for others.

There has been a lot "chat" over the last month about rebuilding and developing the young guns. What happens when their rookie deals expire? Why should we expect DeRozan, Davis, Weems or even Alabi will be anymore likely to stay in Toronto if they develop into players worthy of "max" discussions?

Comment

Paradigm Shift wrote: View Post
          What I have noticed missing from RR lately, is any sign of a discourse I swear I saw months ago; the notion that in order to win you need a franchise player and Bosh is/was that for Toronto. Yes, I know, and the discourse continued, he is no Lebron, Kobe, Wade.... but he still is the "best player the Raptors have ever had" according to many. If he cannot be secured through his prime, where does it leave this franchise beyond the status of a "farm" team that develops talent for others.

There has been a lot "chat" over the last month about rebuilding and developing the young guns. What happens when their rookie deals expire? Why should we expect DeRozan, Davis, Weems or even Alabi will be anymore likely to stay in Toronto if they develop into players worthy of "max" discussions?
          What i mean when i say its better for the franchice is that with Bosh we would be only taking side steps. It has become obvious that we cant or just dont know how to bulid a team around Chris Bosh so for him to leave gives the franchise a breath of fresh air. Someone new can step up, if its Derozan or Davis great or maybe Bargs has it in him. If anything nobody steps up and becomes the franchise guy, but we lose enough games to be in the position to maybe draft a player who is capable of that.

i dont think its a question if we can sign homegrown talent because im pretty sure everybody here beileves that if we were a top 4 team in the East this year Bosh would have resigned. People like the city dont give me b.s that its too cold or that they dont want to play in Canada. Everybody wants to play where they can win. Period. Thats the only thing important, thats why Bosh is leaving.

Comment

why would colangelo waste more of his time to go out of his way and give chris even more attention then he already has? completely stupid i love CB but its getting out of hand now just sign with somebody and get it over with already i want to talk some hoops not which team is going to give these douchebags the greatest offer

Comment

Yes, we need franchise players but ones that the Raptors develop themselves. A lateral move would be silly.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
                i dont think its a question if we can sign homegrown talent because im pretty sure everybody here beileves that if we were a top 4 team in the East this year Bosh would have resigned. People like the city dont give me b.s that its too cold or that they dont want to play in Canada. Everybody wants to play where they can win. Period. Thats the only thing important, thats why Bosh is leaving.
                ..and yet now there is speculation that Bosh is hesitant to go to Cleveland to play (and ostensibly win) with Lebron.

I don't think the reasons some of these young Americans have for their bias against Canada/Toronto are at all valid or based in any factual experience, but I think they exist. Minimally, there is a perception, that to be a star in this league you have to play in the US and preferably in a big market (yah, I know Cleveland again). It may not be a valid perception and maybe if the Raptors wee more successful they could spawn a star (VC came close but still felt the need to leave), but it doesn't have to be valid to effect players' decisions.

Comment

Working...
                X