Alabi's Development is in Colangelo's Hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Realist wrote: View Post
    Pretty sure Doug Smith in his blog quoted a "source" as saying Amir was generating a lot of interest in this free agency period.

Going back to the first sentence, I guess we can pretty much say the same thing about your post.
    Doug Smith will sell his own blood to protect this organization and the top guys and his job. I think in the last 10 years, I have seen a handful of time when he criticized the decision making of the Raptors

I think he was huge fan of JYD signing as well

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      No Since it is True
      BC is nervous as Hell these days sine he has lost all his creditability in the league, BabCock 2.0.

People are comparing Amir's signing to Darius Mill and JYD around the league and laughing at our team.

BC is trying to sell the YOUNG GUNZ , as his last resource hoping to keep people excited about this team this year.

His next move will be a 35 million , 5 year deal for Weems

This team as it is now, will win maximum 15 game this season and our stud PF Amir, will pay 20 minutes ( due to FOUL troubles) and will average 8 point and 6 rebound
      I think you are very pessimistic. If you have such a problem with the direction of the team why not make a post about where you think it should go?
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

BC is trying to sell the YOUNG GUNZ , as his last resource hoping to keep people excited about this team this year.
        I don't think BC has ever uttered the phrase "Young Gunz" and every GM introduces and hypes the new players on the team. Do you want him not to do that?
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

FoxOne wrote: View Post
          The Raps are one of the few teams lacking a specific big man coach. There was talk Davis was initially weary of Toronto for this reason. While we clearly have a solid, deep coaching staff, adding someone of Hakeems ilk would be a massive boon to the development of Alabi, Davis, and Bargs. However, I dont see him coming up to Toronto unless we really make it worth his while.
          Consider two things:
          1) Every move Colangelo has made this summer has had the purpose of shoring up the Raptors frontcourt; providing defense and rebounding.
          2) Colangelo and MLE have both stated numerous times that they are willing to spend and go over the luxury tax to win

So, bearing those two things in mind, it's clear that Colangelo is in rebuilding mode and is working towards the future. In today's article about free agency and the Raptors' MLE, Aresenalist made a good point in writing that Colangelo's philsophy seems to have changed. I think that's true which is why I think BC could bring a coach like Hakeem to Toronto. Would Olajuwon really say no if the Raptors offered him $500k a year to be an assistant. Is there any price too high for the development of the Raptors 4 big men? The guys who, for the most part, are the future of this franchise.

Also, about the whole Young Gunz thing, I agree with the comments defending BC. He hasn't mentioned a word about it, in fact I haven't really heard him speak much about Demar at all this offseason. That being said, I hope everyone is as stoked as I am for the new Young Gunz era. They may not be great players right now, and there's certainly a chance they won't develop into stars, but the fact that we're finally building a team of guys who want to be in Toronto is a very very encouraging sign for the future.

Finally, one last thing. With Alabi, Davis, Johnson and Bargs all under contract for at least the next 3 years, do the Raptors really have any interest in a S&T with Cleveland anymore? Seems pretty redundant to add Hickson and Varejao when we already have a full frontcourt. Not to mention the fact that this team shouldn't really have any interest in the other pieces Cleveland would make available.

Comment

Colangelo confirmed his belief there is no better experience than playing time and that of his new rookies will get their opportunity regardless of who may be acquired through free agency or future trades. "The quicker young players develop, the quicker the organization moves forward." Who gets to start is a coaching decision, but Colangelo will have a say in this as well.
            HOOPSWORLD

Just like DeRozan, Colangelo intends to have both of his rookies playing with the Raptors next season, not just watching from the bench.
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

No Since it is True
              BC is nervous as Hell these days sine he has lost all his creditability in the league, BabCock 2.0.

People are comparing Amir's signing to Darius Mill and JYD around the league and laughing at our team.

His next move will be a 35 million , 5 year deal for Weems

This team as it is now, will win maximum 15 game this season and our stud PF Amir, will pay 20 minutes ( due to FOUL troubles) and will average 8 point and 6 rebound
              i made an account just to say you're one stupid mother******

Comment

sunndog wrote: View Post
                why isn't Colangelo offering Olajuwon anything under the sun to coach Alabi. Is this not an obvious fit?
                1. Olajuwon lives in Jordan. - He only comes to North America for occasional basketball camps.

Since the end of his career Olajuwon has spent most of his time in Jordan, where he moved with his family to pursue Islamic studies.[7] He returns once or twice a year to visit his friends and former teammates such as Sam Cassell and Robert Horry, whose careers he follows.[7] He keeps in regular phone contact with former Cougars and Rockets teammate Clyde Drexler.[7]
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakeem_...n#Muslim_faith

2. Player development is the head coaches responsibility not the GMs. Don't worry, Triano is doing a great job developing Johnson, DeRozan and Weems. I expect he will do the same with Davis and Alabi.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
                X