Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyrus Thomas Nets Fallback?

From Yahoo Sports:

Restricted free agent Tyrus Thomas(notes) is on New Jersey’s radar as a fallback plan and could get a frontloaded offer sheet that would end his brief tenure with the Charlotte Bobcats, league sources said.

New Jersey has discussed deals for Thomas in the past, and Nets general manager Rod Thorn has long been intrigued with the 6-foot-10 forward. The Nets are waiting for LeBron James(notes), Chris Bosh(notes) and Dwyane Wade(notes) to make decisions.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...gentbuzz070510

Now, is it me, or do the Nets really not seem to like Derrick Favors? I can understand going after guys like Amare and Bosh, but Tyrus Thomas?? Wouldn't it be better to simply keep Favors and find a free agent for another position?

I really don't understand. I think Favors is going to end up being a better player than Thomas, and I actually like Thomas. It's been four years, though. The guy's game is never going to match his physical ability. Someone needs to save Favors from the Nets and give him a chance.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Well, JJ is gone, Gay is gone and lf LBJ doesn't join the Nets it's a pretty big drop from there. If anything, looks like they're trying to cover all their bases. Supposedly they're looking at Lee as well.

After their truly horrid season, and with the new owner and all their cap room, they're probably not that excited about developing Favors with starter minutes.

Comment

Nice fallback..............not.

Comment

They should be more worried about the small forward position than the PF position. Especially if they don't get James.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

that's really the only guy left, they will get outlaw and thomas. haha, that's apity laugh you didn't get the first overall pick and you lucked out on the top 10 free agents this year.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Nobody wants to play in Newark, NJ. Plain and simple.

Comment

Prepare for the possibility the New Jersey Nets sign power forward Tyrus Thomas to a front-loaded offer sheet that could make the Charlotte Bobcats blink.

The Nets lost out on the big-name free agents and still have a ton of cap room. They were quite generous in their offer to small forward Travis Outlaw (five years and $35 million) and feel they need a ready-to-play power forward, so as not to depend right away on rookie Derrick Favors.

The Nets have expressed interest in Thomas, the Bobcats' restricted free agent. With the Bobcats determined to avoid the luxury tax, it's conceivable they wouldn't match a front-loaded offer sheet, which would be most expensive the first season, then decrease in value each remaining year of the deal.
              Source: Charlotte Observer

Comment

An people are complaining about Amir's contract. I like Thomas, but that's a lot of money for a guy who's never really done anything, yet.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Thomas signed with Charlotte

Bobcats, Thomas agree on 5-year, $40 million deal

By MIKE CRANSTON (AP) – 2 hours ago

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Bobcats have come to terms with forward Tyrus Thomas on a five-year, $40 million deal, ensuring the restricted free agent will stay in Charlotte.

Agent Brian Elfus told The Associated Press on Friday that the deal came together after Thomas received interest from other teams. The New Jersey Nets had presented Thomas with an offer sheet.
                  http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...vy-eAD9GROB381
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    An people are complaining about Amir's contract. I like Thomas, but that's a lot of money for a guy who's never really done anything, yet.
                    I think team owners were given advance notice that the salary cap would actually go up this season, thus weakening their CBA bargaining position. They're overpaying players because they know the new CBA won't be kind to them.

Comment

Working...
                    X