X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damion James Hold Turner To A Standoff but Holiday Carries The Day

76ers 84 - Nyets 74
    ------------------------------
    D. James chasing E. Turner around on the court for 27 minutes last night matched the #2 pick in this year''s draft point for point and rebound for rebound.

Unfortunately it wasn't good enough for the the young New Jersey Nyets against the Holiday led 76ers.

In a game that couldn't help but bring back memories of Rocky IV Holiday was hot from beginning bringing an all-around "A" game to the court in Orlando on the opening day of the Orlando summer league. Holiday finished with 23 points on 8 of 13 from the field and 8 assists in just under 32 minutes

http://www.nba.com/summerleague/game.../gameinfo.html

In other games

Bobcats 85 - Jazz 83
    ----------------------------
    In the most exciting game of the day G. Henderson showed his slashing game leading the Bobcats to a close two point victory over the Jazz who rallied from 10 down with less then two minutes to go but missed a last second three point attempt to wind up falling two points short. The Jazz were led by James Augustine their 6"10" PF who for most of the night was over powering around the glass.

Pacers 86 - Magic 77
    -----------------------------
    Lance Stephenson led the way for the Pacers with 21-4-3 showing exceptional ball handling and passing skills. Off of yesterdays performance Stephenson from Cincinnati who was taken 40th overall in last month's draft has to look like the early leader for steal of draft.

Thunder 87 - Celtics 82
    ----------------------------
    The Celtics started hot and led almost the entire game until mid-way through the 4th quarter. Early on former Fighting Irish star Luke Harangody led the way for the Celtics hitting jumpers from all over the court including behind the arc.

The Celtics opened up a big lead early but the Thunder started to whittle it down after S. Ibaka entered and showed the same kind of superior interior defense that he displayed in last season's playoff series against the Lakers. Ibaka later on sprained his ankle but the injury appears mild.

The young Thunder with several players from last season's playoff squad leading the comeback finally caught the Celtics in the fourth quarter thanks to their ability to get the free throw line, just as they did against the Lakers in April. James Harden finished 15-18 from the free throw line and Byron Mullens was 12-15 from the stripe. In total the young Thunder finished 35-43 from the stripe.

Bryon Mullens showed an all around strong inside game with some nifty footwork and good hands. He seems vastly improved form last season and appears ready to be able fight for some rotation minutes with the Thunder this coming season.

Summer league games can be watched on NBA broadband access for only $14.95. Well worth the price if you are a serious hoops junkie.

Driving the bus - Jrue Holiday
    Under the bus - Daniel Orton who thankfully for everyone watching him stink up the court got tossed after a minor altercation with Josh McRoberts. Orton's line on the night

Min 13:28
    Points 3
    FGA 8
    FGM 1
    FTA 4
    FTM 1
    Reb 3
    PF 5
    TO 4
    BS 2
    BA 2

Note: Artsiom Parakhouski, Celtics, who led the NCAA in rebounding last season was clearly the biggest and maybe even strongest man on the court yesterday at the Amway Center in Orlando wound up tied for the day's high in rebounds with 10 in his limited 18. minutes.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Jul 6, 2010, 06:54 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Everyone is sleeping on Philly this year, I think they are the dark horse in the East to win the Atlantic. I think they still have to make a move to clear up some room in the backcourt, but Holiday owned that game. I would love to pry Lou Williams off thier hands.

Lance is going to be a player too, why Donnie Walsh would pass on him leads me to believe that the knicks are just as defunct as when Isiah was ruining the show.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
      Everyone is sleeping on Philly this year, I think they are the dark horse in the East to win the Atlantic. I think they still have to make a move to clear up some room in the backcourt, but Holiday owned that game. I would love to pry Lou Williams off thier hands.

Lance is going to be a player too, why Donnie Walsh would pass on him leads me to believe that the knicks are just as defunct as when Isiah was ruining the show.
      I don't think so. I mean, every year Philly is the dark horse that's supposed to make their surprising come back. Now that they have Evan Turner and a coach that's not an idiot, they should be very effective, but hardly a sleeper team. There's a TONNE of talent on that roster.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
        I don't think so. I mean, every year Philly is the dark horse that's supposed to make their surprising come back. Now that they have Evan Turner and a coach that's not an idiot, they should be very effective, but hardly a sleeper team. There's a TONNE of talent on that roster.
        Yeah... people had them projected as high as 5th in the East last season.

I really don't think they'll win the Atlantic, but hey, that's why we play the games.

Comment

You know, I'm not a big fan of Holiday, since I really don't feel he's got good PG skills, but him teaming with Evan Turner will make him look A LOT better. I've been talking about how I think Turner is going to be a special player, and I think he'll end up averaging more assists than Holiday.

Damn I wish the Raptors could have trade for Turner...
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
          X