Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: LeBron Wants Bosh in Cleveland

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default LeBron Wants Bosh in Cleveland

    LeBron James wants to stay in Cleveland and he wants Chris Bosh to join him. That, according to ESPN's Chris Broussard, who made the assertion this morning on ESPNRadio's Mike and Mike in the Morning program. According to Broussard, part of the reason there has been a delay in LeBron's announcement is he is trying to convince Bish to come to Cleveland with him. That could only happen, of course, if the Toronto Raptors worked out a sign-and-trade for Bosh with the Cavaliers.

    Bosh had reportedly stated that, while he did want to play with James, it had to be in Chicago or Miami. Bosh wants to grow is brand, and feels that can only happen in a bigger market. Perhaps, but Bosh should look no further than LeBron himself to see that big cities are no longer necessary when it comes to global icon status.
    Linky: Fear the Sword

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah, there's basically no way this will happen. Cleveland doesn't have any cap space, so the only way it can work is through a S&T. Given the atrocity that is the Cavs roster, I can't see why on earth BC would consent to a sign and trade here.

  3. #3
    Administrator Arsenalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Yeah, there's basically no way this will happen. Cleveland doesn't have any cap space, so the only way it can work is through a S&T. Given the atrocity that is the Cavs roster, I can't see why on earth BC would consent to a sign and trade here.
    Yeah, I just perused over the Cavs roster and it's full of shit from top to bottom. Maybe Varejao and JJ Hickson, but we're already set in the bangers category.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Yeah, there's basically no way this will happen. Cleveland doesn't have any cap space, so the only way it can work is through a S&T. Given the atrocity that is the Cavs roster, I can't see why on earth BC would consent to a sign and trade here.
    why not? i think they have the pieces that we need.

    Varejao would be great, although he is a bit overpaid, i think he will be one of the better acquisitions next to Bynum. The Raps can also get Hickson, and maybe we can get AP back to mentor the young gunz. Whatever is left maybe get a trade exemption (dont know if this is possible). Telfair wont be bad too as a 2nd stringer in case Jose or Jack gets dealt.

    Worst case scenario is we get Jamison. And that would really suck.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie Realist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Realist Realm
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    From Toronto to Cleveland, good luck building your "brand", Chris.......I mean RuPaul.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,219
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Chris Broussard, I think his BS is actually worse than Peter Vecsey's of the N.Y. Post
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

    Memories some so sweet, indeed

    Larger Photo of the avatar



    “As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If this has any legs (Broussard is a Clevelander I hear(?)) ...it is true the Cavs dont have much but can a 3 way be arranged for eg. Collison (say for Hickson and additions)?

  8. #8
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    If this has any legs (Broussard is a Clevelander I hear(?)) ...it is true the Cavs dont have much but can a 3 way be arranged for eg. Collison (say for Hickson and additions)?
    I was thinking along the same lines... Cleveland really doesn't have anything the least bit appealing on their roster, given the current Raptors roster, but there are pieces that would definitely be valued by other teams. I would like to see a 3-way Bosh S&T that nets us Collison, Okafor and Cleveland draft picks.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There's the ESPN story: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5357607

    and also:

    PDcavsinsider
    As we said last week, Cavs simply have more S-&-T assets than CHI, MIA & can also take a bad TOR contract. All depends on Bosh willingness.
    chadfordinsider
    LeBron & Bosh want to play together. Bron would prefer Cleveland. Bosh prefers Chi, Mia or NJ. Who persuades who?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    King James is staying in Cleveland, what a pimp! This is a chance for Bosh to get some credibility, he would be an idiot not to pull the trigger on this. From the Raps point of view, does Cleveland really have better players then Beasley and Chalmers?

  11. #11
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,325
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    King James is staying in Cleveland, what a pimp! This is a chance for Bosh to get some credibility, he would be an idiot not to pull the trigger on this. From the Raps point of view, does Cleveland really have better players then Beasley and Chalmers?
    IMO they do, but just not players that fit on the current Raptors roster. I expect that some teams would highly value Hickson, Varejao and Jamison, among others. If the Raptors could unload any of Turkoglu/Calderon/Evans/Banks in the process, while picking up some good young players from a third and/or fourth team and maybe even some draft picks, then BC would be a genius! Sounds like it's all up to Bosh at this point, if the rumors can be believed.
    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue Jul 6th, 2010 at 11:32 AM.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would f'ing love it if Bosh's only option for the extra 30 million was to go to Cleveland.

    No Chicago, No New York. CLEVELAND.

    I would gladly take Hickson and Varajaojoajojejo.

    Lebron's ego is so out of control whoever is stupid enough to go play with him is in for some misery.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is all madness. Every link to a story supposedly backing up the idea links to Chris Broussard. Ie, it seems this is all the work of some guy. If there was anything to this, there'd be more than just the one source.

    Varejao and Hickson? please. We have Johnson and Davis, not to mention Bargnani and Alabi. In theory Varejao could back up Bargnani, or even start at the 4...but he's got a 6 year contract and two rookies who play his positions that have tremendous potential. What happens when we have 5 or 6 players all demanding playing time for 2 positions? Hickson is not a lick better than Amir Johnson. This deal doesn't make sense for the Raptors.

    Say, though, we do take both Hickson and Varejao. We'd still need to take back $9 million worth of other contracts. Gibson? West? Neither of those players are any better than any of Jack, Calderon, Derozan or Weems.

    Again, this trade simply does not make any sense for the Raptors.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tbh there is no one on Cleveland I want

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter RikkJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ajax
    Posts
    221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I just perused over the Cavs roster and it's full of shit from top to bottom...
    LMAO...tell us what u really think Arse...too funny.

    Bosh wants to build his brand playing beside Lebron?? okay....sure..whatever.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I just perused over the Cavs roster and it's full of shit from top to bottom. Maybe Varejao and JJ Hickson, but we're already set in the bangers category.
    After paying 35 million to Amir, getting the 9 million a year contract of Varejao would be something else Then, who knows, BC is in such a HOT streak that he might just do that.

    As far JJ , I like him and I think he will outshine both Amir and Varejao if we give him the time on the floor.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,161
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    This is all madness. Every link to a story supposedly backing up the idea links to Chris Broussard. Ie, it seems this is all the work of some guy. If there was anything to this, there'd be more than just the one source.

    Varejao and Hickson? please. We have Johnson and Davis, not to mention Bargnani and Alabi. In theory Varejao could back up Bargnani, or even start at the 4...but he's got a 6 year contract and two rookies who play his positions that have tremendous potential. What happens when we have 5 or 6 players all demanding playing time for 2 positions? Hickson is not a lick better than Amir Johnson. This deal doesn't make sense for the Raptors.

    Say, though, we do take both Hickson and Varejao. We'd still need to take back $9 million worth of other contracts. Gibson? West? Neither of those players are any better than any of Jack, Calderon, Derozan or Weems.

    Again, this trade simply does not make any sense for the Raptors.
    I feel the pain...but only if you stop at the obvious pieces coming back (I agree not the best fit) and not consider the flipping possibilities with other teams like NOH for players we would really want. At this point with all the talking that has happened BC should have a fair idea what other teams wants are or willingness to give up. If this is true the Cavs will bend over quite a bit to complete the deal which is a good thing.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    1,670
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    yeah, this kinda stinks like one man's wish (broussard).

    i still have a hard time fathoming bosh playing with lebron, esp. in cleveland. it makes absolute sense that lebron would want him, but can bosh 'suffer' to be a clear 2nd banana, and do it in cleveland?

    part of me wonders if the free agent 'summit' the three of them held wasn't so much to try to work out a way to get all 3 playing together, but to work out where each of them could - separately - increase their global marketing abilities, while also earning the super max, being 'the main guy' on their respective clubs, all while playing in the city they want with - at worst - a legit chance of winning a chip in the next 3-5 years. i honestly don't think they can handle stifling their respective egos over the course of 5 or 6-year contracts. it worked during the olympics, but it won't work long term - there needs to be a clear alpha, and while either wade or lebron would be that alpha if playing with bosh, the two of them together just wouldn't work. and i'm not sure bosh would want to be their robin...i think he recognizes that he's not at their talent level, but he also believes that if he were given a few complementary players that were just slightly below his level, he'd be able to compete for a chip.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    From Batman in Toronto to Robin in Cleveland.
    Wow.

    Somehow when he curls up at night under his "Playoff MVP" security blanket, I doubt that's the kind of free agency scenario Bosh dreamed about. In fact, I strongly suspect that ending up in Cleveland would be one of his recurring nightmares.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Any deal with Cleveland should involve us getting Hickson/Mo Will/Jamison and a pick for Hedo/Jose/Bosh.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •