Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: LeBron Wants Bosh in Cleveland

Raptors Republic Rookie DaBlenda's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This could end up a "cake and eat it too" scenario.
    We could end up with a better S&T from another team,and have Cav fans booing Bosh for screwing them by not going to Cleveland

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bring in Varejao and get rid of Bargnani.

A Varejao + Ed Davis combination would be very nice to watch. Amir Johnson as the lead backup big man. Nice three player big man rotation. Lots of quickness, mobility, defense and rebounding.

A nice backbone to the team going forward. Concentrate on bringing in scorers and shot creators to play on the perimeter in future acquisitions.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    How this could work for the Raps:

To Toronto:
    Darren Collison
    James Posey
    Emeka Okafor
    Antawn Jamison

To New Orleans (immediate savings of only 5m, but they rid themselves of Okafor's long term contract as well as Posey's, swap backup PG's and get an expiring contract, as well as a starting C in Varejao who makes a good pair with West):
    Jarret Jack
    Anderson Varejao
    Marco Bellinelli

To Cleveland:
    Chris Bosh

We could then try and move Jamison somewhere. I'm sure there would be takers. Ideally for a 2 or 3.
    I haven't done the math, but between Okafor and Jamison, that's got to be close to $30 million, then add Posey and that must put it well above $30 million. I think the Raptors end up taking back way too much salary.

Besides, Jamison's contract is HORRIBLE. And after how badly he played in Cleveland, I think you'd have trouble unloading it. Between Jamison, Posey, Turkoglu and Calderon, and that's a hell of a lot of money tied up for a while on players who simply aren't all that good.

I'd say no thanks.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dave wrote: View Post
    Bring in Varejao and get rid of Bargnani.

A Varejao + Ed Davis combination would be very nice to watch. Amir Johnson as the lead backup big man. Nice three player big man rotation. Lots of quickness, mobility, defense and rebounding.

A nice backbone to the team going forward. Concentrate on bringing in scorers and shot creators to play on the perimeter in future acquisitions.
    I like Varejao, but neither he nor Davis are centers. Davis MIGHT end up as one someday, but not for a few years.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't done the math, but between Okafor and Jamison, that's got to be close to $30 million, then add Posey and that must put it well above $30 million. I think the Raptors end up taking back way too much salary.
    Okafor's contract is 10.7.
    Jamison's contract is 11.6.
    Collison's contract is 1.2.
    Posey's contract is 6.

Incoming: 29.5

Bosh S&T for 16.6m
    Jack's contract is 5.
    Belli's contract is 1.5

Outgoing: 23.1

Difference = 6.4m

Yeah, i don't quite know how i missed by such a huge number. Anyways, replace Jamison with Hickson and West then. And I only threw Posey in to make the trade more appealing to NO. Perhaps they'd trade Collison with Okafor and be done with it? Doesn't matter much though. The principle is the same.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Say, though, we do take both Hickson and Varejao. We'd still need to take back $9 million worth of other contracts. Gibson? West? Neither of those players are any better than any of Jack, Calderon, Derozan or Weems.

Again, this trade simply does not make any sense for the Raptors.
    Varajou was 2nd in the league in plus/minus... he's a punk but he can play sum serious D and gets boards...
    andy averaged almost 9 pts and 8 rbds with 1 blk and 1 stl
    there'z no way cavs are letting him go...

it would be jamison if it happened.

delonte west would tear up jose jack and banks at the same time...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information