LeBron Wants Bosh in Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would seriously rather him walk than get back anything from Cleveland
    Okay Hickson is alright but thats seriously it....
    Unless they give us draft picks for the next 3 years im not a fan of it

Comment

Anywhere Bosh goes with Wade or Lebron he will be the 2nd banana, no question about it;

Problem is this: Bosh wants to go to Miami with Wade
      but he will not get the 130 millions there that he wants because the Raptors are now saying they do want to do a S&T with Miami.

One thing is clear Lebron does not want to play together with Wade; So, each of them is trying to pull Bosh to their side

Comment

http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

Chris Bish

Comment

?

Comment

A S&T with CLE for Bosh would have to involve a third team.
              RR OG

Comment

How this could work for the Raps:

To Toronto:
                Darren Collison
                James Posey
                Emeka Okafor
                Antawn Jamison

To New Orleans (immediate savings of only 5m, but they rid themselves of Okafor's long term contract as well as Posey's, swap backup PG's and get an expiring contract, as well as a starting C in Varejao who makes a good pair with West):
                Jarret Jack
                Anderson Varejao
                Marco Bellinelli

To Cleveland:
                Chris Bosh

We could then try and move Jamison somewhere. I'm sure there would be takers. Ideally for a 2 or 3.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
                  From Batman in Toronto to Robin in Cleveland.
                  Wow.

Somehow when he curls up at night under his "Playoff MVP" security blanket, I doubt that's the kind of free agency scenario Bosh dreamed about. In fact, I strongly suspect that ending up in Cleveland would be one of his recurring nightmares.
                  What is wrong about being a Robin to a Batman? Ask Pau Gasol, Ron Artest, Scott Pippen, Dennis Rodman, how they feel about the rings? I'm sure stars like Barkley and Elgin Baylor who did not win rings, would have liked to be a robin to a batman for a championship ring. Bosh is clearly a robin and the earlier, he recognizes that, the earlier he gets his championship ring and playing with an unselfish superstar in LeBron(almost 8 assists average last season for an SF!) is what Bosh should be wishing for(a Pau Gasol to a Kobe) as long as he is willing to play better defense than he did for the Raptors like his defense in the Olympics, rebound the ball and set screens, he will be good for a championship chip in 2-3 years and multiple rings as Pau Gasol.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post

To Toronto:
                    Darren Collison
                    James Posey
                    Emeka Okafor
                    Antawn Jamison
                    I know you said later we'd get rid of Jamison, but in this trade we'd end up with 3 pretty bad contracts with Posey and Okafor.

What is wrong about being a Robin to a Batman?
                    You don't need to convince anyone here of this. You need to convince Bosh.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Contracts matter less then the players themselves. It's not your money, and if we're gonna be over the cap, we might as well be over the cap - so long as those contracts aren't crippling. Okafor, while having a long and expensive contract, is a fantastic defensive centre - ie, perfect for pairing with Bargnani. We will either have Okafor for the full five years, by which time Johnson, Davis and Alabi will be in - or emerging soon into - their primes. In other words, Okafor is a partial and decent medium term solution to our defensive problems. or, in a few years his contract will seem less harsh, and he would be likely tradeable. Remember, much of the concerns NO has with Okafor is not so much his play, but in the cash-strapped nature of the Hornets.

Posey's contract hurts a bit more, but comes off the books the year after the next one. He can hit the 3 and play defense, and is a multi-champion veteran. Not bad addition to a very young core of players, few of which are over 25, while filling a roster need to boot.

And the Collison aquisition obviously speaks for itself - point guard now and in the future.

All in all, i think that's probably one of the better scenario's T.O. is likely to be able to achieve. Jamison, again, would probably be better if he was traded somewhere else, but he's certainly not someone you should be upset about having on your team.
                      Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Tue Jul 6, 2010, 02:44 PM. Reason: nonesensical passage

Comment

This could end up a "cake and eat it too" scenario.
                        We could end up with a better S&T from another team,and have Cav fans booing Bosh for screwing them by not going to Cleveland

Comment

Bring in Varejao and get rid of Bargnani.

A Varejao + Ed Davis combination would be very nice to watch. Amir Johnson as the lead backup big man. Nice three player big man rotation. Lots of quickness, mobility, defense and rebounding.

A nice backbone to the team going forward. Concentrate on bringing in scorers and shot creators to play on the perimeter in future acquisitions.
                          nbaroundtable

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post

To Toronto:
                            Darren Collison
                            James Posey
                            Emeka Okafor
                            Antawn Jamison

To New Orleans (immediate savings of only 5m, but they rid themselves of Okafor's long term contract as well as Posey's, swap backup PG's and get an expiring contract, as well as a starting C in Varejao who makes a good pair with West):
                            Jarret Jack
                            Anderson Varejao
                            Marco Bellinelli

To Cleveland:
                            Chris Bosh

We could then try and move Jamison somewhere. I'm sure there would be takers. Ideally for a 2 or 3.
                            I haven't done the math, but between Okafor and Jamison, that's got to be close to $30 million, then add Posey and that must put it well above $30 million. I think the Raptors end up taking back way too much salary.

Besides, Jamison's contract is HORRIBLE. And after how badly he played in Cleveland, I think you'd have trouble unloading it. Between Jamison, Posey, Turkoglu and Calderon, and that's a hell of a lot of money tied up for a while on players who simply aren't all that good.

I'd say no thanks.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                              Bring in Varejao and get rid of Bargnani.

A Varejao + Ed Davis combination would be very nice to watch. Amir Johnson as the lead backup big man. Nice three player big man rotation. Lots of quickness, mobility, defense and rebounding.

A nice backbone to the team going forward. Concentrate on bringing in scorers and shot creators to play on the perimeter in future acquisitions.
                              I like Varejao, but neither he nor Davis are centers. Davis MIGHT end up as one someday, but not for a few years.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I haven't done the math, but between Okafor and Jamison, that's got to be close to $30 million, then add Posey and that must put it well above $30 million. I think the Raptors end up taking back way too much salary.
                                Okafor's contract is 10.7.
                                Jamison's contract is 11.6.
                                Collison's contract is 1.2.
                                Posey's contract is 6.

Incoming: 29.5

Bosh S&T for 16.6m
                                Jack's contract is 5.
                                Belli's contract is 1.5

Outgoing: 23.1

Difference = 6.4m

Yeah, i don't quite know how i missed by such a huge number. Anyways, replace Jamison with Hickson and West then. And I only threw Posey in to make the trade more appealing to NO. Perhaps they'd trade Collison with Okafor and be done with it? Doesn't matter much though. The principle is the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X