X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic Agree to Terms with Duhon

The Magic picked up free agent PG Chris Duhon from the Knicks:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...gentbuzz070610

Does the Magic picking up a PG indicate they've given up on getting Turk?

WOW. Four years at $15 million. That's a great deal for the Magic. Duhon is still a good player too. He just got lost in that black hole called the NY Knicks for the last couple seasons. Good catch.

Comment

He's Calderon without a shot. Which is solid for $15m/4yrs, but I wouldn't call him a good player.

Comment

It's funny how quickly hype fizzles away in the NBA. I remember when the Knicks picked him up the buzz was how he was going solidify their backcourt, and now he's old news signing that level of contract.

Comment

TRX wrote: View Post
          He's Calderon without a shot. Which is solid for $15m/4yrs, but I wouldn't call him a good player.
          How on earth is he Calderon without a shot. The guy is an above average defender who also happens to be able to run an offense. If the Raptors traded Jack, I would have loved to have seen the Raptors sign Duhon. I think he's a very good backup PG.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Duhon is a solid back-up, but I dunno if you want to pay three of your bench guys 15 million total and that's where Orlando is at now.
            You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Calderon without a shot was probably an oversimplification.

"Like Calderon" in that he barely rebounds, he's a good passer who doesn't turn the ball over excessively and he's not that good defensively (admittedly, better than Calderon). "Without a shot" in that he doesn't have much of a jumpshot inside the arc and is just an average to above average three point shooter. Duhon is also a below average finisher at the rim.

Comment

Working...
              X