Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chicago Tribune: The Latest Regarding Bosh & The Bulls

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Was this offer made after the possibility of LJ trying to recruit Bosh for the Cavs. or before?

Depends on whether a Wade signing in Chicago is contingent on Bosh being there...if so, I think the Bulls will cave on Noah...this would be a question of big profits for them for the next 6 yrs. No way they think Noah is worth kiboshing that setup.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

i really like the idea of multiple first round picks
    so that would be great other than that i dont really like Taj Gibson that much
    plus we have a tonne of front court players now

i know that BC really liked James Johnson last year so i can see him replacing Taj in that deal

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

James Johnson was waved.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Apollo regarding the merits of the deal but Gibson doesnt really bring to much to the table so as is I would pass on the deal. The other question I have regarding Chicago is if they stick to their guns and refuse to deal Noah then perhaps adding a swap of Deng for Turk might be a way to add some value. Deng is an excellent defender and good midrange shooter. Hes also significantly younger than Turk.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    James Johnson was waved.
    ?
    since when

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think BC should stand his ground and not take anything less than Noah. If he already told them he'd take Noah and Chicago will not budge then forget about it.

I think it still all depends, if Bosh made it crystal clear that he wants the extra 30mil, then if i were BC, id use that as leverage. He should NOT accept any deals that are lesser than what he initially asked for, up until the last hour. I think it will be too much "giving in" if the Raps are willing to sign and trade for anything just to give Bosh the luxury of getting the 30mill plus playing in a team of his choosing. Its a business, BC's job is to protect the Raptors, who cares about the 7 seasons Bosh played here. He's already been rewarded for his services.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

James Johnson was waved.
    You mean like this....

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

James Johnson was waved.
    You must be confusing James Johnson with James Jones.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bulls won't let go of Noah

I don't think the bulls will get rid of Noah, he might be a key to landing Bosh. Bosh wants a true centre. This is probably why Miami is interested in Haywood.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mapko wrote: View Post
    This from K.C. Johnson from the Chicago Tribune and the latest (11:30am central time, so 12:30pm eastern time) on what the Bulls are offering Toronto in a sign-and-trade for Bosh:
    Nay.
    Chicago is desperate esp with Cleveland thing unfolding. Heck I think they might even be desperate enough to expand the deal Deng for Turk or Calderon.

Yay or Nay?

Source - Click here
    [/QUOTE]

If they'd take Turkoglu, I might take back Deng, Gibson and a couple of first rounders, and then trade Gibson, who I like, but is incredibly redundant on the Raptors.

Of course, one issue is not simply what the Raptors get in return but of how good they allow Chicago to get. Do you really want to help stack Chicago? If they have LeBron, Bosh, Rose and Noah, that's a pretty damn good team.

If the Raptors can trade Turkoglu elsewhere and not take bad a bad contract in return, I'd offer Bosh and Bargnani for Noah, Deng and a first round pick or two. If still gives Chicago a center in Bargnani, so they may be willing to part with Noah. I think it weakens Chicago, especially defensively and gives the Raptors excellent defense, rebounding, youth and some scoring, in Deng.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

bosh doesn't care if noah comes back to us he probably thinks hes a top 5 player in the league plus chicago still has loads of money to spend on a center in free agency or if they want they can take bargnani cant break up that bosh bargnani combo right?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ebrian wrote: View Post
    Perspective: if Chicago signs Bosh and Wade, with Rose and Noah in the fold, that first round pick will be late 20s every year for the next 4-5 years.
    here are some players not drafted in the top 15 ? hmmm how many of these would be starters on the raps ??

draft pick player

20 j nelson
    17 granger
    30 david lee
    56 amir johnson
    57 gortat
    21 rondo
    47 millsap
    23 w. chandler
    26 aaron brooks
    48 m gasol
    25 batum
    26 george hill
    24 serge ibaka
    39 weems
    21 d collison
    Last edited by karim_nasir; Tue Jul 6th, 2010 at 04:12 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If Bosh chooses the Bulls and they stand firm on not trading Noah then I say yes. It will clog the PF slot but maybe they can get a third team on board who is interested in Gibson? If that were the case they could flip Gibson there, get something else back for him and still land the picks and the TPE. That's not bad for a S&T considering there is a thread in here with great support suggesting they should just let Bosh walk because people don't care anymore.
    If they are not trading Noah, nay! We can't afford to give Bosh his $30 million and create a dynasty for the Chicago Bulls..Big fat nay!

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think picks or of less value to us coming from chicago because if bosh were to go there we would probably be picking 30th each time lol

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
    Nay.

Let the Bulls convince Bosh to pay $30M to play with their franchise.

At this point, I also don't want Bosh back with the Raps at full-max money.
    I agree.

Raptors Republic Rookie sunndog's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"One issue with Bosh going to the Cavaliers is he currently would have to play center, a position he has said he would prefer avoiding."

True he has the luxury of choosing where he'll play and at what position. However! Considering the setup he'll have to play with in Chicago (a title contender within 1-2 years), isn't this a weak move? Weak Ru, weak.

This whole situation has gotten ridiculous. It looks pretty certain that Wade and Lebron are going to stay with their respective teams and now Bosh is the biggest name left on the table. He's getting exactly what he wants. All of the attention is turned to him and the arguably two best players in the league are trying to woo him into coming to play with them. The funniest thing about the whole situation is that Bosh has become too Hollywood to realize that his best chance to win is in Cleveland. He's holding out because he isn't "feeling" the city? What a moron.

I was a big Bosh fan and Bosh defender up until about four months ago. It absolutely hurts to see what he's doing. I feel betrayed by a guy who I thought was at the very least a player with a solid character. I think he's worst than Vince. Vince didn't try, that's true. But Bosh is doing much worst.
    At this point I don't care if Bosh leaves without the Raps getting anything. What's the point of taking on bad contracts/players, draft picks which in all probability won't turn out to be studs. I agree with what Buddha said. If Bosh is that greedy, BC should use it as leverage. If Bosh really wants it, he'll hold out. The Raptors should hold out for a deal with Houston. Brooks, Ariza and Scola who BC can flip to any team in the league or keep depending on how the roster shakes out and what's put in front of him.
    Last edited by sunndog; Tue Jul 6th, 2010 at 06:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote karim_nasir wrote: View Post
    here are some players not drafted in the top 15 ? hmmm how many of these would be starters on the raps ??

draft pick player

20 j nelson
    17 granger
    30 david lee
    56 amir johnson
    57 gortat
    21 rondo
    47 millsap
    23 w. chandler
    26 aaron brooks
    48 m gasol
    25 batum
    26 george hill
    24 serge ibaka
    39 weems
    21 d collison
    Maybe for comparison sake, you could list the other players chosen so we can get an idea of how many players chosen out of the top 15 don't turn out well. There's probably not that many, are there?

Raptors Republic Rookie Killingjoke's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No Noah, No Bosh plain and simple

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information