No announcement yet.

Chicago Tribune: The Latest Regarding Bosh & The Bulls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least they stopped trying to push deng.

Comment

Gibson is definately redundant with a pretty mediocre ceiling. But the trade exceptions could be the key to the trade if Colangelo has his eye on someone. Maybe he's already working the phones for a low level team that wants to get some cap space.

Comment

What is the point in even playing the games if Chicago gets Bosh and/or Wade and keeps Rose and Noah. I hope BC is getting calls from other GM's offering him back alley deals down the road if the raptors don't simply hand over Bosh for scraps.

I'd rather wear my ten year old Wince jersey that my cat uses as a litter box than watch Chicago roll off another dynasty.

Comment

I liked Taj Gibson a lot more before we acquired Ed Davis. In fact I loved the whole idea of him coming here.

But now, as hard as this may be to a team about to lose Bosh, I think PF is a position of strength.

Without Noah, I have no interest in Chicago anymore (though I do like J.Johnson on his own potential merits). If I had to choose between having Noah or Bosh on my team, I would take Noah every time.

Comment

This from K.C. Johnson from the Chicago Tribune and the latest (11:30am central time, so 12:30pm eastern time) on what the Bulls are offering Toronto in a sign-and-trade for Bosh:
            Nay.
            Chicago is desperate esp with Cleveland thing unfolding. Heck I think they might even be desperate enough to expand the deal Deng for Turk or Calderon.

Yay or Nay?

Source - Click here[/QUOTE]

Comment

Was this offer made after the possibility of LJ trying to recruit Bosh for the Cavs. or before?

Depends on whether a Wade signing in Chicago is contingent on Bosh being there...if so, I think the Bulls will cave on Noah...this would be a question of big profits for them for the next 6 yrs. No way they think Noah is worth kiboshing that setup.

Comment

i really like the idea of multiple first round picks
                so that would be great other than that i dont really like Taj Gibson that much
                plus we have a tonne of front court players now

i know that BC really liked James Johnson last year so i can see him replacing Taj in that deal

Comment

James Johnson was waved.
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I agree with Apollo regarding the merits of the deal but Gibson doesnt really bring to much to the table so as is I would pass on the deal. The other question I have regarding Chicago is if they stick to their guns and refuse to deal Noah then perhaps adding a swap of Deng for Turk might be a way to add some value. Deng is an excellent defender and good midrange shooter. Hes also significantly younger than Turk.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                      James Johnson was waved.
                      ?
                      since when

Comment

I think BC should stand his ground and not take anything less than Noah. If he already told them he'd take Noah and Chicago will not budge then forget about it.

I think it still all depends, if Bosh made it crystal clear that he wants the extra 30mil, then if i were BC, id use that as leverage. He should NOT accept any deals that are lesser than what he initially asked for, up until the last hour. I think it will be too much "giving in" if the Raps are willing to sign and trade for anything just to give Bosh the luxury of getting the 30mill plus playing in a team of his choosing. Its a business, BC's job is to protect the Raptors, who cares about the 7 seasons Bosh played here. He's already been rewarded for his services.

Comment

James Johnson was waved.
                          You mean like this....
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

James Johnson was waved.
                            You must be confusing James Johnson with James Jones.

Comment

Bulls won't let go of Noah

I don't think the bulls will get rid of Noah, he might be a key to landing Bosh. Bosh wants a true centre. This is probably why Miami is interested in Haywood.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                                This from K.C. Johnson from the Chicago Tribune and the latest (11:30am central time, so 12:30pm eastern time) on what the Bulls are offering Toronto in a sign-and-trade for Bosh:
                                Nay.
                                Chicago is desperate esp with Cleveland thing unfolding. Heck I think they might even be desperate enough to expand the deal Deng for Turk or Calderon.

Yay or Nay?

Source - Click here
                                [/QUOTE]

If they'd take Turkoglu, I might take back Deng, Gibson and a couple of first rounders, and then trade Gibson, who I like, but is incredibly redundant on the Raptors.

Of course, one issue is not simply what the Raptors get in return but of how good they allow Chicago to get. Do you really want to help stack Chicago? If they have LeBron, Bosh, Rose and Noah, that's a pretty damn good team.

If the Raptors can trade Turkoglu elsewhere and not take bad a bad contract in return, I'd offer Bosh and Bargnani for Noah, Deng and a first round pick or two. If still gives Chicago a center in Bargnani, so they may be willing to part with Noah. I think it weakens Chicago, especially defensively and gives the Raptors excellent defense, rebounding, youth and some scoring, in Deng.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X