RuPaul Chant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    U R right, I did not want him to stay. Did I expect him to handle his business professionally though, yes I did. CB has been very professional in his personal biz up until the end of the season. Since then, it has been a downward spiral of media whoring and money grubbing.

I feel insulted as a LOYAL Toronto Raps fan. Who are you to tell me I can't feel insulted by the way this has unfolded??
    I never said you couldn't feel insulted. You can feel whatever you want. I'm just saying that it seems a little juvenile that Raps fans spend all their time booing former team members. It's like we're the fat chick at the dance who hates every guy who ever dumped us.

I'm not passing judgement on you personally. Obviously there are people who agree with you. I'm just saying it seems excessive. Frankly, booing him sends the message that we're bitter he left, and I'd rather him believe that we're happier without him.

Comment

No Rupaul chant. Grow up.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
        Frankly, booing him sends the message that we're bitter he left, and I'd rather him believe that we're happier without him.
        This is a valid point.

But come on, the Ru Paul chant would be awesome at least once. Hopefully on a game broadcast in the US (which may occur if the free agents form like Voltron).

Comment

RuPaul deserves respect and a max contract

Comment

I think his EGO would enjoy the attention and he would be very disappointed and maybe even hurt if no one booed or said a word at all. Either way, if paying ppl want to chant , go right ahead, fans all around the world do it. The funniest thing would be that it would make headlines across North America and Shaq would be in the spotlight for coming up with the name.

Comment

I had wondered where you had gone Multipaul.

I see you're back to business as usual.

The chant is petty and immature - which is why I can see it happening.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

This is a valid point.

But come on, the Ru Paul chant would be awesome at least once. Hopefully on a game broadcast in the US (which may occur if the free agents form like Voltron).
                Chanting RuPaul gives credit to Shaq for insulting Bosh when he was part of our team. I'd rather not legitimize the criticism. I'd go another direction. If he signs with either Wade or LeBron, I'd bring a poster with either Wade or LeBron as Batman and Bosh as Robin... and I'd chant "Go Robin Go!" when he got the ball in his first game.

To me, that would remind him of what he CLAIMED he wanted when he entered Free Agency, and it's a taunt that he might actually feel. But only in the first game... after that, it just comes off as insecurity on our part.

Anyway, IF I were going to taunt Bosh, that's how I'd do it.

Comment

Chanting RuPaul gives credit to Shaq for insulting Bosh when he was part of our team. I'd rather not legitimize the criticism. I'd go another direction. If he signs with either Wade or LeBron, I'd bring a poster with either Wade or LeBron as Batman and Bosh as Robin... and I'd chant "Go Robin Go!" when he got the ball in his first game.

To me, that would remind him of what he CLAIMED he wanted when he entered Free Agency, and it's a taunt that he might actually feel. But only in the first game... after that, it just comes off as insecurity on our part.

Anyway, IF I were going to taunt Bosh, that's how I'd do it.
                  Or we could just hold up this poster when he shoots fouls....

Comment

I'd go another direction. If he signs with either Wade or LeBron, I'd bring a poster with either Wade or LeBron as Batman and Bosh as Robin... and I'd chant "Go Robin Go!" when he got the ball in his first game.
                    That gives me an idea. Another photoshop incoming.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

it is what it is wrote: View Post
                      Fans pay big dollars for those tickets they can chant whatever they like (within reason)

I would be in....

As for us having a bad rep as fans that is 100% garbage...

Its called passion....

Players have nothing bad to say about the fans...

Sure we boo Vince and Tmac but any other city in the NBA would booo them the way the left especailly Wince I don't drive the hole anymore Carter....

RU PAUL RU PAUL RU PAUL

could be the best chant since 1918 with the Redsox until they won a title!!!
                      As a passionate fan, you walking on Yorkville Avenue, Bosh is sighting, you dare to call RU PAUL RU PAUL RU PAUL directly on his face?

if yes, you have right to do whatever you like in ACC (within reason).

If no, if only A hundred bucks change all your attitude, think what 130 mil bucks can capable of.

Comment

How about "Chris Byatch" written under a RuPaul poster...lol. Or since he cut off his spaghetti, we could use old Grace Jones pics. They do look alike yaknow.
                        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Vellassco wrote: View Post
                          As a passionate fan, you walking on Yorkville Avenue, Bosh is sighting, you dare to call RU PAUL RU PAUL RU PAUL directly on his face?

if yes, you have right to do whatever you like in ACC (within reason).

If no, if only A hundred bucks change all your attitude, think what 130 mil bucks can capable of.
                          No but I dont tell Vince he is gutless puke either

If i pay my money I can chant....

I dont think it is childish I think it would be funny but I am 32 going on 12 so maybe its just me

Comment

Lol...I'm just 50% kidding guys...lol.
                            The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                            Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                            www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                            http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Or we could just hold up this poster when he shoots fouls....

The problem with the RuPaul imagery is that it isn't personal enough. Sure, Shaq insulted him. Big deal. Shaq insults lots of people.

But being "The Guy" is something Bosh talks about constantly. It actually MEANS something to him. If he gives it up, he's basically admitting he knows he's not good enough to lead a team to the title. I would think that reminding him of that fact would bother him.

Of course, it'd be less effective if he went to a team that didn't have Wade or LeBron on it... but it doesn't seem very likely that would happen. Besides, although RuPaul is a guy in drag, in many ways Robin is the more effeminate image.

If you're going to insult somebody, at least do it with some sophistication....

... and you've got to cheer too. Cheering is key. It says we hope he'll be as great a second-best player as he can.

Comment

Vellassco wrote: View Post
                                i saw him in the Yorkville Winners store once.

true story.

max money doesnt mean you dont enjoy max savings.

Comment

Working...
                                X