RuPaul Chant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RuPaul Chant?

So once the dust settles from this whole free-trade fiasco, we should see a fresh, energized new Raps squad on the floor for 2010-2011.

That being said, for better or worse, we may have created a new T Dot nemesis in CB4 (many will argue if this is legit).

So, what are the odds of a Ru Paul chant emanating from the hallowed peaks of the ACC when CB 4 first hits the foul line wearing his new jersey?

Would you join in the chant? Or should the 'world famous' 4 Korners just blast "work, covergirl, work it girl, give a twirl" from the speakers everytime CB gets a touch?

Seems a bit juvenile to me. Raps fans still persist in booing VC after all these years, and now we're supposed to start booing CB simply because he left in free agency? We're going to get a reputation for having the most bitter fans in the NBA.

Lighten up.

Comment

Dude, I am a Raptors fan, not a Bosh fan. As far as I can see, he is tarnishing his 7 years with his free agency immaturity, and is basically p*ssing in the face of the franchise. Does this mean he deserves some boos? I can see how it would.

Comment

Between 100% and 1000%. It will be the single greatest chant in raptors history and possibly follow Bosh wherever he goes. Some people don't like the Rupaul chirp, I think it is one of Shaq's many masterpieces.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
          We're going to get a reputation for having the most bitter fans in the NBA.
          I think that ship has already sailed.

Comment

im opposed to them chanting rupaul... or playing the song everytime he touches the ball..

buuuuuuuut if they played it while introducing the visiting team, that be some kind of awesome

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              im opposed to them chanting rupaul... or playing the song everytime he touches the ball..

buuuuuuuut if they played it while introducing the visiting team, that be some kind of awesome

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                Dude, I am a Raptors fan, not a Bosh fan. As far as I can see, he is tarnishing his 7 years with his free agency immaturity, and is basically p*ssing in the face of the franchise. Does this mean he deserves some boos? I can see how it would.
                Booing would make sense if you WANTED him to stay but he behaved badly and left anyway. Given that you obviously didn't want him to stay in the first place, how can you legitimately claim that you're offended by him leaving? Like I said, it's juvenile.

Booing once the first time he comes back or playing that song to tease him is one thing. Booing him EVERY time he touches the ball on EVERY time he plays in Toronto? You need a hobby.

Geez, I can't believe what an angry place this city is!

Comment

Fans pay big dollars for those tickets they can chant whatever they like (within reason)

I would be in....

As for us having a bad rep as fans that is 100% garbage...

Its called passion....

Players have nothing bad to say about the fans...

Sure we boo Vince and Tmac but any other city in the NBA would booo them the way the left especailly Wince I don't drive the hole anymore Carter....

RU PAUL RU PAUL RU PAUL

could be the best chant since 1918 with the Redsox until they won a title!!!

Comment

I'll join in on the chant.... Yes i have enjoyed the past 7 years watching Bosh grow as a player and he has given a lot to this organization. Since he has become a free agent he has shown to be unprofessional and a joke. I understand that he's trying to milk this thing for all it's worth but he has disrepected to free agency process and the people that have come before him to have him able to be in this position. RUUUU PAULLL!!!!! you sir are a joke. You are a professional athlete I think it's time to start acting like one.

Comment

People should be dead silent when he gets introduced. He was never as good as Carter, nor did he have the impact of VC that you would boo him.

Comment

Booing would make sense if you WANTED him to stay but he behaved badly and left anyway. Given that you obviously didn't want him to stay in the first place, how can you legitimately claim that you're offended by him leaving? Like I said, it's juvenile.

Booing once the first time he comes back or playing that song to tease him is one thing. Booing him EVERY time he touches the ball on EVERY time he plays in Toronto? You need a hobby.

Geez, I can't believe what an angry place this city is!
                        U R right, I did not want him to stay. Did I expect him to handle his business professionally though, yes I did. CB has been very professional in his personal biz up until the end of the season. Since then, it has been a downward spiral of media whoring and money grubbing.

I feel insulted as a LOYAL Toronto Raps fan. Who are you to tell me I can't feel insulted by the way this has unfolded??

Comment

Seems a bit juvenile to me. Raps fans still persist in booing VC after all these years, and now we're supposed to start booing CB simply because he left in free agency? We're going to get a reputation for having the most bitter fans in the NBA.

Lighten up.
                          Agreed - but not just known as the most bitter, but also the most insecure. The venom directed at Vince (though long past being relevant) was understandable at the time, but hating CB4 is childish and only speaks to Torontonian insecurity... "Oooh the big American star doesn't like us anymore. Well, we'll show him. He sure won't enjoy cashing those million-dollar cheques after enduring those Toronto boos!" (On the other hand, maybe he'll figure he's made it to superstar status if we treat him like VC and T-Mac.) The way Raptor fans hold on to perceived slights from departing players makes us a joke around the NBA.

Comment

lets just leave this alone
                            who cares about Bosh?
                            If you like him cheer him, if you hate him then boo (even though he doenst really deserve it)

Comment

Raptomist wrote: View Post
                              Agreed - but not just known as the most bitter, but also the most insecure. The venom directed at Vince (though long past being relevant) was understandable at the time, but hating CB4 is childish and only speaks to Torontonian insecurity... "Oooh the big American star doesn't like us anymore. Well, we'll show him. He sure won't enjoy cashing those million-dollar cheques after enduring those Toronto boos!" (On the other hand, maybe he'll figure he's made it to superstar status if we treat him like VC and T-Mac.) The way Raptor fans hold on to perceived slights from departing players makes us a joke around the NBA.
                              Ummmm....do you not think that Wade/Lebron will get booed if they dart from their teams?

I at least give those guys some credit. Lebron has been hush during this whole free agency scramble, and D Wade has pretty much been carrying the Miami banner.

Comment

Working...
                              X