Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: RuPaul Chant?

Post Thanks / Like

I had wondered where you had gone Multipaul.

I see you're back to business as usual.

The chant is petty and immature - which is why I can see it happening.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    This is a valid point.

But come on, the Ru Paul chant would be awesome at least once. Hopefully on a game broadcast in the US (which may occur if the free agents form like Voltron).
    Chanting RuPaul gives credit to Shaq for insulting Bosh when he was part of our team. I'd rather not legitimize the criticism. I'd go another direction. If he signs with either Wade or LeBron, I'd bring a poster with either Wade or LeBron as Batman and Bosh as Robin... and I'd chant "Go Robin Go!" when he got the ball in his first game.

To me, that would remind him of what he CLAIMED he wanted when he entered Free Agency, and it's a taunt that he might actually feel. But only in the first game... after that, it just comes off as insecurity on our part.

Anyway, IF I were going to taunt Bosh, that's how I'd do it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote geebee wrote: View Post
    Chanting RuPaul gives credit to Shaq for insulting Bosh when he was part of our team. I'd rather not legitimize the criticism. I'd go another direction. If he signs with either Wade or LeBron, I'd bring a poster with either Wade or LeBron as Batman and Bosh as Robin... and I'd chant "Go Robin Go!" when he got the ball in his first game.

To me, that would remind him of what he CLAIMED he wanted when he entered Free Agency, and it's a taunt that he might actually feel. But only in the first game... after that, it just comes off as insecurity on our part.

Anyway, IF I were going to taunt Bosh, that's how I'd do it.
    Or we could just hold up this poster when he shoots fouls....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote geebee wrote: View Post
    I'd go another direction. If he signs with either Wade or LeBron, I'd bring a poster with either Wade or LeBron as Batman and Bosh as Robin... and I'd chant "Go Robin Go!" when he got the ball in his first game.
    That gives me an idea. Another photoshop incoming.

Raptors Republic Rookie Vellassco's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote it is what it is wrote: View Post
    Fans pay big dollars for those tickets they can chant whatever they like (within reason)

I would be in....

As for us having a bad rep as fans that is 100% garbage...

Its called passion....

Players have nothing bad to say about the fans...

Sure we boo Vince and Tmac but any other city in the NBA would booo them the way the left especailly Wince I don't drive the hole anymore Carter....

RU PAUL RU PAUL RU PAUL

could be the best chant since 1918 with the Redsox until they won a title!!!
    As a passionate fan, you walking on Yorkville Avenue, Bosh is sighting, you dare to call RU PAUL RU PAUL RU PAUL directly on his face?

if yes, you have right to do whatever you like in ACC (within reason).

If no, if only A hundred bucks change all your attitude, think what 130 mil bucks can capable of.

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How about "Chris Byatch" written under a RuPaul poster...lol. Or since he cut off his spaghetti, we could use old Grace Jones pics. They do look alike yaknow.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vellassco wrote: View Post
    As a passionate fan, you walking on Yorkville Avenue, Bosh is sighting, you dare to call RU PAUL RU PAUL RU PAUL directly on his face?

if yes, you have right to do whatever you like in ACC (within reason).

If no, if only A hundred bucks change all your attitude, think what 130 mil bucks can capable of.
    No but I dont tell Vince he is gutless puke either

If i pay my money I can chant....

I dont think it is childish I think it would be funny but I am 32 going on 12 so maybe its just me

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol...I'm just 50% kidding guys...lol.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Or we could just hold up this poster when he shoots fouls....

The problem with the RuPaul imagery is that it isn't personal enough. Sure, Shaq insulted him. Big deal. Shaq insults lots of people.

But being "The Guy" is something Bosh talks about constantly. It actually MEANS something to him. If he gives it up, he's basically admitting he knows he's not good enough to lead a team to the title. I would think that reminding him of that fact would bother him.

Of course, it'd be less effective if he went to a team that didn't have Wade or LeBron on it... but it doesn't seem very likely that would happen. Besides, although RuPaul is a guy in drag, in many ways Robin is the more effeminate image.

If you're going to insult somebody, at least do it with some sophistication....

... and you've got to cheer too. Cheering is key. It says we hope he'll be as great a second-best player as he can.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vellassco wrote: View Post
    i saw him in the Yorkville Winners store once.

true story.

max money doesnt mean you dont enjoy max savings.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    How about "Chris Byatch" written under a RuPaul poster...lol. Or since he cut off his spaghetti, we could use old Grace Jones pics. They do look alike yaknow.
    Ok that was pretty good!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw him one night leaving Revival on College St. as I was coming in. As we crossed the street we noticed a white Maybach on the street outside of the club. It turned out to be Bosh's. He came out of the club wearing a hoodie, with a girl who I'm assuming is his gf, and some guy. The guy got in his car and him and the girl walked down the block a bit. He drove away and I went inside.

It was after one of the games he missed because of the ankle injury, when the Raptors played at New Jersey. My buddy was yelling "Yo CB, we need you back!", "MVP" because that's the kind of guy he is.
    Last edited by Mess; Tue Jul 6th, 2010 at 03:02 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Chanting Robin is LAME.

Sports is fun. Having a nemesis (for better or worse) is fun. Chanting RuPaul is simply an OUTSTANDING idea.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    I saw him one night leaving Revival on College St. as I was coming in. As we crossed the street we noticed a white Maybach on the street outside of the club. It turned out to be Bosh's. He came out of the club wearing a hoodie, with a girl who I'm assuming is his gf, and some guy. The guy got in his car and him and the girl walked down the block a bit. He drove away and I went inside.

It was after one of the games he missed because of the ankle injury, when the Raptors played at New Jersey. My buddy was yelling "Yo CB, we need you back!", "MVP" because that's the kind of guy he is.
    That's a great story. Speaks to the fact that CB is injury prone too..

Raptors Republic Rookie Vellassco's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote it is what it is wrote: View Post
    No but I dont tell Vince he is gutless puke either

If i pay my money I can chant....

I dont think it is childish I think it would be funny but I am 32 going on 12 so maybe its just me
    hahaha, i can see your logic dude.

PS: just for fun, no offense, lets step in your logic: what about giving Bosh a hundred bucks and then yell him whatever you like?

As far as i understand you goes ACC just for gas/stress release by hiding behind crowd. I guess you are planing to swap Bosh face with your Boss face this year while you are chanting.

Post Thanks / Like

the TFC has chants... specific chants for specific players... and its an awesome fan experience

maybe not a FAMILY fan experience... but for us beer drinking sports fans, its an awesome good time..

"Kasey Keller.. DEAF! DUMB! BLIND!".. that's some awesome chanting right there.. even though nobody here knows who he is

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris Bosh does not deserve the Rupaul chant....geez guys come on. People (other fans from different teams) will think Raptors is a joke an uneducated.

Chris Bosh was classy during his interview about his free agency. Now it past July 1st ... he can do and say what ever he wants. He did not demand a trade that VC did. He was loyal to raptor fans and he was a hardworking player. He finish his contract... he can do WHATEVER he want!

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
    Chris Bosh does not deserve the Rupaul chant....geez guys come on. People (other fans from different teams) will think Raptors is a joke an uneducated.

Chris Bosh was classy during his interview about his free agency. Now it past July 1st ... he can do and say what ever he wants. He did not demand a trade that VC did. He was loyal to raptor fans and he was a hardworking player. He finish his contract... he can do WHATEVER he want!
    Who cares what other people think.

He's acting like a biotch i'll treat him like a biotch!

Post Thanks / Like

If you must chant something insulting, at the very, very least, be creative and do not steal an insult that Shaq made up over a year ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    If you must chant something insulting, at the very, very least, be creative and do not steal an insult that Shaq made up over a year ago.
    agreed

we need chants about how he's a human ostrich.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information