RuPaul Chant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Ummmm....do you not think that Wade/Lebron will get booed if they dart from their teams?
    No. That's the point. They will be given the respected that they earned during their tenure.

Multipaul, I personally am a die hard raptors fan but if you were to start such a disrespectful chant in the ACC I will be very embarrassed to identify myself as one...If that's what being a "raptors fan" entails.

Do you see how other players might regard Toronto if we turned on Bosh so quickly after giving us 7 years? I sure as hell wouldn't want to play here.

It benefits our players and our franchise when we act with respect and dignity.

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
      Why can't the raptors be one of the teams those that don't boo an individual player for no reason and just... boo the WHOLE entire visiting team....
      Agreed. Passionate fans boo the entire other team.

I don't know about Philly fans nowadays, but back when I used to go to their games, they gave home court advantage its meaning. That was one passionate, albeit ugly, fan-base.

p.s. I mean ugly as in kick you while you're down. If you had a career-ending injury, they'd probably cheer and laugh at you.
      Last edited by Quixotic; Tue Jul 6, 2010, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
        This. And like Geebee said, if you want someone to think you're better off without them, the last thing you do is give them the attention. This smacks of insecurity and the need to put someone down just to feel better about ourselves.

And passion? Really? Toronto is not the only fanbase with passion, so don't even try hiding behind that banner.
        Insecurity comes out on many forms and the fake bravado I see in these childish posts are exactly that.

Let the children have their fun. They pay their hard earned money for a ticket and now want to vent at Bosh for.......(well I'm not really sure what for cause he's done nothing to them) I suppose leaving them and hurting their feelings, they can boo and chant if they wish.

That's about the only thing they will have cause to 'celebrate' next year, cause the losses should pile up quickly.

Comment

Your not the only fan here.

Will Tim Duncan be booed and leave the Spurs? only a select few was booed by their previous teams.

Why can't the raptors be one of the teams those that don't boo an individual player for no reason and just... boo the WHOLE entire visiting team....
          I guess it has to do with making him Franchise face and giving him all opportunities to be No1 stat guy on all categories. I think you deserved a bit more loyalty than he showed after his FA. He is not a kid like some you are trying to imply. He is in the NBA more than seven years? ehh.

Comment

Jive wrote: View Post
            No. That's the point. They will be given the respected that they earned during their tenure.

Multipaul, I personally am a die hard raptors fan but if you were to start such a disrespectful chant in the ACC I will be very embarrassed to identify myself as one...If that's what being a "raptors fan" entails.

Do you see how other players might regard Toronto if we turned on Bosh so quickly after giving us 7 years? I sure as hell wouldn't want to play here.

It benefits our players and our franchise when we act with respect and dignity.
            Dude, I am a huge raps fan as well, since day 1, and a huge hoops fan. I will support THE RAPTORS as long as they are around.

Do I worry about how other players from other teams think about us..booing their teammate? NO, not at all.

Bosh gave us a good 7 years, and has effectively wiped his hands clean of us. Not even a wave/nod to the crowd on his last day. As far as I'm concerned if we want to chant "you're a sausage" to him, we should be allowed to.

Comment

How does chanting Rupaul benefit us as raptors fan?
              1) This isn't passion... its more like a riot for him leaving...
              2) This send a bad message to future free agency... Toronto is a bad place to go

Comment

How does chanting Rupaul benefit us as raptors fan?
                1) This isn't passion... its more like a riot for him leaving...
                2) This send a bad message to future free agency... Toronto is a bad place to go
                Well my princely friend, because, it is funny.

You seem to be very concerned about what other players think about us- think of it from this point of view, they would see us as fans who passionately support their team. And...are funny.

Comment

Well my princely friend, because, it is funny.

You seem to be very concerned about what other players think about us- think of it from this point of view, they would see us as fans who passionately support their team. And...are funny.
                  Multipaul, I think you should be less worried about how to treat Bosh next season and more worried about how Bargnani is going to handle the pressure with that big ole' target on his back. You Bargnani fans have been braggin' about how special this kid is, well its time for him to step it up for a change.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Multipaul, I think you should be less worried about how to treat Bosh next season and more worried about how Bargnani is going to handle the pressure with that big ole' target on his back. You Bargnani fans have been braggin' about how special this kid is, well its time for him to step it up for a change.
                    Valid point, but should not deter any requisite Ru Paul chanting.

Comment

I hate it, but its probably gonna happen... and then he's gonna torch us like every other player does.

Comment

Let's not forget to have fun at basketball games, ok?
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

As long as BC doesnt re-sign CB then this year should be the most fun yet. Young talent, new directions...and a plethora of new chants when Miami/NY/NJ/Chi come to town

Comment

Do I worry about how other players from other teams think about us..booing their teammate? NO, not at all.
                            You know how in the NBA, how sometimes players get traded? or even on the rare occasion, someone gets signed...or event drafted? Yes, it does indeed happen.

That's why you should care how other players from other teams think.

You are just giving other players another reason NOT to come here. It's rediculous that this even needs explaining. Anyone here on these forums could tell you that.

Comment

Jive wrote: View Post
                              You know how in the NBA, how sometimes players get traded? or even on the rare occasion, someone gets signed...or event drafted? Yes, it does indeed happen.

That's why you should care how other players from other teams think.

You are just giving other players another reason NOT to come here. It's rediculous that this even needs explaining. Anyone here on these forums could tell you that.
                              LMFAO, dude, I don't need anyone from a forum to tell me about hoops or player psychology. Are you telling me I should walk on eggshells when I'm watching a game so I don't offend another player or make them think "wow, Toronto has some really intense fans". Are you kidding me??? I watched 3 years ago as Paul Pierce and the Celtics got booed off the floor every night. Did that deter KG and Ray Allen from signing there?? Players care about the chance to win and $$$.

Comment

LMFAO, dude, I don't need anyone from a forum to tell me about hoops or player psychology. Are you telling me I should walk on eggshells when I'm watching a game so I don't offend another player or make them think "wow, Toronto has some really intense fans". Are you kidding me??? I watched 3 years ago as Paul Pierce and the Celtics got booed off the floor every night. Did that deter KG and Ray Allen from signing there?? Players care about the chance to win and $$$.
                                ROLFSOXOMGBBQNAFTAUSAUSA.

Did call up KG and Ray yourself? You seem to know an awful lot, can you read minds? I should really watch out then.

I'm telling you to be respectful of other people. Obviously a skill you have trouble grasping, but that's your own issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X