Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Bosh Pulled a VC A Lot Earlier.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Bosh Pulled a VC A Lot Earlier.........

Riddle me this:

If Bosh pulled a VC way earlier/shortly after he signed his extension (maybe 2-3 years ago), could the Raps have acquired expiring contracts by trading him and then created cap space to become major players for this 2010 Free Agency Frenzy?

Since Bosh was gonna leave anyway, what if he asked for a trade 2 years ago, maybe we'd had a losing season, picked up the 1st pick in John Wall then still have enough cap space to sign say Joe Johnson and then still have money left to sign Haywood.

But now, Bosh is screwing us and we have no concrete leverage against him. I think seeing him leave in that manner and looking forward to John Wall + free agent frenzy wouldve been easier to swallow than Bosh taking us to the 1st round of the playoffs and then barely making it the next year plus see him leave.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Tue Jul 6, 2010, 03:24 PM.

This is so hypothetical it boggles my mind.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
      This is so hypothetical it boggles my mind.
      hahaha think of the possibilities!

Comment

For one thing Bosh didn't "pull a VC". Bosh is not under contract and has no obligation to the Raptors. Carter was under contract and had obligations to the Raptors. Bosh performed until the end, Carter tanked games until they traded him.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          For one thing Bosh didn't "pull a VC". Bosh is not under contract and has no obligation to the Raptors. Carter was under contract and had obligations to the Raptors. Bosh performed until the end, Carter tanked games until they traded him.
          Apollo, what i was saying was "IF" he pulled a VC earlier....please read the whole post. THanks!

Comment

No. This situation isn't attractive to any of the big free agents. They don't want to go to the Clippers in Los Angeles, which would be a championship contender with either of the big guys. Why would they choose Toronto?

Comment

I agree with Mess its way to hypothetical
              the whole franchice would be different, its just to out there to even make a guess

Comment

haha I like it. I'm salivating thinking about the Durant in a Raps uni.

Comment

Kevin Durant

Comment

I sai, I said.... Kevin Durant

Comment

sorry did someone say something about Kevin Durant?

Comment

Working...
                      X