What Does New Jersey Have to Offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Does New Jersey Have to Offer?

Well i keep reading and trying to find new information on where Bosh is heading or what direction he is leaning towards. You always come across the same names: Miami, Chicago, Cleveland, Houston. But the name i come across a lot too is New Jersey.

They seem like the underdog to me. Bosh tweeted about them saying how they know how to sell a franchise, but would he really want to go there with no Lebron, or would New Jersey even want him without Lebron. Its obvious that he cant go to the Knicks now with STAT there but would he be interested in Brooklyn?

So the question is what does Jersey have to offer Toronto in a S&T? People speculate that they could give up #3 pick Derrick Favors and Harris plus a pick which i think would be a nice deal. Just wondering what you guys think.

I think Harris would be a piece they would like to keep around and Favors would just add to that logjam at PF. I would love both players but unless they take a point guard back I dont see that scenario working.

Comment

Prob Kris Humperdink would be included too.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Favors is 6'10", 250lbs and only 18 years old. When he fills out I see no reason why he couldn't be a strong center. Right now he could probably play center even. He's around Bargnani's size, give or take a little.

Comment

Favours is probably the player mentioned of all the possibilities I would want the most, in exchange for Bosh. Apollo already gave his physical stats, but the guy is extremely athletic, very strong and has skills. A frontcourt of Favors, Davis and Johnson would make me erect.

If Harris can be traded to another team (Indiana?) for a younger player who would help in the long term, I'd be happy with that. I don't think New Jersey would give away both Favors and Harris, though, and I'd rather take Favors.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Of all the S&T scenarios, New Jersey just intrigues me the most...Getting their draft pick in Favors combined with our pick in Davis sets us up with our solid core of young players...I really don't think they would trade Harris and im not sure what else they would offer but of all teams I would want Bosh to go to New Jersey for sure.

Comment

I dont think Prokhorov will get desperate and take the next best thing. I think if he doesn't sign a max guy (Wade, Lebron) he will let favors develop into hopefully an all star. The idea of pairing Brooke with Bosh is tempting but a younger Favors and Brooke could be a fixture for the next ten years. If he's willing to send him to the Raps I do not object, he is a BEAST but his value to the nets is being understated.

Comment

Harris must be all of 24, if that! What, he's not young enough for you? And he's in the second tier of elite pg's. If they got Favors and Harris and draft picks for Bosh, I would die and go to heaven.

Comment

i love new jerseys deal but i am not happy with sending him to a division rival
                  ya dun noe

Comment

Overrated notion. The Raptors are in a complete rebuild. Bosh helping a team beat us only helps us get a higher pick in the regular season and we likely (hopefully, even) won't see the postseason.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
                      i love new jerseys deal but i am not happy with sending him to a division rival
                      Bosh couldn't make it to the playoffs with our roster, I don't think he would make it with NJ. Outside of Harris and Brook Lopez, who really is a factor on that roster?

Comment

ничто, что они бросили бы - "nothing that they would give up"
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I am close to a 100% positive NJ wouldn't give up Favors in a S&T, the guy could be a star and is cheap for four years. In a straight trade i'm not sure if Bosh would work since the guy has so much potential.

Harris would be ideal, people hate on him because of NJ's record last year, but there were a lot of factors that went into that tragic team.

If NJ signed Bron could Bosh and Jose for Harris, Ross, a pick and a trade exemption work?

I don't like sending bosh to a division rival espiecially if they sign Bron, but for Harris it would be worth it.

Comment

Umm....if Colangelo can get Brook Lopez or Devin Harris plus picks (probably high ones) out of them, hand him the EOY.

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                              Harris must be all of 24, if that! What, he's not young enough for you? And he's in the second tier of elite pg's. If they got Favors and Harris and draft picks for Bosh, I would die and go to heaven.
                              Well, he's 26, but I'm just not a big fan. He's not a very good defender, not a good passer and not a good outside shooter. His best attribute is his scoring, which he's very good at, but not what I'd want in a PG. I certainly wouldn't call him an elite PG, or even a 2nd tier elite (whatever that means). I'd say he's marginally better than Calderon, but why I like Calderon better is that he makes those around him better, can run an offense and won't take shots away from the younger guys who need shots to develop, unlike Harris.

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                              I am close to a 100% positive NJ wouldn't give up Favors in a S&T, the guy could be a star and is cheap for four years. In a straight trade i'm not sure if Bosh would work since the guy has so much potential.

Harris would be ideal, people hate on him because of NJ's record last year, but there were a lot of factors that went into that tragic team.

If NJ signed Bron could Bosh and Jose for Harris, Ross, a pick and a trade exemption work?

I don't like sending bosh to a division rival espiecially if they sign Bron, but for Harris it would be worth it.
                              I thought it highly unlikely they would ever give up Favors, and argued against such an argument, but from what I gather, they are not very high on Favors, whether they feel he is too much of a project, I don't know. Apparently, however, they are willing to deal him for a star PF.

As for Harris, I don't judge him by last season at all. First of all, he was injured and the Nets simply didn't have a lot of talent. As I said above, I think he's a great scorer, but he's not really a PG and would take shots away from other guys. I think there are certain teams he could help, but he's not what the Raptors need. I wouldn't even trade Calderon for Harris straight up, at this point, let alone Bosh and Calderon for him and a pick (who is this Ross guy?

The only way I would do a sign and trade to the Nets was if they included Favors.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X