No announcement yet.

Raptors Need to Consider Beasley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we get Beasley he may just kill himself.....

Seriously bad bad idea...I agree he is a good player and a GREAT talent...

but he is crazy like Delonte....Why don't want that with the young guns/rebuilding mode.....

Beasley going through customs 41 times year will get him arrested when the dogs smell his shoes....

Unless you can move him on day 1 you can't trade for this guy...

He is too crazy.......

Comment

We all know how much of a hard ass Riley is, as soon as Beasley and Chalmers were busted smoking pot at the rookie summit they were pretty much exodus. I think Beasley is a serious talent with loads of potential, but I have to applaud BC for not wanting him, BC is turning this team around from top to bottom with class. There's no point in bringing in guys who have questions marks surrounding them when you got a solid core of rookies who could possibly be tainted. I'm looking forward to watching this core develop over the next couple years!

Comment

Buddha, check Durant's plus/minuses from the last year, the Thunder did better offensively and defensively when he was on the bench. Mayo's defensive numbers were brutal this past year as well as Tyreke's, but both are going to be lockdown guys in thier careers.

Beasely has just had a epically bad adjustment from college to the NBA. He reminds of Artest without the rage, which isn't a great thing, but he needs a patient organization and the opportunity to grow and make mistakes.

No one who defends Bargs needing another year to get it can ever slam Beasely after he's only had two. Not taking back Beasely in a S&T will be one of the biggest blunders in franchise history.

Comment

Curious where you saw Durant's on/off court numbers. 82games has the Thunder at scoring 112.2 and giving up 104.8 per 100 possessions when he's on the court and scoring 97.7 and giving up 107.5 when he's off. So +14.5 on offence and marginally better (-2.7 on defence) for a +17.2 net effect.

Comment

Haha, sorry to clarify I meant last year as in two seasons ago, still caught up in this past season. Durant is the future, I would take him over any player in the NBA bar none, but in the 08/09 season the stats showed the Thunder were somehow better with him on the bench.

In the 08/09 season

Offense: Pts per 100 Poss. On court 103.2, off court 103.9
            Defense: Pts per 100 Poss. On court 112.6, Off court 104.4
            +8.2

I don't think these are an indictment of advanced stats or Durant, but rather a realization that players need a couple years in the league to adjust before they are making positive contributions to the team and not just putting up big numbers.

I watch Beasely all the time and he has all the tools to be extremely successful in the NBA, but even two years in he is still has a long way to go, but as Durant showed it only takes a year for a player to make a significant leap in effectiveness.

Comment

I'm hardly an expert on Beasley's past, but I only just found out that he's 21 years old. Is it not a fair bet to write off some of his craziness as a symptom of youth? People mature at different rates and in different ways.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                Is he above average defensively? No? Then I don't see why he should be on the Raptors.
                He's just as good defensively as anyone else on the raptors, Do you not understand that this guy could be a 25 per game scorer in the league? He can improve defensively, he's still a very young guy.

Comment

THis has always been a no brainer for me, when you can get a top 10 talent in the league and a solid backup point guard, not to mention joel anthony, who's a stud defensively, there's no question that you should do this sign and trade. Let Chris go for nothing? yeah that smart people, if you can get a guy like beasley back along with chalmers, I say that you take them. Hands down!

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                    Buddha, check Durant's plus/minuses from the last year, the Thunder did better offensively and defensively when he was on the bench. Mayo's defensive numbers were brutal this past year as well as Tyreke's, but both are going to be lockdown guys in thier careers.

Beasely has just had a epically bad adjustment from college to the NBA. He reminds of Artest without the rage, which isn't a great thing, but he needs a patient organization and the opportunity to grow and make mistakes.

No one who defends Bargs needing another year to get it can ever slam Beasely after he's only had two. Not taking back Beasely in a S&T will be one of the biggest blunders in franchise history.

I agree with you 100%, it would be a historical blunder to not take beasley back in a S&T! People act like the guy is a serial killer, he's a 21 year old kid, with immature ways. It happens, just because we had guys like Bosh and AP, who wouldn't hurt an ant, then we get the idea that this guy actually having some ball and maybe a little temper is a bad thing for the franchise. Big Big mistake if we dont take him.

Comment

Lopez wrote: View Post
                      THis has always been a no brainer for me, when you can get a top 10 talent in the league and a solid backup point guard, not to mention joel anthony, who's a stud defensively, there's no question that you should do this sign and trade. Let Chris go for nothing? yeah that smart people, if you can get a guy like beasley back along with chalmers, I say that you take them. Hands down!
                      I'm confused. Beasley? Top 10 talent? Does not compute.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

He's just as good defensively as anyone else on the raptors, Do you not understand that this guy could be a 25 per game scorer in the league? He can improve defensively, he's still a very young guy.
                        The point is that the Raptors have to get BETTER defensively. Trying to simply outscore your opponent doesn't work. And I do understand that Beasley has great offensive talents, but the Raptors already have a big man with great offensive talents who is a liability on the defensive end. And now you want two? Yes, he can improve defensively, but he'll most likely never even be an average defender.

You are never, ever going to win with Beasley and Bargnani on the same team, and you're probably not going to win with just one of them starting. Contenders need good defensive players and neither of them will ever ben good defenders.

The ONLY reason the Raptors would take Beasley is in order to get an asset at a low value and then sell at a higher value. I guess it's not like the Raptors will compete next year, but Beasley would have to move to SF so he wouldn't take minutes away from Davis of Johnson.

Either way, he's not a long term answer.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          The point is that the Raptors have to get BETTER defensively. Trying to simply outscore your opponent doesn't work. And I do understand that Beasley has great offensive talents, but the Raptors already have a big man with great offensive talents who is a liability on the defensive end. And now you want two? Yes, he can improve defensively, but he'll most likely never even be an average defender.

You are never, ever going to win with Beasley and Bargnani on the same team, and you're probably not going to win with just one of them starting. Contenders need good defensive players and neither of them will ever ben good defenders.

The ONLY reason the Raptors would take Beasley is in order to get an asset at a low value and then sell at a higher value. I guess it's not like the Raptors will compete next year, but Beasley would have to move to SF so he wouldn't take minutes away from Davis of Johnson.

Either way, he's not a long term answer.

Okay maybe we can't win with Beasley and Bargs on the same team but if they both come out and perform to the best of their abilities, either one can be great trade assets in the future, I like beasley better than Bargs because of his athleticism and just all around grit. To not get this guy just isn't smart, We have nothing to lose here.

Comment

Okay maybe we can't win with Beasley and Bargs on the same team but if they both come out and perform to the best of their abilities, either one can be great trade assets in the future, I like beasley better than Bargs because of his athleticism and just all around grit. To not get this guy just isn't smart, We have nothing to lose here.
                            This discussion made me rethink my position a little...

With the Raptors in a bad position in terms of negotiating, the idea of taking Beasley back might very well give the Raptors a little leverage in the negotiations. Beasley has offensive skills, to be sure, and in the right situation could average 20+ ppg. That situation is not Miami, however, and a guy who does little more than score is the last thing Miami needs at this point. They need role players who can defend their position and do the little things. That doesn’t describe Beasley.
                            http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...anything-back/
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim conceding a point, the world really is ending.

I think the key is if Beasely can defend at the 3. I honestly don't understand how a 31 year old Turk can do it, but a 21 year athletic freak can't. He is a bit redundant at the four and him playing with Bargs makes me feel nauseous, but if he plays well then the raps can trade him or Bargs for a point guard.

I'm biased because I really, really like Beasely. He just seems like a really nice dude who got chewed up by the NBA.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                                Tim conceding a point, the world really is ending.

I think the key is if Beasely can defend at the 3. I honestly don't understand how a 31 year old Turk can do it, but a 21 year athletic freak can't. He is a bit redundant at the four and him playing with Bargs makes me feel nauseous, but if he plays well then the raps can trade him or Bargs for a point guard.

I'm biased because I really, really like Beasely. He just seems like a really nice dude who got chewed up by the NBA.
                                Hey, I always listen to a reasonable argument.

I have always thought that Beasley should play the three. I think he'd be much more of a mismatch there, and his below average rebounding would actually be not bad.
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X