Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Lebron's Thursday Announcement Affect What Bosh Does?

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Will Lebron's Thursday Announcement Affect What Bosh Does?

ESPNEWS

Breaking News - Sources: LeBron James will announce decision on his free agency Thursday at 9pm EST on ESPN. 20 minutes ago via web Retweeted by KCJHoop and 100+ others
    http://twitter.com/ESPNEWS

My guess is that Bosh and Wade will wait until after Lebron's announcements before they decide what they are going to do.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is part of the actual ESPN story. The whole story is on the link below.

James' plans still are a closely guarded secret. He visited with six teams -- the New Jersey Nets, New York Knicks, Miami Heat, Los Angeles Clippers, Cleveland Cavaliers and Chicago Bulls -- last week at his business offices in downtown Cleveland and may have made up his mind already. But until he gives word, other teams are positioning themselves to make a run at the 6-foot-8, 260-pound All-Star -- or Bosh or Wade, or maybe a combination.

There have been various reports that the Toronto Raptors were working on a sign-and-trade deal with Cleveland for Bosh, and that James is trying to convince him to join the Cavaliers.

Both James and Bosh are aware that such a trade is possible, and James has tried to recruit Bosh to the Cavaliers several times in the past few weeks, sources told Broussard.

But right now, Bosh remains cold to the idea of playing in Cleveland.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5359255
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie Realist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If he picks Cleveland it won't affect him, because that's a step down city wise from Toronto. If LeBron goes to the Nets(who are Brooklyn bound) He wants in in an instant.

Post Thanks / Like

James, Wade and Bosh to discuss plans on Wed CC

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports 21 minutes ago

LeBron James(notes), Dwyane Wade(notes) and Chris Bosh(notes) are expected to share a conference call on Wednesday to discuss free agency and try to move closer to finalizing their decisions, a league source with knowledge of the plan told Yahoo! Sports.

The three players are motivated to reach resolutions and make their choices public by Thursday, several sources told Yahoo! Sports. The stars and their agents with CAA continued on Tuesday to churn through numerous machinations and possibilities.

“Everything is still in play,” the source said.

Bosh and Wade are still considering playing together with Miami, Chicago and New Jersey, sources said.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...gentcall070510
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Jul 6th, 2010 at 10:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

an hour special of him talking about his love for cleveland and how he believes its the right decision, Yeah!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BoxMan wrote: View Post
    an hour special of him talking about his love for cleveland and how he believes its the right decision, Yeah!
    Sounds reasonable to me.

Post Thanks / Like

wade, lebron and bosh r having a conference call tommorow. By thursday we will all be able to move on with our lives

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BoxMan wrote: View Post
    wade, lebron and bosh r having a conference call tommorow. By thursday we will all be able to move on with our lives
    Maybe not.

According to the story their CC is a private CC where they will discuss free agency. But who knows what exactly that will entail. It could just be Lebron telling them in advance of Thursday what he will announce on ESPN on Thursday.

Just because the three will have a CC tomorrow doesn't mean that Bosh and Wade will announce Wed, Thurs or whenever.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

What?... no posts about Lebron being an attention seeking douche?

Post Thanks / Like

What an attention seeking douche.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks... didn't want Bosh stealing all the glory

Post Thanks / Like

He's staying in Cleveland. You don't hold a press conference to say you're leaving the city.

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

hhhhhooooooommmmmmooooooooossssss

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    He's staying in Cleveland. You don't hold a press conference to say you're leaving the city.
    very true he very well may be..... you think maybe bosh is just misleading about being cold on the cavs?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote black angus wrote: View Post
    What?... no posts about Lebron being an attention seeking douche?
    THANK YOU! I was wondering why nobody was bringing this up. Everyone jumps on Bosh but nobody mentions LeBron going on Larry King (which apparently miffed a few people) and then making his announcement on ESPN? I'm not quite sure why he gets a free pass. Talk about being a media whore.

Post Thanks / Like

I think there's a chance this whole free agency thing for Lebron was nothing but hype. He wanted to let the media feast on it, let everyone in Ohio sweat about him leaving, fawn over him, beg him to stay and then when he finally announces he will not desert the city he grew up in he will be immortalized (and maybe they'll forgive him if he doesn't win a championship - since at least he stuck around and tried).

There's also a chance I've thought way too much about it and need to read a book or something.

Raptors Republic Rookie Mistabill's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They all sign one year deals, so we can live through it all over again next year

Raptors Republic Rookie Raptoronto's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bosh's tweet (today is a great day) along with this LeBron "press conference" makes me think they are have made a decision together. Don't be surprised to see Bosh there with LeBron...what a turn off.

Raptors Republic Starter OzRapFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sick of athletes thinking they are the second coming of the messiah, Lebron is even more an attention whore than Bosh.

News flash "King" James, you might think you are all powerful but even that didn't stop your teammate from sticking one in your mum now did it?

Post Thanks / Like

This looks like a good thread to show the idea I had for a t-shirt if the Raptors had made the playoffs and faced the Cavs in the first round. I did buy tickets and I was looking forward to getting it made some place. Oh well, we all know how that ended. Maybe it will have some use in the future.

If you don't get the reference, first - shame on you, and second, here it is:

Thread Information