Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Lebron's Thursday Announcement Affect What Bosh Does?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there's a chance this whole free agency thing for Lebron was nothing but hype. He wanted to let the media feast on it, let everyone in Ohio sweat about him leaving, fawn over him, beg him to stay and then when he finally announces he will not desert the city he grew up in he will be immortalized (and maybe they'll forgive him if he doesn't win a championship - since at least he stuck around and tried).

There's also a chance I've thought way too much about it and need to read a book or something.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

They all sign one year deals, so we can live through it all over again next year
      Follow Me on Twitter MISTABILL

Comment

Bosh's tweet (today is a great day) along with this LeBron "press conference" makes me think they are have made a decision together. Don't be surprised to see Bosh there with LeBron...what a turn off.

Comment

I'm sick of athletes thinking they are the second coming of the messiah, Lebron is even more an attention whore than Bosh.

News flash "King" James, you might think you are all powerful but even that didn't stop your teammate from sticking one in your mum now did it?

Comment

This looks like a good thread to show the idea I had for a t-shirt if the Raptors had made the playoffs and faced the Cavs in the first round. I did buy tickets and I was looking forward to getting it made some place. Oh well, we all know how that ended. Maybe it will have some use in the future.

If you don't get the reference, first - shame on you, and second, here it is:

Comment

I love that scene (and movie). When I turned 37, I was happy that I could tell people "I'm 37, I'm not old." Strangely enough, no one understood, but it didn't stop me from enjoying it. It was a sad day when I turned 38. For more than just one reason.

Favourite line:

"Strange women lying in ponds, distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

Hear. hear!

Of course, democracy elected George W. Bush twice, so that obviously doesn't work, either.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

this was supposed to be resolved monday(we all knew it wasn't but was supposed to be), then wednesday(smokescreen)now thursday (just to say he's postponing his decision another week)
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I love how in one day, Lebron has more "twitter followers" than RuPaul

Comment

Maybe it's time everyone hate on LeBron James now...

James joined Twitter on Tuesday and there has also been activity on his official web site, leading some to speculate that his decision would first be released via his own social media.

According to Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, ESPN was in talks with James about filming his planned free agency "tour", but talks ended when the Cavaliers were eliminated by the Celtics in the Eastern Conference Semifinals.

Broussard reported on ESPNEWS that the Knicks "are very much alive" in the race to sign James and said he doesn't think the Bulls are out of the running either. Broussard also believes the Cavaliers may retain James.
                    Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0syY4kizs
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I already don't like LeBron and do think he's a huge egomaniac but he's already getting tons of attention to be labeled attention whore...a la CB4 who wants to be on that level.

That being said, it says in an article that Jame's ppl contacted the network to work out a deal with all sponsorship proceeds from the show to go to a children's charity.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/0...sion-thursday/

So maybe LBJ is feeding his already overstuffed ego, but at least some good will come out of it and others can benefit.

Comment

I think it's for him to say goodbye to the city which he grew up and loved. It makes the most sense to me, you don't need a 1 hour presser to say you're back with your home team. Unless there is a blow out deal which is bringing Bosh + someone else (not Wade). Which I don't see happening, I love Lebron and even if he doesn't win 6 rings, he will always be one of the most amazing basketball players of our generation. Not only has Bosh effed up Toronto but now he has effed up Cleaveland, he will be hated everywhere hahaha jks!

Comment

Just think of the pure scope of public manipulation. Months of rumours, discussion and debate. Untold terrabytes of memory were filled and millions of trees were cut down. All this ongoing b.s. culminating in a nationwide press conference in which (most pundits agree) LeBron will announce his isn't going ANYWHERE!

Wade? Well, likely he isn't going anywhere either.
                          Bosh? For all his talk about wanting to be "the man", he's likely to sign up to be the number 2 guy in Miami.

Meanwhile, there are plenty of talented NBAers who DO want to move (hello Carlos Boozer) who are getting little or no press. Man, did the media and the public ever get played like fiddles! What a crock!

Comment

Was gonna post, but it appears Arsenalist already said as much, but then i felt like saying it anyway. You don't hold a national press conference if you're gonna leave you're team. The humiliation and anger that would create in Cleveland - Lebron's supposedly beloved home - would turn the whole city, if not the state, against him. No. Huge press conference, to me, implies only that Lebron will stay with the Cavs. He'd have to be a serious douche with a serious lack of class to do otherwise (though it still remains to be seen that he's not, I suppose).

Comment

I disagree, I don't think the press conference has any bearing on whether or not he's leaving the team. A report I read was that LeBron's advisers are choosing sponsors for the hour and all proceeds go to some charity for boys and girls. Sounds to me like a way to show that you're not a heartless bastard while slipping a knife through the backs of Cleveland Cavalier fans.

With that being said, I think he stays. But not because he's holding a press conference.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                                A report I read was that LeBron's advisers are choosing sponsors for the hour and all proceeds go to some charity for boys and girls. Sounds to me like a way to show that you're not a heartless bastard while slipping a knife through the backs of Cleveland Cavalier fans.
                                Exactly, that or the charity is a way to deflect some of the criticism about being an attention whore. Or both.

Comment

Working...
                                X