Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN's Broussard - Source: Bosh to Join The Heat with Wade

Post Thanks / Like

Default ESPN's Broussard - Source: Bosh to Join The Heat with Wade

Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are teaming up together on the Miami Heat, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Whether LeBron James, the kingpin of this summer's celebrated free agent class, will join them remains to be seen. James will announce his decision Thursday night at 9 ET during a one-hour special on ESPN.

Wade and Bosh are expected to announce their decision on Wednesday, according to the source.

James or not, the Heat could emerge as one of the top teams in the Eastern Conference with Wade and Bosh aboard. Wade, who led the Heat to the NBA title in 2006, is re-signing with the club, while Bosh will leave the Toronto Raptors after seven years with the club.

Both players are expected to get the maximum amount allowable under the league's collective bargaining agreement, though the addition of James could change the players' salaries. Contracts cannot be officially signed until July 8.

It was not immediately clear whether Bosh will sign with Miami outright or join the Heat through a sign-and-trade deal. Bosh could earn $125 million over six years via sign-and-trade, but only $96 million over five without it.

"Either way, he's definitely going to Miami," the source said.
    Chris Broussard is an NBA writer for ESPN The Magazine.
    Link: ESPN

I'd imagine its a S&T. Hopefully along the lines that Bucher purposed yesterday.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Wade gets injured again and we get the pleasure of watching Bosh run around the court with a team made up of d-league guys and ring-seeking vets...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bye bye Bosh. Good riddance to someone who didn't want to be here. Typical selfish athlete. Bosh earned his right to be a FA and everyone knew that he was going to be Wades sidekick from the beginning. When Bosh comes back he's earned his boo's. I hope that Miami gets no one in the FA market. Two big FA's and 13 minimium salary players should create a very interesting team.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is non news. Actually the only thing that is news about it is that ESPN is finally reporting it after it was thoroughly discussed and predicted on Raptors Republic weeks ago

Thread created on 05/30/10

I Am Sensing If Bosh Leaves He Will Be Going to Miami

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...hlight=sensing

I am going to enjoy my cookies and milk on this one and we all know who has volunteered to supply them. I like double double chocolate.

Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Jul 7th, 2010 at 08:50 AM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

So now we wait until Thursday to see if the Heat will play the Bulls, Cavs or Knicks on Christmas day.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    This is non news. Actually the only thing that is news about it is that ESPN is finally reporting it after it was thoroughly discussed and predicted on Raptors Republic weeks ago

Thread created on 05/30/10

I Am Sensing If Bosh Leaves He Will Be Going to Miami

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...hlight=sensing

I am going to enjoy my cookies and milk on this one and we all know who has volunteered to supply them. I like double double chocolate.

Congrats Buddahfan on being right with 90% of the people....who cares if your right this site is about the Raptors not you...Your better then this...

As for Bosh going to Miami I hope BC gets a good deal for the Raps

CMon BC

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to you Chris.

A special shout out to Colangelo. Side report have it that Bosh might be leaving with NO sign and trade. lol

That would probably allow for King James to show up if he so chooses, and leave the Raps with no returning assests as Colangelo promised all year long in the event this happened.

Even if there is a sign and trade, the Raps had a V.I.P ticket to the biggest party in 2010and BC decided to give it to his buddy Riley. Now they are outside looking in, waiting in line with everyone else, scuffling with bouncers!lol

Colangelo, you are indeed a master strategist!

The misdirected anger and venom the past week directed at Bosh (who cares about some nonsense twitters) should be squarely on the GM's shoulders.

When will someone at MLSE wake-up and get rid of this guy.

Raptors Republic Starter cornbreadd's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

At least we'll get our draft pick back, it'll probably be a good one

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the "When will Spoelstra get fired and Riley take over" pool in the Miami Heat offices has started yet

Post Thanks / Like

A "person with knowledge of the situation" is another way of saying an "unnamed source" and "a person close to Bosh/Wade". I'll wait and see.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont rule out a sign and trade Bosh is too greedy to lose 30 mil...I would be shocked if he walks with out the S and T.....

Post Thanks / Like

So now the question arises, what do the Raptors get back? I think the TPE and the rights to the Raptors' lotto protected pick that was traded away in the Jermaine trade is a start.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote it is what it is wrote: View Post
    Dont rule out a sign and trade Bosh is too greedy to lose 30 mil...I would be shocked if he walks with out the S and T.....
    Riley has been known to hypnotize people one-on-one so I wouldn't be that surprised. Remember that they both have the same agent who can also be an influence.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Even if Bosh takes a tad less to have James added to the Heat...A sign and trade is still in Bosh's best intrest as he can get a sixth year added...This way he leaves the Raps atleast getting something and he gets his six years....

Trust me he is not going to do the Raps like that....

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote it is what it is wrote: View Post
    Congrats Buddahfan on being right with 90% of the people....who cares if your right this site is about the Raptors not you...Your better then this...

As for Bosh going to Miami I hope BC gets a good deal for the Raps

CMon BC
    hahaha i guess you havent been here that long to know who Buddha is, hahaha.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are morons bashing B.C.? The guy did not pull the trigger on Bosh simply because he thought at first he could potentially retain him, or even better try to get him in a S&T. Even if he failed, he tried it is BOSH'S decision to do that S&T, get off his back!

If he doesn't do the S&T I wonder if Wade/his agent found Bosh some sponsors to make up for the $$ loss, I wouldn't be surprised if he helped to get him a shoe deal, or something decent.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Relax people, Bosh to Miami without a sign and trade is not a bad idea. Considering the train wreck of a roster that they have, it's not bad for us. We can use the money elsewhere. The roster needs to be altered and altered carefully. Both Bosh and Calderon were pre-BC picks and it's true, he will have a clean slate to start from. We need to stop acting like the Knicks who will sign just about anyone. And if we really need to learn a massive lesson, look at Philly in Brand and Igoudala. Yes, I realize we're getting players in return, but those are players who were drafted by someone else, with so-so performance stats and past records for everyone to see. Since we have signed Amir (and please, a new angry thread would've been made if Amir signed elsewhere and people will be burning BC effigies), the next move will be to see what will happen to the other free agents, other team needs, etc. Any knee-jerk reaction will be bad. I mean, the New Jersey owner doesn't seem to be freaking out.

Speaking of New Jersey (and even Philly), they are the only team that has anything of value to trade for CB in Derrick Favors and Evan Turner respectively. Without youth in return, then let's not bother. I would prefer to see the Raps be in the form of Oklahoma (with youth), Detroit (2000's - blue collar, no "me first") and Portland (competitive even when the starters are hurt). We need to stay away from the "one-man-carrying-the-team" mentality. We had that in Vince, Chris..

PS> Beasley does need a new change in scenery. It just won't happen in Canada and with Triano. There were already concerns when he was picked 2nd overall. He's a good athlete but his issues outweigh them. If BC decides to gamble, it's not the end of the world. We may end up with him as there will be redundancy at the 4 position in Miami (unless Chris plays the 5 and Beasley will be at the 4 - a big maybe). Beasley is still in his rookie contract anyway. He has every incentive to play his ass off and be a good citizen. He's playing for a contract in the new CBA so who knows, he might just be the "hungry athlete" that this team needs. I mean let's face it, the only hungry athlete we have is Hedo. How many boxes of Pizza Pizza do you think this guy is scarfing down before and after a game?
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Wed Jul 7th, 2010 at 09:48 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    So now the question arises, what do the Raptors get back? I think the TPE and the rights to the Raptors' lotto protected pick that was traded away in the Jermaine trade is a start.
    What if they don't get anything back for him.......what would be your opinion on that situation?

It is possible that he leaves outright and that the Raps get nothing in return. Not sure how likely, but definitely possible.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting a huge TPE is a fairly interesting return for Bosh, and, having been following the boards here for a while now, it seems no one really called this until it started appearing about week or so ago as an option.

The benefit for the other team in participating with us using our TPE is the same for us in getting it in the first place - either salary cap savings, more freedom to reshuffle an inadequate roster, or magnet for mid-season trades. What teams, then, fall into one of those categories? Who would/should we turn around and target or trade with if we got a TPE in 17m range? You guys think BC has something already worked out if we got such a huge exception?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information