ESPN's Broussard - Source: Bosh to Join The Heat with Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insight_tor wrote: View Post
    Amar'e signed the max deal but without sixth year .... If CB4 signs directly with Heat, it will be probably at the same as Amar'e contract.
    Amare actually has a higher max salary due to more years in the league than Bosh according to the CBA. . $100m for Amare, $96m for Bosh, $4m more for Amare for more years of experience playing in the league. I won't be surprised if Bosh signs outright with the heat, Wade can get him a shoe deal of $6m per year as Wade himself is likely to get a $50-60m shoe deal over his contract of 6 years. If the sign outright happens, we can all see that Bosh is in for himself..

Comment

You also have to think that Miami wants to free up a bit more salary this year in a S&T to be able to add more pieces...I just can't imagine Bosh signing outright (he may have put that out there to pressure BC to accept the Miami deal).

Comment

How good will Wade and Bosh be together?

With Wade and Bosh to verbally commit to the Heat today, how good will the duo be in the upcoming season?

http://nbaprimetime.com/espn-bosh-and-wade-team-up-in-miami-confirmed/2408/

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
          Why would the agent want to lose the 6% of extra $30mil? It is in agent best interest to maximize both salaries of his players, so his commission is maximized as well. The agent influence means nothing anyway for CB4 if his mind is already locked to play somewhere. The agent role is not to influence his client, but to broker the best deal based on his clients requirements. He may advise CB4, but I guess CB4 already has a crew of advisers anyway
          The fly in the ointment is "conflict of interest" here. Anyone in the litigation or agent game will tell you that it is not a good idea to have the same individual representing you who also have clients with similar goals at the same time. It kind of muddies the loyalty waters. Wade & Bosh are not of equal value...on the court or off it.

My comment was referring specifically to convincing Bosh to sign outright (without s&t). The NBA is about relationships as much as anything and Riley/Ariston are as powerful as they come in an organization like the NBA...translation...if Thomas makes this happen it is better in his long term business interests and other clients current & long term.

There is also a power play happening here where the Raptors rightly were trying to influence where Bosh should go so we could maximize the return on a s&t. Thomas/Bosh may have got uptight about this.

I do hope though that yesterday's inadvertent tweet works out in terms of return.
          Last edited by Bendit; Wed Jul 7, 2010, 10:52 AM.

Comment

"I have heard nothing official." - Brian Colangelo

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...-move-to-miami

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
              "I have heard nothing official." - Brian Colangelo
              If BC's not blowing smoke up our arses, then that statment worries me and possible confirmation that Bosh is signing directly with the Heat and not the route of the sign-and-trade.

Comment

Bosh is such a fucking scum bag. Simple as that.

Comment

You can't deny that Wade and Bosh are going to be an absolutely sick, sick combo. Anybody who says that they aren't is just saturated with the shitty flavour Bosh has left in our mouths these last few weeks, which is understandable. Lets face it, Bosh isn't a leader. Now that he's with Wade, he can go in, produce, and not worry about being criticized by one of the fiersest fan bases in the L (God bless us.) However, he has to step it up big time in Miami. He's going to have allot less support surrounding him on the court, which will mean more pressure. Its a sketchy situation putting all your money into Wade and Bosh in my eyes. If Wade goes down, the Heat are screwed.

Comment

Realist wrote: View Post
                    Wow. You are one angry gerbil. (or whatever that green thing is...)

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
                      Wow. You are one angry gerbil. (or whatever that green thing is...)
                      Truth hurts, anyone supporting that twitter whore RuPaul should be exiled from the fan base. He's worse than VC. At least we got SOMETHING for Carter. This scum bag and his agent went back on their word, cut off communication and screw the franchise even more. People should throw tomatoes at him when he returns.

Comment

chrisbosh
                        What's all the fuss about this morning? I woke up to a ton of emails, texts and missed calls.
                        7 minutes ago
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Realist wrote: View Post
                          Not really.

Bosh just called BC's bluff and popped his massive ego.

"BC, If you want a sign and trade you can do it but if not I will get up and walk cause contrary to popular opinion it's about the winning and working with a GM that can be trusted to build a winner!

Get it done Bosh man!

And good luck BC trying to beg Riley to not rake you over the coals some more in a potential s & t. lol.

Bryan buddy, you traded away your ticket to the 2010 free agent party, you're ego has been cooled (the last press conference was great) and now you're about to trade away your dignity.

Comment

chadfordinsider

LBJ, Wade & Bosh discussed the possibility that all 3 could wind up playing together for the Heat on a conference call early Wed morning

chrisbosh
                            What's all the fuss about this morning? I woke up to a ton of emails, texts and missed calls.

I'll check the news later. Sitting down for my belgian waffles right now. 6 minutes ago via UberTwitter
                            Someone is making shit up.
                            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
                              I hope Wade gets injured again and we get the pleasure of watching Bosh run around the court with a team made up of d-league guys and ring-seeking vets...
                              me too.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                                chadfordinsider

chrisbosh

Someone is making shit up.
                                Well, technically no.
                                Bosh was up late last night.
                                "Early Wednesday morning" could also mean 2 am.

Comment

Working...
                                X