Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ESPN's Broussard - Source: Bosh to Join The Heat with Wade

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Riley has been known to hypnotize people one-on-one so I wouldn't be that surprised. Remember that they both have the same agent who can also be an influence.
    Why would the agent want to lose the 6% of extra $30mil? It is in agent best interest to maximize both salaries of his players, so his commission is maximized as well. The agent influence means nothing anyway for CB4 if his mind is already locked to play somewhere. The agent role is not to influence his client, but to broker the best deal based on his clients requirements. He may advise CB4, but I guess CB4 already has a crew of advisers anyway

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Another interesting tidbit from Heat columnist Ira Winderman:

Contrary to broadcast reports, the Raptors have not summarily dismissed overtures from the Heat. Toronto has at least seven sign-and-trade offers from various suitors. While one of them is from James' Cavaliers, Cleveland is not necessarily a prime landing spot on Bosh's wish list.

There also was word late Tuesday night that Bosh just might prove amenable to a straight five-year, $96 million signing with the Heat.

In South Florida, A Bosh-Wade pairing would leave the Heat in excess of an additional $10 million in salary-cap space, unless Toronto also requires the Heat to take back additional salary in such a trade.
    That would blow for us, but I can't see Bosh taking anything less than the max especially when players like Amar'e and Joe Johnson just signed maximum deals.

Source - Click here

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post

That would blow for us, but I can't see Bosh taking anything less than the max especially when players like Amar'e and Joe Johnson just signed maximum deals.

Source - Click here
    Over on Let's NBA, I posted a link to a Woj column in which he suggests the Heat are still aggressively pursuing LeBron... but that they've got a secondary option in pursuing PG Andre Miller, and the trade bait Woj listed for Miller is the same bait that was being offered for Bosh in a S&T.

Maybe Wade and LeBron finally convinced Bosh to take the hit for the opportunity to put the three of them on one team?

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote it is what it is wrote: View Post
    Even if Bosh takes a tad less to have James added to the Heat...A sign and trade is still in Bosh's best interest as he can get a sixth year added...This way he leaves the Raps at least getting something and he gets his six years....

Trust me he is not going to do the Raps like that....
    sorry but i dont trust you. hahaha. just kidding man.

from what Bosh has shown the past couple of weeks, i think he is waaaaay more interested in going to a different team and getting his money rather than looking back at the Raps to see what he can do for them. Everybody's been saying "its business", so i dont think Bosh is concerned with whats going to happen to the Raps when he leaves. The only thing thats still tying the two together is the 30mil, 6th year option that Bosh wants. Its not about him saying to the Raps "ill do a s&T so that youll be covered when i leave" but its more like "lets do a sign and trade so i can get my money". i mean common, if Bosh really wanted to do the Raps a favor, he wouldve taken his max money and signed with a team that can give pieces that would improve the Raps. But that aint gonna happen.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post

Source - Click here
    Amar'e signed the max deal but without sixth year .... If CB4 signs directly with Heat, it will be probably at the same as Amar'e contract.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Canít say I know about the rest of the Heat roster and how the details of this trade and the rest of the off-season will work out, but ... Wade and Bosh together are likely to be a real force to be reckoned with, for years to come. From a basketball standpoint, Iíll be more than a little interested to see just how good they play together, game-in and game-out. Of course, if things go as Iíd like them to, the Raptors will get good enough to help create a real rivalry ... whichíll make it extra fun when we kick their asses. But Bosh and Wade will be great together, for sure. Bring on October ... and Go Raps.

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote it is what it is wrote: View Post
    Even if Bosh takes a tad less to have James added to the Heat...A sign and trade is still in Bosh's best intrest as he can get a sixth year added...This way he leaves the Raps atleast getting something and he gets his six years....

Trust me he is not going to do the Raps like that....
    I wouldn't swear for a guy we don't know personally. Bosh wants limelight to build his brand. That doesn't have anything to do with his contract but more with his exposure. I think he could very well leave us for nothing.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just found this on some other site...it's a twitter feed (gross), but it's strange. Also, i have zero context for it (and I'm all about interpreting things with no context. It's what today's best journalists are all about!) Just felt like adding something to all the nonsense, rumour and innuendo. Seems like that's what all the cool kids do.

ReggieEvans30 Sorry T Dot.

Also, I think this is my 100th post. I feel i've reached some kind of lame milestone.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I saw that, I don't know if Reggie is apologizing that we're losing CB, or maybe he's getting included in the S & T. Who knows right now.

And grats on post #100.... I think.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Riley is using the media (with Henry Thomas) to get what they both want: max deal for Bosh (of the S&T variety - 6 years), but on terms Miami can live with.

All likely part of the game to try to panic sell Toronto into taking Beasley. If it involved only one of Beasley or Chalmers PLUS picks (and a TPE) it would be a decent deal for Toronto. Beasley only has one year on his deal (plus a TEAM option the following). The pick(s) and TPE would be valuable.

AND

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    ReggieEvans30 Sorry T Dot.
    Is likely a response to hearing Bosh is leaving. There are zero rumours about Evans being part of a deal.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote insight_tor wrote: View Post
    Amar'e signed the max deal but without sixth year .... If CB4 signs directly with Heat, it will be probably at the same as Amar'e contract.
    Amare actually has a higher max salary due to more years in the league than Bosh according to the CBA. . $100m for Amare, $96m for Bosh, $4m more for Amare for more years of experience playing in the league. I won't be surprised if Bosh signs outright with the heat, Wade can get him a shoe deal of $6m per year as Wade himself is likely to get a $50-60m shoe deal over his contract of 6 years. If the sign outright happens, we can all see that Bosh is in for himself..

Raptors Republic Rookie Raptoronto's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You also have to think that Miami wants to free up a bit more salary this year in a S&T to be able to add more pieces...I just can't imagine Bosh signing outright (he may have put that out there to pressure BC to accept the Miami deal).

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How good will Wade and Bosh be together?

With Wade and Bosh to verbally commit to the Heat today, how good will the duo be in the upcoming season?

http://nbaprimetime.com/espn-bosh-and-wade-team-up-in-miami-confirmed/2408/

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote insight_tor wrote: View Post
    Why would the agent want to lose the 6% of extra $30mil? It is in agent best interest to maximize both salaries of his players, so his commission is maximized as well. The agent influence means nothing anyway for CB4 if his mind is already locked to play somewhere. The agent role is not to influence his client, but to broker the best deal based on his clients requirements. He may advise CB4, but I guess CB4 already has a crew of advisers anyway
    The fly in the ointment is "conflict of interest" here. Anyone in the litigation or agent game will tell you that it is not a good idea to have the same individual representing you who also have clients with similar goals at the same time. It kind of muddies the loyalty waters. Wade & Bosh are not of equal value...on the court or off it.

My comment was referring specifically to convincing Bosh to sign outright (without s&t). The NBA is about relationships as much as anything and Riley/Ariston are as powerful as they come in an organization like the NBA...translation...if Thomas makes this happen it is better in his long term business interests and other clients current & long term.

There is also a power play happening here where the Raptors rightly were trying to influence where Bosh should go so we could maximize the return on a s&t. Thomas/Bosh may have got uptight about this.

I do hope though that yesterday's inadvertent tweet works out in terms of return.
    Last edited by Bendit; Wed Jul 7th, 2010 at 10:52 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

"I have heard nothing official." - Brian Colangelo

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...-move-to-miami

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote geebee wrote: View Post
    "I have heard nothing official." - Brian Colangelo
    If BC's not blowing smoke up our arses, then that statment worries me and possible confirmation that Bosh is signing directly with the Heat and not the route of the sign-and-trade.

Raptors Republic Rookie Realist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bosh is such a fucking scum bag. Simple as that.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You can't deny that Wade and Bosh are going to be an absolutely sick, sick combo. Anybody who says that they aren't is just saturated with the shitty flavour Bosh has left in our mouths these last few weeks, which is understandable. Lets face it, Bosh isn't a leader. Now that he's with Wade, he can go in, produce, and not worry about being criticized by one of the fiersest fan bases in the L (God bless us.) However, he has to step it up big time in Miami. He's going to have allot less support surrounding him on the court, which will mean more pressure. Its a sketchy situation putting all your money into Wade and Bosh in my eyes. If Wade goes down, the Heat are screwed.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Realist wrote: View Post
    Bosh is such a fucking scum bag. Simple as that.
    Wow. You are one angry gerbil. (or whatever that green thing is...)

Raptors Republic Rookie Realist's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote geebee wrote: View Post
    Wow. You are one angry gerbil. (or whatever that green thing is...)
    Truth hurts, anyone supporting that twitter whore RuPaul should be exiled from the fan base. He's worse than VC. At least we got SOMETHING for Carter. This scum bag and his agent went back on their word, cut off communication and screw the franchise even more. People should throw tomatoes at him when he returns.

Thread Information