ESPN's Broussard - Source: Bosh to Join The Heat with Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosh S&T

I think Colangelo handled this situation incredibly well. Why should we agree to a sign and trade if we are taking back bad contracts or players who won't make us any better? Trade exceptions could be valuable, but seldom are. I'm sure if Bryan could get back picks or half decent players, he would make the deal.

The problem with this whole situation is that Bosh is not treating Toronto as a partner in the process, but rather wants to pretend he has all the power in the situation. The reality is, the Raptors have a seat at the table whether he likes it or not, because they hold the keys to an additional $30 million for him.

Many will say, it is not really $30 million, and he'll be able to sign an extension with Miami to recoup most of that money. What I say to that notion is... Look at Tracey McGrady. There are no guarantees that with Bosh's history of knee injuries, he is a player a team will be willing to invest $20million+ in 3 or 4 years from now.

I think it is Bosh who is being immature throughout this process, and very short sighted.

/ps

sleepz wrote: View Post
    Good luck to you Chris.

A special shout out to Colangelo. Side report have it that Bosh might be leaving with NO sign and trade. lol

That would probably allow for King James to show up if he so chooses, and leave the Raps with no returning assests as Colangelo promised all year long in the event this happened.

Even if there is a sign and trade, the Raps had a V.I.P ticket to the biggest party in 2010and BC decided to give it to his buddy Riley. Now they are outside looking in, waiting in line with everyone else, scuffling with bouncers!lol

Colangelo, you are indeed a master strategist!

The misdirected anger and venom the past week directed at Bosh (who cares about some nonsense twitters) should be squarely on the GM's shoulders.

When will someone at MLSE wake-up and get rid of this guy.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
      chadfordinsider

chrisbosh

Someone is making shit up.
      or bosh is being a shit face. something smells fishy although i do live near a lake.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
        Well, technically no.
        Bosh was up late last night.
        "Early Wednesday morning" could also mean 2 am.
        Then he's being a dick and pretending to be clueless.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Hey all, think about this.

Individually, Wade and Bosh haven't done much. Wade got the ring, but he had a good squad and some vets around him.

They both have histories of injuries and lots of missed games. Neither one can carry a team. Plus, they both hog the ball and have a me-first attitude on offense. You think this relationship will work- NO WAY.

Bosh claims "winning is all he cares about". So he goes to a squad that is even more dilapidated than ours. Man, good riddance to this P.O.S.

I can't wait to play Miami this year.

What's that chant..."Ruuuuuuuuupauulllllllllllllllll"

Comment

Both Players have the same agent, they are both Nike Ball players after D-Wade switched from Converse last season. Too much power in the hands of an agent and a shoe company. I think this deal will be pointed to by David Stern as he tears the players a new one during CBA negotiations next summer.
            Follow Me on Twitter MISTABILL

Comment

New conference via ESPN at 12:30pm ET: http://espn.go.com/

Comment

i just hope that miami gets eliminated early int he playoffs next year or dont make playoffs and the raptors do. if that happens bosh will probably cry about that on his twitter page also.

Comment

Realist wrote: View Post
                  Truth hurts, anyone supporting that twitter whore RuPaul should be exiled from the fan base. He's worse than VC. At least we got SOMETHING for Carter. This scum bag and his agent went back on their word, cut off communication and screw the franchise even more. People should throw tomatoes at him when he returns.

Lets take a second to relax and remember how Vince quit on the team for 2 months, pouted and then forced a trade for Alonzo Mourning (who we bought out) Aaron Williams and Eric Williams and a couple picks. The Williams sisters probably couldn't have started in the D league at that point in their careers, so bottom line, lets not go compare Bosh, (maybe a premadonna, but he played hard all the time) to the biggest piece of sh*t on earth, Vinsanity. We are a bit of a rabid fan base, but lets not go overboard here.

Comment

http://channelsurfing.net/watch-espn.html

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                      Hey all, think about this.

Individually, Wade and Bosh haven't done much. Wade got the ring, but he had a good squad and some vets around him.
                      Bullshit, Wade took over the Finals (with the refs help) but he was clearly the Man.

Comment

Yes, that's right Mess. But you will recall he had a good team around him, as I stated. I would like to see him do that with his current roster, cause he hasnt yet.

Comment

He still dragged them into the playoffs last year.

Comment

@ Realist: What. Carter was still under contract and Toronto traded him for tanking personally. Panic move, but we got shit for him. Bosh is no longer under contract; he doesn't contractually owe the Raptors a thing. Regardless, wasting energy hating either one is... well, a waste of energy. But Carter deserves it more.

... But hey, emotion is the enemy of reason. Carry on.

Anyway, Wade carried the team to the playoffs last year, to the fifth seed, and people were entertaining the thought of an upset over the Celtics. More than anyone would've ever said about the Raptors.
                            Last edited by TRX; Wed Jul 7, 2010, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                              He still dragged them into the playoffs last year.
                              Yes. And look what happened. If they had the same squad + Bosh would it have mattered? Nope. They got beat cause no defense- you think Bosh will help with that?

Comment

TRX wrote: View Post
                                @ Realist: What. Carter was still under contract and Toronto traded him for tanking personally. Panic move, but we got shit for him. Bosh is no longer under contract; he doesn't contractually owe the Raptors a thing. Regardless, wasting energy hating either one is... well, a waste of energy. But Carter deserves it more.

... But hey, emotion is the enemy of reason. Carry on.

Anyway, Wade carried the team to the playoffs last year, to the fifth seed, and people were entertaining the thought of an upset over the Celtics. More than anyone would've ever said about the Raptors.
                                Exactly This

Comment

Working...
                                X