Thread: Jack to Be Captain?

Raptors Republic Rookie sunndog's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jack to Be Captain?

According to Frank Zicarelli of the Toronto Sun, Jarret Jack is ready to assume captaincy of the team if asked now that Bosh is on his way to the land of hot suns and cool mojitos.
    Personally I don't know if this is necessarily the right choice, but considering the alternatives are the Young Gunz, Hedon't, Bargs or Calderon, there aren't too many other guys who would be appropriate.

Do you guys think this is a good choice? Can he provide the leadership and mentality that this team so desperately needs? What does it say about Bosh if Jack is able to lead this team more effectively? Or get more out of the guys around him?

Should be an interesting situation to watch.

Source - http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../14630716.html

Raptors Republic Rookie big red's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Personality-wise, I think he has it, but it's hard to call someone the captain when we're not even sure if he'll be starting.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i am for it, he is a better captin in my opinion than bosh. He doesn't play as selfish and is very vocal and protective about his team mates. If they aren't winning he's bitching at everyone! You need a guy who is a vocal leader on and off the court, Jack fits the roll perfectly and he will be starting next year if he gets the position thats for sure. Jose will probably be leaving in a package deal if we send Bosh out!

Post Thanks / Like

There is never really a good reason to finish reading a sentence that begins with "According to Frank Zicarelli" ... But yeah, if Jose is gone, then Jack is the logical choice, otherwise Jose.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack makes the most sense in terms of being captain of the team... unless we get Shane Battier

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

its a no-brainer, really

he has the best rapport with the most of his teammates.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think he will get it. If it were a no brainer there would be no rumors about him potentially getting traded. Not to mention he explained very clearly one of his biggests knocks in the leadership department.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope he gets it. He always played his hardest and led by example. None of the young gunz have played enough to get it and Andrea and Hedo havent shown any leadership qualities. Jack may not be a perfect captain but is the best option Toronto has right now

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote sunndog wrote: View Post
    According to Frank Zicarelli of the Toronto Sun, Jarret Jack is ready to assume captaincy of the team if asked now that Bosh is on his way to the land of hot suns and cool mojitos.
    Personally I don't know if this is necessarily the right choice, but considering the alternatives are the Young Gunz, Hedon't, Bargs or Calderon, there aren't too many other guys who would be appropriate.

Do you guys think this is a good choice? Can he provide the leadership and mentality that this team so desperately needs? What does it say about Bosh if Jack is able to lead this team more effectively? Or get more out of the guys around him?

Should be an interesting situation to watch.

Source - http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../14630716.html
    What choice do we have in the first place?

Post Thanks / Like

JJ was captain last season anyways in my opinion

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they should run with no captain. I'd be more than okay with that.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I know who it could be but I ain't saying

We shall see.

The decision probably won't be made until October after the roster is settled.

Someone may have eaten Jack's face by then and he will be history

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote big red wrote: View Post
    Personality-wise, I think he has it, but it's hard to call someone the captain when we're not even sure if he'll be starting.
    not really i mean anthony parker was kind of team captain but was only a solid role player. so,i mean you don't have to ba an all-star physically to be team captain but you shoiuld have an all star personality which jarrett seems to have.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jose over Jack??? I'll pass on that

Its clear to see that he would be the best fit as captain at this point. He played his heart out and then his guts out. He laid it all out on the hardwood every night. Between Jose and Jarret there really isn't a comparison. Jack can easily express whats needed to be said from the looks of things. Jose you really can't tell what hes thinking or saying. The guy looks lost. Do you really want him as a captain???

Post Thanks / Like

I really like JJ, when Ariza took a swing at DD earlier last season, Jack was the first one in Ariza's face standing up for his team mate. That right there shows what kind of personality our captain should take not to mention he was the only one who would stand up to CB4 when he didnt play up to par.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is the only thread on the first page of "Everything Raptors" that's about an actual Raptor.

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he basically was the captain for us last season the only problem with him is he needs to be our captiain every night regardless of how well were playing especially this year when it looks like thyere gonna be moe losses then wins...

Thread Information