Thread: I Am Calling Here Right Now - Playoffs For Raps in 2010-11

Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    Yes you read it right.

Why not I am on a hot streak

1. Johnson signing call

June 26, 2010
    Do The Raptors Have A Deal With Amir Johnson?

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...highlight=deal

2. Bosh to Miami

May 30, 2010
    I Am Sensing If Bosh Leaves He Will Be Going to Miami

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...hlight=sensing

Might as well double down

Raptors to make the playoffs in 2010-11, you betcha'

Explanations for call to come during October.
    Thanks for stating the obvious .....You still want that cookie dont ya ?
    You are delusional ......cheers !
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why on earth would anyone want the Raptors to be the 8th seed in the playoffs? Are people around here that in love with mediocrity?

And there's no way the Raptors are better than Milwaukee. Yes, it may take Bogut a while to come back to full strength, but unless people have forgotten, the Raptors appear to have lost Bosh. I'd say it's a wash, and Milwaukee finished 6 games above Toronto last season.

Philly underperformed last year and added a franchise player, in my opinion, as well as a coach who tends to make an immediate impact. I'd be surprised if they weren't better. Indiana will also likely finish above Toronto with a healthy Granger, and I'm betting at least a couple of trades. The team has a fair bit of talent, they just need to move it around to get the right pieces.

I also wouldn't be shocked to see New York ahead of Toronto, depending on what else they do this summer.

If Colangelo were smart, he would throw out any aspirations of making the playoffs this year and concentrate on rebuilding. Barely making the playoffs would hurt the franchise just as much as Bosh leaving it for nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Tanking has very negative implications, especially for a franchise that is not currently a desired location. It's the Raptors best interest to do as well as possible and start building a good reputation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Tanking has very negative implications, especially for a franchise that is not currently a desired location. It's the Raptors best interest to do as well as possible and start building a good reputation.
    Here here. Tanking on purpose is BS. No REAL Raptors fan would suggest sacrificing an entire year. Ridiculous.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Why on earth would anyone want the Raptors to be the 8th seed in the playoffs? Are people around here that in love with mediocrity?
    It's not that we love mediocrity, it's that nothing is better for the development of young player than getting into the playoffs and actually playing with the bright lights on. Plus wouldn't it be a great sign for our franchise if our core, which is made up of very young players plus Hedo and whichever point guard we keep can make the playoffs. If we make the playoffs in any seed next season, we will become a perennial playoff team and eventually become a contender when everyone hits there stride in three years. Why would we not want to see that?
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Frankly, I think the issue of whether they're going to lose on purpose or not is a moot point. They ARE going to lose, and lose big unless BC has about a half dozen aces up his sleeve.

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    It's not that we love mediocrity, it's that nothing is better for the development of young player than getting into the playoffs and actually playing with the bright lights on. Plus wouldn't it be a great sign for our franchise if our core, which is made up of very young players plus Hedo and whichever point guard we keep can make the playoffs. If we make the playoffs in any seed next season, we will become a perennial playoff team and eventually become a contender when everyone hits there stride in three years. Why would we not want to see that?
    exactly. look no further than bargs - he got a taste of the playoffs his first two years, and KAPOW!!, he took right off.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHA thats so funny when they had the chance to be in the playoffs without Bosh this year everyone was saying how they didnt want to see the Raps against Lebron because they would look bad and no one even thought about the youn gunz getting playoff experience because they wanted the Pick and to not to give it up to Miami, because they wanted something to look forward to and now Bosh is gone and people are saying how this line up will make the playoffs haha

Our perimeter Defence sucks, our coach is still too inexperienced, we have two rookies in our frontcourt, no identity and our franchise player now choked everytime the team needed him last year when Bosh was out .......oh yeah we will be first seed next year.

Herm Edwards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    exactly. look no further than bargs - he got a taste of the playoffs his first two years, and KAPOW!!, he took right off.
    Yeah Bargs is an elite player now isnt he LOL

Herm Edwards

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    Yah, Bargnani got a taste of the playoffs playing at the three spot with Sam Mitchell as the coach. Sam Mitchell who was apparently fired because of the way we handled Bargs.

Yah, that's a good example.

You need a winning atmosphere if you're going to do anything in the playoffs and if this team can make the playoffs when everyone thinks they have no chance, it will be wonderful for their confidence and I think that would be more important for our team going forward.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

pretty conceited ehh?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well first of all, the Raptors aren't going to be any more a desired location whether they are an 8th seed (which is unlikely anyway) or a 11th seed. I don't expect them to draw many free agents either way. Do you? The point is not to draw free agents. The point is to build with youth.

Besides, a young up and coming team built the right way is A LOT more attractive than a mediocre team that never has any real chance of becoming a contender.

Were talking one or two years in the lottery. The Raptors already have a good, young core, they just need to get a high lottery pick next year (and maybe turn Bargnani into Rubio). They're far better off than when the Thunder/Sonics drafted Durant.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Well first of all, the Raptors aren't going to be any more a desired location whether they are an 8th seed (which is unlikely anyway) or a 11th seed. I don't expect them to draw many free agents either way. Do you? The point is not to draw free agents. The point is to build with youth.

Besides, a young up and coming team built the right way is A LOT more attractive than a mediocre team that never has any real chance of becoming a contender.

Were talking one or two years in the lottery. The Raptors already have a good, young core, they just need to get a high lottery pick next year (and maybe turn Bargnani into Rubio). They're far better off than when the Thunder/Sonics drafted Durant.
    Yeah prime example Indiana they have been mediocre for a while now, instead of building through the draft they have been sucking just enough to not make the playoffs every year and not get a top 3 pick.

Herm Edwards

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know whether I have Buddha's confidence, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Raps got into the playoffs.

Look at the impact of Halladay's departure on the Blue Jays. That team was supposed to lose 100 games, and while they're slipping around .500, they're definitely not 20 games under. Why? Leadership abhors a vacuum. Other players step up. Youth develops.

The Mariners were better the year that Ken Griffey Jr. left.
    Then, they were better when Alex Rodriguez left.
    The Montreal Expos re-tooled with youth seemingly every other year until they finally ran out of steam.

The Houston Rockets deal with injuries and just find players to fill the gaps and keep things interesting.
    Can we really say that the Bucks are, on a position by position basis, better than the Raps? Not really. But they have great chemistry and coaching and a commitment to one another and their system that allows them to play solid defence. That can't be underestimated.

Is there a heavy possibility that the Raps' chemistry will improve with Bosh's departure? More than likely. Hopefully with a few extra Young Gunz, that exuberance will infect the locker room in a good way. I'd love to see that, even if in reality, the Raps only win 20-30 games or so.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Buddhafan. I'm a little confused. That My 30th prediction... was that you just hedging your bet? Because in your public messages section, you wrote this:

"Nothing of real import is happening and I know I could be wrong on this but I think that in the end Bosh will stay. Therefore all of these hypothetical S&T deals and the discussions that come out of it just seem meaningless."

So on May 25th you said he was staying, but on the 30th you said IF he goes, he goes to Miami. So if he had stayed, would you be pointing to this comment and claiming you called that too? Is there one definitive post we can use to gauge your predicitons?

Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

My July 9th prediction: Raps finish 2010/11 with 38 wins (10th seed)*.

*My prediction is subject to change with every roster change up until Sep. 29/10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information