I Am Calling Here Right Now - Playoffs For Raps in 2010-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    this coming from a guy with michael beasley as his avatar.

anyways, wow no way,c someone with actual preminitions omg!

you're not on a hot streak your just saying what everyone's thinking.

right now i'm thinking you should tell us when something isn't so obvious is going to happen like where carlos boozer is going to sign or david lee.
    I think Boozer is going to stay in Utah because its insulting that he's being referred to as plan B. Lee is going to Phoenix.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
      Hedo and Bargs will play in the All-star team.
      Hellz yea

Comment

Raps gonna face Miami in the 1st round and BEAT THEIR ASSES.

Bargs will dominate CB4 down low and make him cry.

Comment

I'm with Buddhafan I think this team is going to be significantly better than people think and I really don't know how many teams are going to be better than them in the East.

Orlando
          Boston
          Miami
          Wherever Bron goes
          Charlotte
          Chicago
          Atanta
          Toronto

And if Lebron goes to Chicago, that's another team not as good playoffs. I think we're still better than New York and New Jersey unless they get Lebron, Indiana, Philli and Washington are not doing anything this season, and Detroit is just straight up bad. Milwakee could be good, but with Bogut coming back from that brutal injury they could not do as well as they did this past season. So yah, I think our chances are pretty good if Hedo shows up to pay and Bargs steps up.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

uh, where's this optimism coming from? just how different do we expect this roster to be? if it was a sub-40 win team with bosh, and now he's gone, and they're getting ZERO back in exchange, how does this improve the team?

if BC couldn't work get a trade done with chris fucking bosh, how's he going to do one involving the albatross contracts of hedo or jose?

please, someone tell me how i'm missing something, but aside from davis & alabi (of whom only davis will likely see steady minutes, and limited at that), and aside from amir replacing bosh as the starting 4 (not exactly an upgrade), how is this a team that's coming within 15 games of the 8th seed?
            TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              Yes you read it right.

Why not I am on a hot streak

1. Johnson signing call

June 26, 2010
              Do The Raptors Have A Deal With Amir Johnson?

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...highlight=deal

2. Bosh to Miami

May 30, 2010
              I Am Sensing If Bosh Leaves He Will Be Going to Miami

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...hlight=sensing

Might as well double down

Raptors to make the playoffs in 2010-11, you betcha'

Explanations for call to come during October.
              Thanks for stating the obvious .....You still want that cookie dont ya ?
              You are delusional ......cheers !
              "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Why on earth would anyone want the Raptors to be the 8th seed in the playoffs? Are people around here that in love with mediocrity?

And there's no way the Raptors are better than Milwaukee. Yes, it may take Bogut a while to come back to full strength, but unless people have forgotten, the Raptors appear to have lost Bosh. I'd say it's a wash, and Milwaukee finished 6 games above Toronto last season.

Philly underperformed last year and added a franchise player, in my opinion, as well as a coach who tends to make an immediate impact. I'd be surprised if they weren't better. Indiana will also likely finish above Toronto with a healthy Granger, and I'm betting at least a couple of trades. The team has a fair bit of talent, they just need to move it around to get the right pieces.

I also wouldn't be shocked to see New York ahead of Toronto, depending on what else they do this summer.

If Colangelo were smart, he would throw out any aspirations of making the playoffs this year and concentrate on rebuilding. Barely making the playoffs would hurt the franchise just as much as Bosh leaving it for nothing.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tanking has very negative implications, especially for a franchise that is not currently a desired location. It's the Raptors best interest to do as well as possible and start building a good reputation.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Tanking has very negative implications, especially for a franchise that is not currently a desired location. It's the Raptors best interest to do as well as possible and start building a good reputation.
                    Here here. Tanking on purpose is BS. No REAL Raptors fan would suggest sacrificing an entire year. Ridiculous.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      Why on earth would anyone want the Raptors to be the 8th seed in the playoffs? Are people around here that in love with mediocrity?
                      It's not that we love mediocrity, it's that nothing is better for the development of young player than getting into the playoffs and actually playing with the bright lights on. Plus wouldn't it be a great sign for our franchise if our core, which is made up of very young players plus Hedo and whichever point guard we keep can make the playoffs. If we make the playoffs in any seed next season, we will become a perennial playoff team and eventually become a contender when everyone hits there stride in three years. Why would we not want to see that?
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Frankly, I think the issue of whether they're going to lose on purpose or not is a moot point. They ARE going to lose, and lose big unless BC has about a half dozen aces up his sleeve.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                          It's not that we love mediocrity, it's that nothing is better for the development of young player than getting into the playoffs and actually playing with the bright lights on. Plus wouldn't it be a great sign for our franchise if our core, which is made up of very young players plus Hedo and whichever point guard we keep can make the playoffs. If we make the playoffs in any seed next season, we will become a perennial playoff team and eventually become a contender when everyone hits there stride in three years. Why would we not want to see that?
                          exactly. look no further than bargs - he got a taste of the playoffs his first two years, and KAPOW!!, he took right off.
                          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

HAHAHA thats so funny when they had the chance to be in the playoffs without Bosh this year everyone was saying how they didnt want to see the Raps against Lebron because they would look bad and no one even thought about the youn gunz getting playoff experience because they wanted the Pick and to not to give it up to Miami, because they wanted something to look forward to and now Bosh is gone and people are saying how this line up will make the playoffs haha

Our perimeter Defence sucks, our coach is still too inexperienced, we have two rookies in our frontcourt, no identity and our franchise player now choked everytime the team needed him last year when Bosh was out .......oh yeah we will be first seed next year.

Herm Edwards

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                              exactly. look no further than bargs - he got a taste of the playoffs his first two years, and KAPOW!!, he took right off.
                              Yeah Bargs is an elite player now isnt he LOL

Herm Edwards

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                                Yah, Bargnani got a taste of the playoffs playing at the three spot with Sam Mitchell as the coach. Sam Mitchell who was apparently fired because of the way we handled Bargs.

Yah, that's a good example.

You need a winning atmosphere if you're going to do anything in the playoffs and if this team can make the playoffs when everyone thinks they have no chance, it will be wonderful for their confidence and I think that would be more important for our team going forward.

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X