X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pretty conceited ehh?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Tanking has very negative implications, especially for a franchise that is not currently a desired location. It's the Raptors best interest to do as well as possible and start building a good reputation.
      Well first of all, the Raptors aren't going to be any more a desired location whether they are an 8th seed (which is unlikely anyway) or a 11th seed. I don't expect them to draw many free agents either way. Do you? The point is not to draw free agents. The point is to build with youth.

Besides, a young up and coming team built the right way is A LOT more attractive than a mediocre team that never has any real chance of becoming a contender.

Were talking one or two years in the lottery. The Raptors already have a good, young core, they just need to get a high lottery pick next year (and maybe turn Bargnani into Rubio). They're far better off than when the Thunder/Sonics drafted Durant.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        Well first of all, the Raptors aren't going to be any more a desired location whether they are an 8th seed (which is unlikely anyway) or a 11th seed. I don't expect them to draw many free agents either way. Do you? The point is not to draw free agents. The point is to build with youth.

Besides, a young up and coming team built the right way is A LOT more attractive than a mediocre team that never has any real chance of becoming a contender.

Were talking one or two years in the lottery. The Raptors already have a good, young core, they just need to get a high lottery pick next year (and maybe turn Bargnani into Rubio). They're far better off than when the Thunder/Sonics drafted Durant.
        Yeah prime example Indiana they have been mediocre for a while now, instead of building through the draft they have been sucking just enough to not make the playoffs every year and not get a top 3 pick.
        "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

I don't know whether I have Buddha's confidence, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Raps got into the playoffs.

Look at the impact of Halladay's departure on the Blue Jays. That team was supposed to lose 100 games, and while they're slipping around .500, they're definitely not 20 games under. Why? Leadership abhors a vacuum. Other players step up. Youth develops.

The Mariners were better the year that Ken Griffey Jr. left.
          Then, they were better when Alex Rodriguez left.
          The Montreal Expos re-tooled with youth seemingly every other year until they finally ran out of steam.

The Houston Rockets deal with injuries and just find players to fill the gaps and keep things interesting.
          Can we really say that the Bucks are, on a position by position basis, better than the Raps? Not really. But they have great chemistry and coaching and a commitment to one another and their system that allows them to play solid defence. That can't be underestimated.

Is there a heavy possibility that the Raps' chemistry will improve with Bosh's departure? More than likely. Hopefully with a few extra Young Gunz, that exuberance will infect the locker room in a good way. I'd love to see that, even if in reality, the Raps only win 20-30 games or so.

Comment

Hi Buddhafan. I'm a little confused. That My 30th prediction... was that you just hedging your bet? Because in your public messages section, you wrote this:

"Nothing of real import is happening and I know I could be wrong on this but I think that in the end Bosh will stay. Therefore all of these hypothetical S&T deals and the discussions that come out of it just seem meaningless."

So on May 25th you said he was staying, but on the 30th you said IF he goes, he goes to Miami. So if he had stayed, would you be pointing to this comment and claiming you called that too? Is there one definitive post we can use to gauge your predicitons?

Comment

My July 9th prediction: Raps finish 2010/11 with 38 wins (10th seed)*.

*My prediction is subject to change with every roster change up until Sep. 29/10.
              RR OG

Comment

Working...
              X