Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Bosh Signing With Miami (No Sign-and-Trade?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    You can watch the interview live on ESPN.com
    I'd rather not.
    The realization that Bosh just willfully screwed the Raptors over after the organization went to such lengths for him is sickening. I don't think it's necessary for me to watch him lie to the camera one more time.

Comment

Rich Bucher from ESPN:

Ric Bucher just reported that the Raptors are willing to work on a S&T with Miami. Riley wants Bosh at 5 years and is trying to convince him to go that route.

Comment

ha and their were posters on here claiming that there is no way Bosh leaves $30 million dollars on the table!!!!!!

We got screwed royally. FU BOSH and COLANGELO.

Comment

Well, there we go nothing coming back. Shucks, this kinda sucks.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Via Bruce Arthur from the National Post (Twitter):

Hey, Bosh just lied on ESPN! Said Raptors were aware of his thinking. They weren't.

Comment

Yeah, WIlbon asked him about the executives in Toronto, and Bosh talks about JJ and his friends.

There's no contract ironed out, BC could still work with him to get a S &T. The only thing really confirned is that he's going to Miami - one way or another.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

If he's going anyway Riley won't send us anything back. He'd rather Bosh signed for 5 instead of 6.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

If all three do end-up in once place and start to rack championships after Championships...Would they then be considered a true dynasty and compared against the likes of Jordans Bulls and Kobe's Lakers etc..

It seems since the Boston Celtics big 3--- teams are now using the same formula. This would suck for the league and small market teams would suffer... see YANKEE & REDSOX. Folks would lose interest.

Comment

So no S&T ??

Can we please fire BC now , First Amir, now this What is next, Weems at 50 million , 5 year contract

Comment

No reason we can't sign Bosh to whatever contract is gonna be offered by the HEAT, then trade him. IE, just because he may sign for less, doesn't mean we can't still do a S&T.

Comment

BC can sign Bosh for 5 yrs and then trade him. I guess at that point it's a trade off between nothing and maybe Chalmers, Beasley and a TPE.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I told you that Riley is a snake! He looks like Gordon Gekko for a reason!

Comment

How about we sign him. Then just not trade him at all... let him sit on bench. If we go down he should go down...

I JEST JA!

Comment

Rouge wrote: View Post
                              How about we sign him. Then just not trade him at all... let him sit on bench. If we go down he should go down...

I JEST JA!
                              For those who think this is actually possible...

"Under the sign-and-trade rule, the player is re-signed and immediately traded to another team. This is done by adding a clause to the contract which stipulates that the contract is invalid if the player's rights are not traded to the specific team within 48 hours."

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

Comment

If I were BC, I would rather do a S&T, even if it meant taking Beasley back. Just because the Raps took Beasley in a trade, doesn't mean he ever has to play here - he can be traded again or waived. I am sure some teams out there would like Beasley, if for nothing other than his expiring contract.

Personally, I think getting Beasley & Chalmers & Raps 2011 #1 pick & TPE would be a good return, especially if the Raps were able to unload any of Calderon/Turkoglu/Evans/Banks in the process.

Comment

Working...
                                X