Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Bosh Signing With Miami (No Sign-and-Trade?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    I'm trying to stay positive here, but does that potential semi-starting lineup not make people pukes in their mouths a bit?
    If that team doesn't make the playoffs it wouldn't be any worst than last years team not making the playoffs

Comment

Reading on the Stan Van Gundy interview - he's awesome!

SVG: Yeah and Kevin Durant is more in the Kobe Bryant mode. You don’t hear Kobe Bryant and certainly not Kevin Durant talking about their brand. They don’t. I hear that from the other guys. I don’t hear those guys talking about their brand, they’re simply basketball players who want to be great players and win games. Not that those other guys aren’t great players and don’t want to win games. They do, but there’s also more to it. It’s not what I like. Other people, I guess, like it. I’m sure it will be a widely watched show tomorrow. It simply will not have me as an audience.

R. Chris Bosh made his announcement on ESPN. Said he’s joining Wade.

SVG: Well, he’s been following him around for two weeks like his lapdog. So that doesn’t really surprise me.

He's right, Kobe signed an extension as well as Durant without a parade. The league will get that extra motivation to face them every night. If LeBron joins them, they will earn every dollar for the way other teams, including their old teams to go after them with much gusto. The league just got more interesting. The Raps really need to look at OKC as a team. I know they have Durant maybe we will have our DeRozan someday. Who knows?
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

And look, karim, with all due respect, you obviously haven't been reading the posts.

Miami wants to sign Bosh for x amount of dollars for x amount of years. Bosh agrees. Bosh can then take this contract proposal to the Raptors and say, "If you want anything out of this, anything at all, write me up a S&T contract for the same amount of dollars over the same amount of years."

This costs Miami nothing. Nothing.

It's that simple, and I think you need to calm yourself down a little. Or learn more about what you're writing.

Comment

We can argue all we want until we turn blue. One thing is for sure, Bosh's knees will go before he's 30. Miami will be so grateful for not signing that 6th year.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Chris on facebook " the process was bananas but it all stems from a good place - my love of the game." lol good pun... Most comments were either "welcome to miami!" or "f you rupaul"

Comment

I keep seeing people blaming BC for surrounding Bosh with "Euro junk" and that with that supporting cast Bosh was never going to be a winner and would of course eventually leave.Has it not crossed anyones mind that he did it knowing that a euro does not hold the same issues with playing in Canada?,and not because he prefers them?

You play with the cards you are dealt, rightly or wrongly, most NBA players given a choice prefer playing in the USA.

Comment

I think its way better to let bosh go then to take beasly i would of wanted the TE but w/e
                ya dun noe

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                  And look, karim, with all due respect, you obviously haven't been reading the posts.

Miami wants to sign Bosh for x amount of dollars for x amount of years. Bosh agrees. Bosh can then take this contract proposal to the Raptors and say, "If you want anything out of this, anything at all, write me up a S&T contract for the same amount of dollars over the same amount of years."

It's that simple, and I think you need to calm yourself down a little. Or learn more about what you're writing.
                  why would bosh want to hurt his new team by making them give up stuff if he is going to make the same amount of money either way ? if miami doesnt have to give toronto anything that only helps miami and in turn chris bosh ?

do you get it ?

you said it costs miami nothing ? well it does... the trade exceptions that you want toronto to get which to you are soooo valuable is what miami would be losing ? '

that is a cost ? now after reading this who do you think should learn more about what they're writing which you said in your last post ?

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post

losing the trade ecxception is a a cost ? do you agree with that ? when you give up $10 for a book. that book costs you $10 ? right ?

lol

Comment

• karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                      losing the trade ecxception is a a cost ? do you agree with that ? when you give up $10 for a book. that book costs you $10 ? right ?

lol

Miami doesn't have a trade exception to 'give up'. They will create one only if they do a S & T with the Raptors for Bosh.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Actually...

Actually, Karim, a Trade Exception is NOT a cost. Not directly, anyhow. If I send you a player worth $16mil, and you send me a player worth $6mil (which would require you to be under the cap), I would get a $10mil Trade Exception. You would have no say whatsoever in it, it would be automatic because the salaries do not match up (which is why you have to be under the cap).

That being said, it is a cost indirectly in two ways: 1) You need to give me SOMETHING back in return (it could be a pick... I don't know about cash though); 2) It would help improve the other team, which is mainly relevant if they are in the same conference as you (unless you expect to meet them in the finals).

Comment

• LC009 wrote: View Post
                          Actually, Karim, a Trade Exception is NOT a cost. Not directly, anyhow. If I send you a player worth $16mil, and you send me a player worth $6mil (which would require you to be under the cap), I would get a $10mil Trade Exception. You would have no say whatsoever in it, it would be automatic because the salaries do not match up (which is why you have to be under the cap).

That being said, it is a cost indirectly in two ways: 1) You need to give me SOMETHING back in return (it could be a pick... I don't know about cash though); 2) It would help improve the other team, which is mainly relevant if they are in the same conference as you (unless you expect to meet them in the finals).
                          if bosh is making the same amount of money anyway... why would he ask his new team to give toronto a draft pick knowing that his new team is going to need that draft pick in the future to fill out the roster ?

Comment

• Karim. Again, think about what you're arguing before getting so uppity about it.

A team signs a player for 15 million dollars.
                            Total cost: 15 million dollars

A team receives a player, whose salary is 15 million dollars, from another team.
                            Total cost: 15 million dollars.

What Miami gives to Toronto in a S&T is the cap space equivalent to the player's salary they receive. Because Miami is under the cap, they can absorb salary (Bosh). The difference between what's coming in and what's going out is called a Traded Player Exception. This is what Toronto would receive in a S&T. The cost to Miami is the same: Bosh's contract. They don't lose a traded player exception, because TPEs only manifest themselves during a trade. No trade, no TPE to begin with.

Miami doesn't lose a TPE because without a trade they would never have one to lose.

Got it?

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                              Karim. Again, think about what you're arguing before getting so uppity about it.

A team receives a player, whose salary is 15 million dollars, from another team.

What Miami gives to Toronto in a S&T is the cap space equivalent to the player's salary they receive. Because Miami is under the cap, they can absorb salary (Bosh). The difference between what's coming in and what's going out is called a Traded Player Exception. This is what Toronto would receive in a S&T. The cost to Miami is the same: Bosh's contract. They don't lose a traded player exception, because TPEs only manifest themselves during a trade. No trade, no TPE to begin with.

Miami doesn't lose a TPE because without a trade they would never have one to lose.

Got it?
                              wow... ok do you agree that miami would have to GIVE UP something ? whether it be a draft pick or cash ? why would miami want to do that ? why would bosh want his new team to lose a draft pick or w/e ?

do you get it ?

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                                Karim. Again, think about what you're arguing before getting so uppity about it.

Got it?
                                you cant just trade the bosh for nothing and get a tpe out of it ? miami would have to include something ? whether it be a player or a draft pick ? agree ? now if it's all the same to bosh, why would he expect miami to lose assets just so toronto can get a TPE ?

Comment

Working...
                                X