Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Bosh Signing With Miami (No Sign-and-Trade?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL: Bosh Signing With Miami (No Sign-and-Trade?)

Bosh's veiled signal that he will be willing to accept a five-year deal that leaves Toronto without compensation is the equivalent of holding a gun to the head of the Raptors. They can either take on Beasley in a sign-and-trade or accept a draft pick along with a $16 million trade exception which can be used over the year ahead -- an asset that could have enormous value at next year's February trade deadline, when teams are seeking to dump salary. The option that could help Toronto while providing Miami with the least cap space would be to acquire the trade exception and leave the Heat with the burden of Beasley's contract.
    Linky: Sports Illustrated

Watch the announcement via ESPN: http://espn.go.com/

Unless we want Beasley, and I don't think we do, we can simply say no to a sign and trade involving him. Our front court is busy enough as it is, we don't have room for another PF, especially one that doesn't play defense.

This sign and trade, imo, is only a success if we can unload one of Jose or Turk on to the Heat as well. It may actually turn out to be better for the Heat, with a lineup of Wade/Hedo/Bosh out there they don't need to fill in as many gaps. Of course, we should also be getting back our first round pick, and at least one of the Heat's picks.

Comment

Sorry guys, because of firewalls I can't view Sports Illustrated link, but is an announcement really at Noon today?

Comment

According Cavs insider Brian Windhorst, the announcement is happening at 12:30pm today.

@PDcavsinsider Sounds like ESPN is getting another announcement at 12:30. Looks like Wade/Bosh commit to Heat officially then.
        Source - Click here

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
          Sorry guys, because of firewalls I can't view Sports Illustrated link, but is an announcement really at Noon today?
          The article does indeed indicate that Bosh and Wade will make an announcement at noon today, but there's no indication of where that information came from, just that it is "expected".

Comment

I don't see BC giving them the pleasure of taking Beasley. I also don't see BC letting Bosh walk for nothing. If this is true, I think we're getting a huge trade exception. Perhaps, even, the trade proposal involving Calderon and Chalmers, giving us an even bigger TPE.

I would like to say though, barring some crazy deal involving our TPE, I think giving up Calderon is a mistake in this deal. Calderon, despite his faults that have been blown out of proportion here, is definitely a point guard that can win a championship. He's incredibly smart when it comes to playing ball, he hits his shots and does not turn the ball over, and he in general captains the floor with the best of them. Given the right pieces, of course. Getting Calderon to play with Bosh and Wade would be a massive coup for the Heat. I hope he stays. I also think, however, absent elite players around him, he should be our back up PG, proving major stability and leadership to the second unit. That's basically where I stand.

Comment

Other than their swimsuit edition SI is junk.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Getting a trade exception is the equivelent of getting a socks for your birthday.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Getting a trade exception is the equivelent of getting a socks for your birthday.
                  LMAO! That was amazing, and true. I'd rather Beasley and whatever than a trade exception. If I'm promised talent down the line with the TPE I take it. But I can get young talent right now in Beasley.

Comment

so this is it?

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      I'd say it's more like a gift card.
                      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

If CB4 will announce that he will accept 5 years deal without S&T with Raptors and without even speak with Raptors, is just classless. He promised Raptors that he would at least discuss S&T possibility, by his comments it looks like CB4 is trying to create leverage for Pat Riley and screw Raptors over.

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
                          He promised Raptors that he would at least discuss S&T possibility, by his comments it looks like CB4 is trying to create leverage for Pat Riley and screw Raptors over.
                          What comments? All we have to go on are unnamed sources close to the players who are familiar with the situation.
                          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

That's strange...I just tried posting a message making a metaphor for how the mass flooding of new trade proposals in the event we get a huge TPE "gift card" would be akin to the force of the well that's been spewing oil into the gulf like a volcano for the past two and a half months (the total spill is now nearly the equivalent of 20 exxon valdez') and i got temporarily denied access to the forums, and the message was never posted.

Comment

All I know is that twitter whore RuPaul can shove those fucking Belgain waffles he had for breakfast up his candy ass!

Comment

Working...
                              X