Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Bosh Signing With Miami (No Sign-and-Trade?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mess wrote: View Post
    BC can sign Bosh for 5 yrs and then trade him. I guess at that point it's a trade off between nothing and maybe Chalmers, Beasley and a TPE.
    Why would Riley offer ANYTHING?
    Bosh has already committed to Miami, sixth year or not.
    Miami (according to Woj) is shopping Chalmers and Beasley to Portland for Miller and Fernandez.
    They have no reason to give up picks.
    They have no motivation to take on the extra burden of a higher contract.

I can't think of a single rational reason why Riley would do a S&T at this point.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      If I were BC, I would rather do a S&T, even if it meant taking Beasley back. Just because the Raps took Beasley in a trade, doesn't mean he ever has to play here - he can be traded again or waived. I am sure some teams out there would like Beasley, if for nothing other than his expiring contract.

Personally, I think getting Beasley & Chalmers & Raps 2011 #1 pick & TPE would be a good return, especially if the Raps were able to unload any of Calderon/Turkoglu/Evans/Banks in the process.
      You guys are assuming the Raps have any bargaining position. They don't.
      Bosh has already agreed to go to Miami whether he gets the money or not.
      Why would they give ANYTHING up?
      What possible motivation does Riley have to make this happen?

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
        Miami (according to Woj) is shopping Chalmers and Beasley to Portland for Miller and Fernandez.

I can't think of a single rational reason why Riley would do a S&T at this point.
        You're right. If Bosh is willing to take only 5 years, then there is no reason to do a sign and trade for Riley. However if Bosh is a class act (and he was up until he got mixed up with Twitter and FA Bonanza), he will give the Raptors the option of a Sign and Trade. In which case we should get our first round pick back.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
          You're right. If Bosh is willing to take only 5 years, then there is no reason to do a sign and trade for Riley. However if Bosh is a class act (and he was up until he got mixed up with Twitter and FA Bonanza), he will give the Raptors the option of a Sign and Trade. In which case we should get our first round pick back.
          That's a big "if".

If Bosh just announced on national TV that he's going to Miami no matter what... then the person holding all the aces is Riley. Now, I don't know the man personally, but I don't get the idea that Pat Riley is in the habit of being a softie.

Comment

The only s&T even remotely possible is beasely and a TPE...bc the TPE doesn't cost Miami anything...and beasely because Miami would love to get rid of him.

Comment

True, the only motivation is to take back Miami's leftovers. But if another team takes them the Raptors are screwed pretty much. Let's see how much Bosh is willing to leave on the table. I don't care what they say to Wilbon.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
                The only s&T even remotely possible is beasely and a TPE...bc the TPE doesn't cost Miami anything...and beasely because Miami would love to get rid of him.
                Woj on Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Heat are negotiating with the Blazers to swap Chalmers and a pick for Fernandez. Riley isn't likely to give away either Chalmers or Beasley if he can trade them for parts.

Besides, even if Riley WAS willing to give something to the Raps, it would mean taking back the max deal for Bosh and he's got no reason to do that.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                  True, the only motivation is to take back Miami's leftovers. But if another team takes them the Raptors are screwed pretty much. Let's see how much Bosh is willing to leave on the table. I don't care what they say to Wilbon.
                  MAYBE if Toronto were willing to accept Beasley and NOTHING else, Riley would do it... if he had no other takers for Beasley. But if he can move Beasley, there's no reason to give anything to Toronto.

And forget the pick... no way in the world Riley gives up a 1st rounder in exchange for an extra salary load that he isn't obligated to take.

Any way you slice it, it's over.... If you're BC, what POSSIBLE motivation can you offer Riley to give you anything of value?

Comment

Unless some terribly crazy behind the scenes sh*t went down, I can't see why Bosh wouldn't - at the absolute very least - consent to a sign and trade that netted the raptors nothing but a TPE equivalent to whatever contract he's gonna take from Miami. It doesn't effect Miami one lick whether they sign him outright or take him in a trade for nothing but cap space.

At the very least, it would be pure insanity for the Raps to not get at least a TPE.

Comment

Let him walk. We don't need Beasley or Chalmers, draft pick would be nice but not necessary.

Comment

...and the timing of the announcement being just before LeBron's (as suggested by Statement) might be a play to convince Lebron to go to Maimi and all three will take less money or they in fact have made the deal already. The three of them apparently had a conference call yesterday so this might be in the works for the presser LeBron is having...this may have been in the works all along.

Gotta say Bosh suggesting nothing was going on this morning via Tweeter and Wade thanking Miami this morning (insinuating a goodbye) were major prick moves to add to the many before that...can't believe how much respect these clowns have lost in such a short time.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                          Unless some terribly crazy behind the scenes sh*t went down, I can't see why Bosh wouldn't - at the absolute very least - consent to a sign and trade that netted the raptors nothing but a TPE equivalent to whatever contract he's gonna take from Miami. It doesn't effect Miami one lick whether they sign him outright or take him in a trade for nothing but cap space.

At the very least, it would be pure insanity for the Raps to not get at least a TPE.
                          Well, Bosh has already announced publicly that he's going to Miami, max contract or not.... so right there Riley has no reason to deal.

However, let's entertain the TPE: Actually it DOES affect Miami because, although they wouldn't be giving up anything, they WOULD be taking on the extra cost of a max contract for Bosh, when that money could be better spent on a supporting cast. No. Riley has no reason to do that.

Riley has no reason to do anything... and Bosh just made it Riley's decision.

Comment

The other potentiality is that Bosh told the Heat, i'll definitely sign with you, so long as you offer this, this and this to TO. He could get that verbal agreement, then go on TV and say what he pleases. He could have worked something out, is what I'm saying. Of course that's wishful thinking.

Comment

You guys are assuming the Raps have any bargaining position. They don't.
                              Bosh has already agreed to go to Miami whether he gets the money or not.
                              Why would they give ANYTHING up?
                              What possible motivation does Riley have to make this happen?
                              Too create more cap space

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                                Too create more cap space
                                How?
                                If the Heat can move Beasley and Chalmers plus picks to other teams for players, then they have no reason to give Toronto anything.

... and taking on a max contract for Bosh doesn't create more cap space.

If Riley can't pawn him then MAYBE he offers Beasley and a TPE, but that's it. He has no reason to do anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X