Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Bosh Signing With Miami (No Sign-and-Trade?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

geebee wrote: View Post
    Woj on Yahoo Sports is reporting that the Heat are negotiating with the Blazers to swap Chalmers and a pick for Fernandez. Riley isn't likely to give away either Chalmers or Beasley if he can trade them for parts.
    You're probably putting too much faith into yet another media report - we'll just see what happens.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Well, Bosh has already announced publicly that he's going to Miami, max contract or not.... so right there Riley has no reason to deal.
      Well, it might not be up to Riley. Bosh can sign a S&T contract with TO as easily as he can sign one with Miami.

Comment

How?
        If the Heat can move Beasley and Chalmers plus picks to other teams for players, then they have no reason to give Toronto anything.
        Do they want Miller and Rudy or do they want Lebron?

I don't think they'll (Bosh and Wade) sign anything until after they hear Lebron's decision.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
          Do they want Miller and Rudy or do they want Lebron?

I don't think they'll (Bosh and Wade) sign anything until after they hear Lebron's decision.
          That's fair enough, and I agree. They won't do anything until LeBron decides. However, even so, Chalmers is still at least theoretically a marketable commodity. Throw in a draft pick and there's potential. Beasley, admittedly, may be hard to move so the question becomes would the Heat throw out Beasley and a TPE?

For that matter, if they did offer that, would Toronto take it?

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
            Let him walk. We don't need Beasley or Chalmers, draft pick would be nice but not necessary.
            100% agree.

Now that bosh is offically gone lets take the remaining pieces we have and move forward. BC now has to shift his focus and get toronto a real guard.

alabi - c
            barg - PF
            turk - SF
            weems - SG
            ?
            Lets get a solid defenive guard and go out and beat up on whatever team riley puts on the floor.

Comment

Welcome the 15-win Toronto Raptors team - the new "Nets" of the East.. So no S & T from Pat Riley, we are screwed. BC just lost his job, hope we can get Kevin Pritchard before the New Jersey Nets snag him.. If not, a Steve Kerr or Jerry West(although we have to overpay for him to come out of GM retirement). Infact, is there any motivation to support any NBA team with the change after this free agency?. I will be supporting OKC and hope, the Raps get Harrison Barnes or another legit wing in the draft next year hopefully under a "Kevin Pritchard-like" GM that is ready to build around that legit wing so that we can be a winning organisation..

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                No reason we can't sign Bosh to whatever contract is gonna be offered by the HEAT, then trade him. IE, just because he may sign for less, doesn't mean we can't still do a S&T.
                actually we cant... i think you have his status confused with that of a restricted free agent... bosh is completely UNRESTRICTED.

Comment

Now that bosh is offically gone lets take the remaining pieces we have and move forward. BC now has to shift his focus and get toronto a real guard.

alabi - c
                  barg - PF
                  turk - SF
                  weems - SG
                  ?
                  Lets get a solid defenive guard and go out and beat up on whatever team riley puts on the floor.
                  What? You're forgetting about Johnson/Davis. One of those 2 will start at the 4. Also, I believe Derozan - you know, our #9 draft pick...started for us at the 2 spot basically all last season - is still on our team. As are jack and calderon.

I'm not sure you've fully thought this through.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    alabi - c
                    barg - PF
                    turk - SF
                    weems - SG
                    ?
                    I'm trying to stay positive here, but does that potential semi-starting lineup not make people pukes in their mouths a bit?

Comment

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                      actually we cant... i think you have his status confused with that of a restricted free agent... bosh is completely UNRESTRICTED.
                      Actually, we can. As you said, Bosh is "completely UNRESTRICTED."

Bosh can demand, as an unrestricted FA, that we draft a S&T contract for him that equals exactly the contract he agreed upon with Miami.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                        Actually, we can. As you said, Bosh is "completely UNRESTRICTED."

Bosh can demand, as an unrestricted FA, that we draft a S&T contract for him that equals exactly the contract he agreed upon with Miami.
                        Why would he do that?

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          100% agree.

alabi - c
                          barg - PF
                          turk - SF
                          weems - SG
                          ?
                          I sort of agree - we don't need Chalmers or Beasley but draft picks and especially the trade exception could be huge for the Raptors. They can use that trade exception to get that real point guard you're looking for.

Comment

santimo wrote: View Post
                            I sort of agree - we don't need Chalmers or Beasley but draft picks and especially the trade exception could be huge for the Raptors. They can use that trade exception to get that real point guard you're looking for.
                            We're not going to get draft picks. Riley has absolutely no reason to give us draft picks.

If I were Riley, I'd offer the TPE and Beasley and that's it. Toronto could take it or leave it. There's no reason to offer anything else.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                              I'm trying to stay positive here, but does that potential semi-starting lineup not make people pukes in their mouths a bit?
                              I have so much to say.........but it would be like saying "I told you so" to someone after they just got hit by a tsunami

Comment

Why would he do that?
                                Because. It's either that or he leaves Toronto with absolutely nothing, whereby he will be perpetually hated by the team and the city he just called a second home.

Again, it makes absolutely no difference to Miami whether they sign him outright or aquire him through a S&T - so long as the terms of the contract are exactly similar to what Miami was gonna offer anyway. No difference at whatsoever.

The onus would be on Bosh - and only Bosh - to not want to totally screw the franchise that developed him into a max-contract, five-time all-star and that has for years now built around him as the cornerstone of the franchise.

Comment

Working...
                                X