Its Really Tough to Be a Raptors Fan Right Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Really Tough to Be a Raptors Fan Right Now

We keep losing our best players every 4-5 years and management is too inept to build a winner while the croonies owners care more about making a quick buck then winning.

*Sigh*

Hey man, it could be ALOT worse. Think, Memphis, NJ the last few years, Clippers, Sacramento, GSW. At least we have a competent GM who is trying his best. In the last couple years we've seen lots of talent come through, O'Neal, Marion, CB4.

Davis and Demar should break out this year too, stay positive.

Comment

Just wait, this time is it. I'm not sayign we'll win a title, but with Derozen, Bargs and big Ed we're going to compete in the east for the rest of the decade. I'm personaly very excited.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

We have bright future, but no doubt we'll resemble the Nets from last season next year. Like I said the other day, no expectations at all. Just be fun to watch a bunch of young players give their all and experience their development.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
          Just wait, this time is it. I'm not sayign we'll win a title, but with Derozen, Bargs and big Ed we're going to compete in the east for the rest of the decade. I'm personaly very excited.
          With the way things have gone in the past and seem to continue to be going Bargs will be traded and Derozen + Ed will (if they become stars) either leave on their own or demand a trade in 4-7 year.

Comment

Look on the brightside too guys, Harrison Barnes is going to be a stud and would look nice as our starting SF down the road.

Go Tarheels.

Comment

We have a competent GM?
              You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

even with bosh going to the heat, the eastern conference still sucks balls...

the raps sneaking in as an 8th seed in the playoffs isnt so far fetched... not likely, but not impossible..

Comment

When has it been easy though? More tough times than good ones.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    the raps sneaking in as an 8th seed in the playoffs isnt so far fetched... not likely, but not impossible..
                    Seeing how we're clearing rebuilding now, I'd rather have the lotto pick myself. But that's just me.

Comment

Yeah, I think the best result possible is a good lottery pick. A worst case scenario is finishing eighth, getting swept by the Heat in the first round, and then watching the Heat use our draft pick.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                        With the way things have gone in the past and seem to continue to be going Bargs will be traded and Derozen + Ed will (if they become stars) either leave on their own or demand a trade in 4-7 year.
                        Gotta stay positive mate. Else it's gonna be a long couple years.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I seriously want a S&T to go down with Miami
                          i just want our pick back so we can have a high second round pick as well

were in rebuild mode guys, no 8th place
                          plus what is the point of making the playoffs as an 8th seed just to get sweeped?
                          time to buckle down and prepare for a 20 win season

Comment

Who wants to wear paper bags over their heads to games? I think Bargs is going to be better then Bosh, we still have Turk, Jose, and Jack for vets, surrounded by a handful of inspired rookies. Why is this bad? There's been a chris bosh cloud looming over this team for the last couple years, where he was the teams main focus. This is refreshing to me, the fact that this team is going to have a different identity come september. Do we know what it is? No. But I am damn excited to see what transpires.

Comment

Its been tough to be any Toronto fan, for me i follow the leafs and the raptors with a lot of passion...i get fans of montreal making fun of the leafs and i get "fans" of the lakers/any powerhouse team in the NBA laughing at the fact I love the Raptors when they live in Toronto as well (i hate bandwagon jumpers)..but anyways I dont care i just see how we now have a solid core of young players and soon we will be back in the playoffs with something to prove.

Comment

Working...
                              X