This is on Colangelo, Not So Much Bosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is on Colangelo, Not So Much Bosh

Considering BC and the rest of us pretty much knew for well over a year that there was a very good chance Bosh was gonna bolt to play with Wade or James once he became a free agent. Bosh said all along he was going to test the waters come July 1, so it's BC's fault he didn't deal him and is losing him for nothing.

I still like the youth movement direction we're taking, but it would have been much better had we at least gotten a few draft picks, the Knicks in particular, in any deal if not Beasely.

I say it's 90% BC, 10% CB4's fault we're getting nothing back.

What say you?

I say it's no one's fault.

BC knew that Bosh was going to test the waters, so therefore he should have traded him? If Otis Smith knew that Dwight Howard was going to test the waters in his free agency, should he trade him too? Or should he try his best to build a contender around him?

Chris Bosh was the face of the franchise for a couple of years. Trading away a player that sells you tickets is not how you run a business.

Comment

How can be this BC fault? CB4 decided to leave Raptors and BC couldn't do anything as CB4 is a free agent. He could not trade CB4 before All-Star Game break for any good package, as nobody would put their stock into soon to be free agent. It was all in CB4 hands and he just decided to leave Raptors without S&T.

Comment

Perhaps some of you guys have more knowledge of how sign and trades work, but how come there has been no talk of bringing a third team into a sign and trade scenario so the Heat get Bosh, the other team gets Beasley and Jose or whatever and we get what we want from that other team. Why does it have to be a sign and trade that just involves the Heat and Raptors?

Comment

It looks like everyone has forgotten about the previous scapegoat = Turkoglu

Only in rare cases is it ever one guy's fault for the failure of a whole franchise.
          Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

rev20002 wrote: View Post
            Perhaps some of you guys have more knowledge of how sign and trades work, but how come there has been no talk of bringing a third team into a sign and trade scenario so the Heat get Bosh, the other team gets Beasley and Jose or whatever and we get what we want from that other team. Why does it have to be a sign and trade that just involves the Heat and Raptors?
            It doesn't have to be just the Heat and the Raptors. However the third team involved would likely just be sending off players to the Raptors to gain some cap space. If that's the case, we can just sign and trade with Miami and then use the Traded Player Exception we gain to trade with the third team later on.

Comment

It's 0% Bosh's fault for not getting anything back. Bosh is not responsible for Toronto Raptors operations.
              Last edited by Apollo; Wed Jul 7, 2010, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Come on guys..

This is a powerplay. You do not reverse course after demanding max. money for this amount of time. CB expects it still. This is still a game of chicken. The assets we receive for Bosh are not lost. It is still a bluff.

And guess what. I hope BC calls him on it. I hope it teaches a lesson to CB and any other players who have these thoughts. TO loses assets - yeah. CB loses - yeah. Heat lose also. Good luck, after having "promised" a pre-madonna $30 mln (..that TO would cave) and he gets f*cked....he will surely enjoy his time - and will not be a headache at all for this.

I look forward to seeing BC's poker game.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  It's 0% Bosh's fault for not getting anything back. Bosh is responsible for Toronto Raptors operations.
                  yeah, its 100% on BC and the rest of management

Comment

Yeah, let Colangelo trade Bosh in the thick of a playoff race. You're such an awesome basketball mind.

You'd be fired before you even had the chance to make that move.

Comment

You can't see his point?

Realist wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, let Colangelo trade Bosh in the thick of a playoff race. You're such an awesome basketball mind.
                      Oh great basketball mind please tell us what's more important, a first round elimination and losing a star player for nothing or potentially missing the playoffs and getting something of value in return?

Comment

RBB wrote: View Post
                        This is a powerplay. You do not reverse course after demanding max. money for this amount of time. CB expects it still. This is still a game of chicken. The assets we receive for Bosh are not lost. It is still a bluff.

And guess what. I hope BC calls him on it. I hope it teaches a lesson to CB and any other players who have these thoughts. TO loses assets - yeah. CB loses - yeah. Heat lose also. Good luck, after having "promised" a pre-madonna $30 mln (..that TO would cave) and he gets f*cked....he will surely enjoy his time - and will not be a headache at all for this.

I look forward to seeing BC's poker game.
                        Agree this is not over... there is no indication walk away or S&T... let's see what drops tomorrow. If LBJ isn't coming to MIA... I highly doubt Bosh leaves that extra yr & $$$ on the table.

Comment

It was very apparent last year towards the end it was all going down the tube. BC had his chance to accept one of the many offers that were floating around. We are once again getting the short end of the stick, actually, no stick at all.

Comment

It is 100% Brian's fault, by trading away O'Neal to Miami we actually helped them steal Bosh from us as well as our pick, BC got screwed by Riley.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Oh great basketball mind please tell us what's more important, a first round elimination and losing a star player for nothing or potentially missing the playoffs and getting something of value in return?
                              Hindsight makes everything SO easy!

Comment

Working...
                              X