Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: NBA.com: Bosh is the New Vince

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default NBA.com: Bosh is the New Vince

    Chris Bosh will take over for you as the greatest villain in Toronto.

    For years, Carter has had to endure the venom of Toronto Raptors fans for stealing his way out of town without delivering the goods for the local fans. They made it a point to boo him and make sure he never escaped their wrath after he bolted for the states.

    Now that Bosh has decided to join Dwyane Wade in Miami, he will assume Carterís place atop the hate-list for Raptors fans. In fact, heís already moved into the top spot if you sample the darts being thrown his way today. The only target taking on more fire than Bosh is the organization, mainly for allowing yet another franchise player to leave town, per some.

    Honestly, the Raptors didnít have many options.

    Once it became clear that Bosh was anxious to vacate the premises, basically all they could do was wait and see where he decided to go. The guy we really feel for here at the hideout is recent Raptors lottery pick Ed Davis, who now assumes the mantle of the next great franchise player (in training).

    And you better believe the countdown to his exit is already on the minds of many of our friends north of the border.
    Linky: NBA.com

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What a knob! What kind of research and interviewing went into that article in all of three hours! And who in Toronto has declared Ed Davis our new franchise player???

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    221
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Meh. VC deliberately tanked games. It's hard to top that.

    Yeah, Bosh is being selfish and insincere, but he's a free agent and everything he's doing is well within the rules. To treat him the same way as VC would be an overreaction.

    Not to say that Toronto fans don't overreact, but I think most would prefer to just get on with things and see what the youth movement on the team is capable of. Why flatter Bosh with more attention? It's what he craves, after all.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,263
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think the writer of this article is taking some sort of smugged glee in all of this.


  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wince tanked games in a rebuilding year and demanded a trade because the team was garbage. What he did was unforgivable as far as I'm concerned, well maybe when he dies I will forgive him.

    Bosh seemingly gave up after the all star break, milked an injury and then used the Jamison elbow to disappear forever in the middle of a playoff race.

    I think they are both in the same ballpark, I don't know why raptor fans aren't more upset with his actions on and off the court. The guy treated the organization, his teammates and the fans with an utter lack of respect and acted as if the last 7 years were simply preamble for his trip down south.

  6. #6
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Vince Carter demanded a trade and tanked games until he got his way. Chris Bosh honored his contract and left via free agency after meeting his contractual agreements in a strictly professional manner. While he didn't handle his free agency professionally, he wasn't a Raptor anymore. I don't think Bosh is worth booing. He never achieved anything here and had he stayed it probably would not have changed. By signing on with Wade he is signaling that he realizes the blatantly obvious as well, he's not a Champion level leader. If Raptors fans boo him it will be ridiculous. They aren't harming Bosh but they will certainly be harming their league perception.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    and then used the Jamison elbow to disappear forever in the middle of a playoff race.
    Is this the new conspiracy theory? That he faked the severity Jamison elbow so he's have more of a reason to bail on TO?

    That's pretty ridiculous.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    nba.com just doesnt get it

    bosh in nowhere near VC's stratosphere... both in what he accomplished for the franchise, or the disdain he'll get from the fans..

  9. #9
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree, Bosh may hold more individual records but Carter accomplished more for the team and was a more dominate force on the court. Carter could take over a game at will, Bosh can't do that unless his quarterback is on his game.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I agree, Bosh may hold more individual records but Carter accomplished more for the team and was a more dominate force on the court. Carter could take over a game at will, Bosh can't do that unless his quarterback is on his game.
    Come on, how many power forwards have ever been able to do that?

    Compared to how many 1s, 2s and 3s?

    Carter had consistenly better pieces and a deeper team.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Who cares? I would say this is more of a compliment to the intensity and passion us Raps/Canadian fans have. Its apparent that Bosh nor VC couldn't handle the pressure in the great white north. This is becoming a staple for the raps franchise, and is it bad? I wouldnt' say so, the rooks we have right now get whats goin down and know how to appeal.

  12. #12
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Copywryter wrote: View Post
    Come on, how many power forwards have ever been able to do that?

    Compared to how many 1s, 2s and 3s?
    And this helps your argument how?

    Quote Copywryter wrote: View Post
    Carter had consistenly better pieces and a deeper team.
    Maybe but Colangelo put together a couple squads that had enough talent to make it out of round one. Bosh tended to regress when the pressure was on, Carter tended to elevate when the pressure was on.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    574
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mess wrote: View Post
    Is this the new conspiracy theory? That he faked the severity Jamison elbow so he's have more of a reason to bail on TO?

    That's pretty ridiculous.
    Roy came back from arthroscopic surgery after a week to play in round 1, Paul came back and played long after the Hornets had been eliminated from the playoffs, Kobe could get hit with a truck and play later that night. Bosh got his face smashed and abandoned the team.

    As the supposed leader and 'emotional center' isn't that fairly cowardly?

    What was the severity of the injury, did anyone find out? Could he have played with a mask, could he have played if the raptors made the playoffs. None of these questions were really asked or answered.

    I'm not saying he should have saddled up and played the next night, but he handled that as poorly as anyone could have imagined and clearly put his own self interests ahead of the team he was still playing for.

    Champion level leader? I wouldn't let him lead a troop of boy scouts for fear of him getting some poison ivy and helicoptering out of the woods.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Aurora, ont
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    wow enough with this villian stuff its a player who left his team because the nba is a business rather then a league.....if theyre were to be a blame on anybody its BC by not reacting on thing sooner when our return-potental was at its highest

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Rookie BoxMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sekou had to put something out there on the bosh situation

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter Mess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Posts
    648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post

    What was the severity of the injury, did anyone find out? Could he have played with a mask, could he have played if the raptors made the playoffs. None of these questions were really asked or answered.
    That's true. He did basically go into hiding.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Vince Carter demanded a trade and tanked games until he got his way. Chris Bosh honored his contract and left via free agency after meeting his contractual agreements in a strictly professional manner. While he didn't handle his free agency professionally, he wasn't a Raptor anymore. I don't think Bosh is worth booing. He never achieved anything here and had he stayed it probably would not have changed. By signing on with Wade he is signaling that he realizes the blatantly obvious as well, he's not a Champion level leader. If Raptors fans boo him it will be ridiculous. They aren't harming Bosh but they will certainly be harming their league perception.
    +100

    Bosh is closer to McGrady anyway.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Guelph,ON
    Posts
    463
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    wow i do dislike bosh now but not nearly as much as Vince. Plus Ed davis looks like the hard working type not the one who would bolt T.O for a few hoes and some money like bosh did. I will laugh so hard if Miami suck next year that would be a mouth full of karma for bosh. even more jokes would be if Toronto finished above Miami in the rankings

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    Roy came back from arthroscopic surgery after a week to play in round 1, Paul came back and played long after the Hornets had been eliminated from the playoffs, Kobe could get hit with a truck and play later that night. Bosh got his face smashed and abandoned the team.

    As the supposed leader and 'emotional center' isn't that fairly cowardly?

    What was the severity of the injury, did anyone find out? Could he have played with a mask, could he have played if the raptors made the playoffs. None of these questions were really asked or answered.
    Wow, this is the biggest bunch of revisionist history I've read in a while.

    I don't care about Kobe getting hit since it obviously wasn't the same injury. Actually, none of the "injuries" you mentioned are the same, and neither were their situations.

    Paul was out for almost 2 months, way after the Hornets's playoff chances had faded. If you were a Paul hater, you could just as easily turn your argument around to say Paul is not a leader. If he was, he would have come back before all that was left were meaningless games. Remember: almost two months.

    Roy was out for 12 days and came back in game 4 of round 1. Under your reasoning, he should have come back earlier, before the Blazers went 1-2 without him. He should have played better too after coming back.

    It's funny because you rag on Bosh by saying Roy came back for the playoffs, yet we didn't exactly make the playoffs so there is no comparison. Fact is, we lost every single game in the 6 days after he got injured. We even lost the one he was injured in. He would have had to come back after 5 days (in the game against Chicago) for it to have mattered. It's silly that we can't even afford him 6-9 days of injury time for a broken face and nose without coming up with conspiracy theories. Shame on you.

    Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    I'm not saying he should have saddled up and played the next night, but he handled that as poorly as anyone could have imagined and clearly put his own self interests ahead of the team he was still playing for.
    Glad you don't even know the severity of his injury yourself, but you apparently know enough to conclude him sitting out was purely in his self-interest and not the team's, as if the doctors cleared him to play and he refused. Bravo.
    Last edited by Quixotic; Wed Jul 7th, 2010 at 09:40 PM.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kigali, Rwanda
    Posts
    1,687
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I once waited in line for 3 hours to get Vince's autograph, and argued in my high school cafeteria that he was the most valuable player in the nba (maybe not the most talented but drew the biggest crowds thus most money thus most valuable) then we lost to the sixers and he was no longer half man half amazing, I kept his poster on my wall for the next year... after that i officially stopped being a raptors fan ( i didn't watch another game for 2 years) i took that poster off my wall ripped it up and set it on fire. If i had a signed poster of bosh, I'd keep it. Maybe even get it framed. CHRIS BOSH IS NO VINCE CARTER.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •