"Progress" with S&T; Will Be for Picks, Cash and TPE, Not Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TM Williamson wrote: View Post
    The pick is protected, if I'm not mistaken. But yeah, we would eventually lose it, and that would be rough.
    It's protected through 2014, so unless we have a lottery pick in 2015, it's not as big a deal as it seems. Or if we make the playoffs in any of the 2011-2014 years, then we lose a #15 through #30 pick.

Comment

Forge wrote: View Post
      If BC does not take Beasley, Miami and Cleveland could S&T Lebron for Beasley and Chalmers.
      It's unlikely Cleveland will agree to a S&T for a player they're trying to pressure into staying. Possible, but unlikely.

Comment

Doing a S & T for Bosh is one thing, but doing a S & T for Lebron would get you blacklisted in the state of Ohio. Even if he's leaving anyway, you'd be giving the knife a twist in their collective backs.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
          Doing a S & T for Bosh is one thing, but doing a S & T for Lebron would get you blacklisted in the state of Ohio. Even if he's leaving anyway, you'd be giving the knife a twist in their collective backs.
          Yup, that's exactly what I was thinking. S&T for Bosh who may or may not be overpaid on a max contract is fine, but there's no way any team with one of the top 3 players in the league should contemplate the possibility of a S&T. Right now, Cleveland has only 2 things going for them: 1) 6-year deal and 2) home state advantage (?).

Of course, if Miami really, really wanted to get rid of Beasley, I'm sure there's a point at which $3 mil cash + a slew of first round picks would convince someone to clear the remaining space so they have more bargaining power with LBJ, but hopefully that's somewhere between 3 first rounders and first rounders for the next two decades (every other year, of course).

If we can do the S&T for just the two first-rounders (and of course, the TPE credit), that's fine with me.

Comment

For Cleveland, a new coach and a 60 win roster? Still flimsy though.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
            X