Trade Exception For Jefferson And Brewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Exception For Jefferson And Brewer

Have an idea for the trade exemption, if the Raptors indeed do a sign and trade for Bosh, I love them to turn that into...

Al Jefferson and Cory Brewer.

Why?

Jefferson is obviously a hate him or love him player. some don;t want him but I love him. He's a great low post scorer, has a ton of moves in the post, is a decent rebounder and is only 25 (turns 26 in Jan). He has some warts sure, is his knee 100%. But I believe a being a year and a half out from knee surgery he's worth the risk.

Secondly I'd love to have Brewer. I think he's an underrated player who can play d, has a developing 3 point shot and is very athletic. Plus he's still young (only 24), worth a shot in my opinion. You pair him on the wings with sonny, demar, and I think the perimeter defense is much better.

The upside of these moves is obviously Minnesota is in move mode. they want to get rid of Al, and now after another terrible draft from kahn they have a glut at the wing positions.

So you could probably do a trade like...

Al jefferson, Cory Brewer

for

trade exemption, maybe Marco or and a future 2nd round pick

or some similar trade. Personal I'd hop on this. Jefferson and bargs would be a good inside outside tandem and the young bigs of the bench could fill in with great defensive energy...and adding brewer to the young guns would be great.

I know its basically trading bosh's 16 for 14 million between brewer and jefferson, but I think this is the type of move you try with the exemption...if not somehting like this, young talent in, then you might as well do a wholesale rebuild.

So what do you think?

Al Jefferson does not play defense any better than Bosh. From a talent perspective sure, it sort of alleviates the pain. But unless you want to be one of the bottom teams in league defense AGAIN, I say no.

Comment

I don't like it because the main piece we get back is a big. With Ed Davis, Amir, and Alabi all needing minutes and Bargs eating up floor time, not to say anything of Reggie Evans, I don't know where big Al fits in. I know he's better than most of our guys now, but I don't see him as a piece that we are going to build into our core going forward. I'd much rather use this trade exemption to get a good point guard or a really high quality three from a team who is cap trouble, like the Jazz (Kirelenko) or the Hornets (Paul or Collison plus a bad contract).
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

"The problem the Raptors face is in being outbid. As a result of these unique times, more teams than ever before possess hefty trade exceptions. Phoenix has a $16 million TPE from sending Amare Stoudemire to New York, Utah has one from sign and trading Carlos Boozer to the Chicago Bulls and the Dallas Mavericks have something just as good, Erick Dampier’s $13 million contract, which can be traded but waived immediately"

Comment

Working...
        X