4. Luke Harangody, Celtics
    Summer-league stats: 16.6 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 1.6 apg

5. Derrick Caracter, Lakers
    Summer-league stats: 15.4 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.4 bpg

6. Landry Fields, Knicks
    Summer-league stats: 15.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.6 spg

7. Ed Davis, Raptors
    Summer-league stats: 12.6 ppg, 6 rpg, 1.8 bpg

Davis seemed to get better all week, which was not surprising considering he had not played since a midseason injury. He has a great feel around the basket, which we already knew, but he also showed a somewhat surprising ability to be a solid rim protector. Plus, Davis displayed a very nice pick-and-pop jumper, which will help him earn minutes in November.
    8. Larry Sanders, Bucks
    Summer-league stats: 14 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 3.2 bpg

9. Lance Stephenson, Pacers
    Summer-league stats: 14.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 1.5 apg

10. Dominique Jones, Mavericks
    Summer-league stats: 16.6 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.4 apg

Rounding it out:

Favors, Monroe, Lawal, Hayward, Rolle, Pattterson, Ebanks, Crawford, Pondexter, Turner

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Damion James #2. Geez how did he do that? He must have played pretty good. Good for him.

It will be interesting to see how his career and Davis's career develop. I think Davis has a greater upside but for now James four years at Texas put him ahead.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

That's really solid to see him ranked as high as that. I'm not a fan of summer league personally but that does say he's at least capable of making it to the all star weekend if that means anything whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like

Derrick Caracter is a very talented player. If he can fight his demons he can be a very good NBA player.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

How big a dark horse is Davis to make the all rookie team?

I think you put Wall and Turner there for sure, maybe Wes Johnson, Blake Griffin too and then the last PF/C spot probably goes to Cousins, but you never know. If it wasn't for Griffin, I think Davis would have a legit outside shot, now he's just a long listed dark horse.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Ed will get as many minutes as he can handle. That's probably 20-25/game. Not sure that's enough to make the team. Blake Griffin is his competition. Blake is a favorite to win rookie of the year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think Ed will get as many minutes as he can handle. That's probably 20-25/game. Not sure that's enough to make the team. Blake Griffin is his competition. Blake is a favorite to win rookie of the year.
    even over john wall and d. cousins ?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

This year's ROY would be an interesting race indeed, with so many possible candidates.

All I know about Ed is that he needs to get stronger. All other instincts are there and doesn't have to be taught. But I do hope he and DD get voted into the Rookie-Sophomore game, as representatives of "The Future."

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

6. Landry Fields, Knicks

2 out of these three will not be very good. Luke and Fields don't have the athletic ability to even be solid contributors on a regular occasion. Lukes upside is Scalbrine LOL. Landry Fields upside would be jarvis hayes. Ed davis will be better then these three

Post Thanks / Like

Quote vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
    even over john wall and d. cousins ?
    Yes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Frankthetank wrote: View Post

6. Landry Fields, Knicks

2 out of these three will not be very good. Luke and Fields don't have the athletic ability to even be solid contributors on a regular occasion. Lukes upside is Scalbrine LOL. Landry Fields upside would be jarvis hayes. Ed davis will be better then these three
    Mr. Career Double Double has started only 40% of his games since coming into the league and is about athletic as Bill Laimbeer was yet he is averaging a career double double. You don't have to be athletic to succeed as a big in the NBA if you have talent, a high basketball IQ and work hard on and off the court.

Harangody has the potential to become a very good NBA player. All he needs is experience.

Davis is project who must get heavier and stronger. He must also develop more skills including improved footwork on defense and the use of his right hand at least to some degree.
    Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Jul 23rd, 2010 at 08:45 PM.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ed Davis is Known for his D!

"[Davis] also showed a somewhat surprising ability to be a solid rim protector." Ed Davis was known for being a better defender than offensive player in college. Way to do your homework David Thorpe!

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    The Top Ten were:

1. John Wall, Wizards
    Summer-league stats: 23.5 ppg, 7.8 apg, 4 rpg

2. Damion James, Nets
    Summer-league stats: 18.8 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 1 apg

3. DeMarcus Cousins, Kings
    Summer-league stats: 14.5 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.2 bpg

6. Landry Fields, Knicks

7. Ed Davis, Raptors
    Summer-league stats: 12.6 ppg, 6 rpg, 1.8 bpg

8. Larry Sanders, Bucks
    Summer-league stats: 14 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 3.2 bpg

9. Lance Stephenson, Pacers
    Summer-league stats: 14.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 1.5 apg

10. Dominique Jones, Mavericks
    Summer-league stats: 16.6 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.4 apg

Rounding it out:

Favors, Monroe, Lawal, Hayward, Rolle, Pattterson, Ebanks, Crawford, Pondexter, Turner

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think ed davis is a big variable in the future success of the raptors if he can develop into an allstar then the raptors look very good with 2 potential allstars davis and derozan which surely makes them a contender but him he sucks then the raptors have to start all over again I hope this season will be an indication of his potential

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

only 2 players on that list got my attention when i watched them play, john wall and ed davis. Wall had some serious speed but his shot is trouble and ed can get up to block those shots. wish i had seen WAS play TOR to see how ed handled wall getting to the rim as fast as he does.

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hope that Davis lives up to all the Raptors fans hype of hope and change otherwise there will be a lot of disappointed fans in

http://www.google.com/maps?q=mississ...=0CCsQ8wEoBDAA

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Caracter was a fouling machine. Agree he was top 10 but maybe a bit high. Cousins struggled against the only team with talented and experienced bigs (Tdot) to me that should be a small re-flag (though his numbers were nice). Sanders, Davis, Wall looked like potential studs, all things considered.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Landry Fields will be a solid NBA player ala Rick Fox as he is fundamentally sound. 2 sleepers from Vegas that TO should look at for camp invites are SFs Charles Garcia(Seattle U- a versatile, athletic) & Micah Downs(Gonzaga- an athletic freak).

Davis is one of the top 5 players from this past NBA draft in my mind but the Rap's currently have Amir & Bargnani at PF although Bargnani can play center BC wants to move him back to his natural PF position. If TO acquires a real NBA center this off season that will push Davis down the depth chart even further.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    although Bargnani can play center BC wants to move him back to his natural PF position.
    Bargnani is no longer a 4. Get that through your head. He's a stretch 5 with pretty good quickness at the center spot and who has shown solid potential when guarding power based 5s.

He's way too big, slow, and unathletic to match up against your typical 4. He also doesn't have the post game to punish smaller players. If he lost 25lbs and learned how to jump more than 5 inches, he might have the athletic package to defend most PFs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brasky wrote: View Post
    Bargnani is no longer a 4. Get that through your head. He's a stretch 5 with pretty good quickness at the center spot and who has shown solid potential when guarding power based 5s.

He's way too big, slow, and unathletic to match up against your typical 4. He also doesn't have the post game to punish smaller players. If he lost 25lbs and learned how to jump more than 5 inches, he might have the athletic package to defend most PFs.
    Bargnani is a 7ft stretch 4- think he's a NBA center, well that's on you because if you ask CBosh if Bargnani is a certified NBA center you'll most likely get a different response. Fyi- BC is the one trying to acquire a center as to move Bargnani back to- as per BC "his natural PF position"- get that through your head or not.

You don't have to try to tell me about Bargnani's game as I have watched him ever since he came into the NBA and I am very familiar with his game's positives & negatives.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Bargnani is a 7ft stretch 4- think he's a NBA center, well that's on you because if you ask CBosh if Bargnani is a certified NBA center you'll most likely get a different response. Fyi- BC is the one trying to acquire a center as to move Bargnani back to- as per BC "his natural PF position"- get that through your head or not.

You don't have to try to tell me about Bargnani's game as I have watched him ever since he came into the NBA and I am very familiar with his game's positives & negatives.
    Please, give me a breakdown of why Bargnani at this stage in his career is a natural 4.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information