Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIGNING: Kleiza To Raptors (Update: Pg. 23/Post #183)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mess wrote: View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5363686

Anybody want to change their minds?

Or is it still a bad signing, relative to that one or not?
    Well looks like everyone spoke way too soon. LOL I like how people criticize GMs for not trading for this guy, or not signing that guy but in reality we really don't know the whole story. Maybe BC wanted to go after Outlaw but Outlaw's agent told him about the $35 mil deal and so he backed off. Or maybe he told him that Outlaw didn't want to play in T.O. We don't know what conversations go on between BC and other GMs or BC and player agents so can we just relax when it comes to these things. If you want to criticize the draft that's fine but signing or trading players is a different story.

P.S. How does the Amir signing look now?

Comment

Your stupid raptor4ever. This guy is a good athlete and their was a reason denver struggled last year without him. Good signing

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
        Now, this is what you call a deal Not the 35 that we paid.

Someone plz fire BC before he burns this team to ground.
        What are you talking about? We didn't pay 35.. If your name is Raptor4Ever then why the hell are you so rank on BC? This guy has devoted his tenure to try and attain the services of the best player we had. Who are you suggesting we get instead?

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Outlaw is terrible. This is a worse signing by the Knicks than Thomas used to do.

You have to double Outlaw's WS/48 to equal Johnsons.

Outlaw----- .062----Career .078
          Johnson----.150-----Career .159

Offense and Defense Rating. The difference is also pronounced significantly in Johnson's favor.

Outlaw Career---- Net Minus 4
          Johnson Career----Net Plus 16

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...johnsam01.html
          This is simply NOT true. You are getting their numbers and moving them to 48 minutes and ...

Your Boy, can not even play 48 minutes, hell, he can not even stay in the floor for 20. Outlaw on the other hand has all the offensive game and defensive games and has performed on the play off levels.

Amir's best performance was in handful of games in a garbage team of Raptors, in a garbage and meaningless games while outlaw played well in Play offs and in a good team against great opponents.

You can massage some statistics and get what you want out of it and use it as advertisement for your Boy but the fact is, Outlaw has over played Amir constantly in during the past few years.

Anyway, who cares, BC is being exposed for being a Dumb ASS GM that he is and Amir will get exposed this season when he actually has to play real basketball and NOT just jump up and down and commit fouls.
          Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Thu Jul 8, 2010, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
            There just aren't a lot of 7 feet CENTERS, who rebound and anchor the D out there.
            That's why they are usually overpriced, unless you develop a rookie through your system. Problem is that we need one, and waiting for Alabi to develop to such commodity (hopefully) in 3 years is too far stretched.

Of course, if we all have the same agenda to complete for #1 lottery next year we do not really need a Center. We do not really need Kleiza either... I'm just not convinced BC will sign on this agenda at this point. Not publicly.

Comment

Now, this is what you call a deal Not the 35 that we paid.

Someone plz fire BC before he burns this team to ground.
              Really? Outlaw's a decent player, but considering in 7 seasons he's only played a a full schedule twice while being injured throughout his career, that's a pretty big risk by the Nets. But its slim pickens right now, so guess it isn't a terrible offer if Outlaw can remain healthy.

Still prefer Linas though.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                What are you talking about? We didn't pay 35.. If your name is Raptor4Ever then why the hell are you so rank on BC? This guy has devoted his tenure to try and attain the services of the best player we had. Who are you suggesting we get instead?
                BC took over a team with CAP room, first over all pick and a young super star in making.
                Where are we after all those years ? NO WHERE.

BC has failed miserably and has been exposed as a deal junkie who does not understand team chemistry or team building.

Look at his signings this season, you don't know if he wants to rebuild and develop young players or he wants to compete.

He tried to trade Jose and Hedo and failed big time because he over paid them and ...

A Total failure as a GM. Time to Fire him ASAP.

Comment

Couple things, someone said S.Weems is a proved player in this league, averaging 7.5 P.P.G after being 2 years in this league, makes you a proven player?
                  What am i missing here.

Giving Solomon Alabi a long contract before even stepping out on the court, is plain stupidity, they said the same thing about Roko Ukic, when the Raptors drafted him back in 2005, he's the steal of the draft.

Let him prove himself before even considering giving him a long term deal.

I like the Kleiza signing, all thou i think BC is on his way out, and doesn't have too many options left to him.

Another long year for Raptors fans, or should i say 3-4 years.

Comment

rev20002 wrote: View Post
                    I disagree. It has been proven that the European model does not work. Call it racism or whatever you want, but it is reality. I bet at this point these are the only players the Raptors can sign. Just a horrible team.
                    Wow, 9 pages, so I apologize if someone already responded to this.

It's not racism; it's just plain ignorance.

Sure, he was born outside of the US, but Kleiza played high school ball in AMERICA and college ball in AMERICA. What about that screams European model to you, aside from where he was born or his skin color?

That said, he's a tough player who could be a lot better rebounder than he has shown so far. His rebounding totals worsened after he expanded his perimeter game; he was a rebounding beast his first NCAA year. He's also, unfortunately, a poor defender due to his lack of lateral quickness. This leads him to play off his man to prevent drives, preferring to give up the open look instead, which doesn't sound great for a team that already needs help with both.

That said, I'm okay with the signing if we can improve defense in other areas. I have no problem with how early we're going after him; BC has had a week now to gauge the interest of FAs in coming to Toronto. If Kleiza is the best player available who actually is willing to sign with Toronto, then the earlier the better. We tend to forget that free agency, much like trades, involves two parties (and in the case of RFAs, three). Just because we want a certain player doesn't mean he wants us.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                      Really? Outlaw's a decent player, but considering in 7 seasons he's only played a a full schedule twice while being injured throughout his career, that's a pretty big risk by the Nets. But its slim pickens right now, so guess it isn't a terrible offer if Outlaw can remain healthy.

Still prefer Linas though.
                      I didn't know a lot about Bo Outlaw so when people started suggesting (insisting actually) that they'd rather have him than Kleiza, I looked him up.... and I have to ask: IS THIS RIGHT?

His ESPN profile says he was born in 1971. HE'S 39 YEARS OLD? The Nets have signed him until he's almost 45? SERIOUSLY? Why would we want that?

Comment

Charles Outlaw.

Bo retired some years ago now.
                        You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

BC took over a team with CAP room, first over all pick and a young super star in making.
                          Where are we after all those years ? NO WHERE.

BC has failed miserably and has been exposed as a deal junkie who does not understand team chemistry or team building.

Look at his signings this season, you don't know if he wants to rebuild and develop young players or he wants to compete.

He tried to trade Jose and Hedo and failed big time because he over paid them and ...

A Total failure as a GM. Time to Fire him ASAP.
                          I don't know man, look at last season. They were poised to be a top 5 team in the east, however their young star in the making went down, and seemed to completely lose interest altogether, it was truly a shitty deal. And to see how Bosh treated the Raps during this free agency reveals his true character. I think Bosh screwed the franchise over more then anything else. BC tried everything to please this allstar, yet it wasn't enough. You gotta give BC a clean slate as these are different times, with a different vision.

Comment

They signed Travis Outlaw, who the fuck is Charles Outlaw? lol

Comment

Dinger wrote: View Post
                              Bo's real name is Charles.

Sorry about that. I did a search on ESPN for the name "Outlaw" and Bo came up. Thus my confusion.
                              Sorry again.

Comment

Dinger wrote: View Post

Whoops, mental hiccup.

Actually Charles is "Bo" Outlaw. I need caffeine.
                                You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X