It's Been Worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Been Worse

You don't need to look back very far to see much bleaker times. Here for example is what the roster looked like around five years ago:

2005/06 Raptors Roster
    Jalen Rose - 2 years, $32.6M
    Alvin Williams(Inactive) - 3 years, $19.5M
    Alonzo Mourning(Buy out) - 2 years, $13.1M
    Lamond Murray - 1 year, $5.3M
    Mo Pete - 2 year, $9.4M
    Eric Williams - 2 years, $8.2M
    Mike James - 1 year, $3.9M
    Aaron Williams - 1 year, $3.4M
    Chris Bosh - 2 years, $7.6M
    Rafael Araujo - 2 years, $4.6M
    Jose Calderon - 1 year, $2.1M
    Matt Bonner - 2 years, $4M
    Charlie Villanueva - 2 years, $4.1M
    Joey Graham - 2 years, $2.8M
    Loren Woods - 1 year, 0.8M
    Pape Sow - 1 year, 0.6M
    Darrick Martin - ???(Very small, insignificant amount anyway)
    Rough Total: $61M
    "HoopsHype.com Toronto Raptors Salaries", Internet Archive Way Back Machine

A year after the 2005/06 season they were back in the playoffs. The Raptors are in a much better position than this now and may get a bunch of draft picks and a huge TPE. Hang in there, the upcoming season may be frustrating at times but the future still looks bright overall.
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jul 8, 2010, 11:28 AM.

I agree. I think it's fine to be frustrated by the whole process for a little while, but when the smoke clears I think it won't be the complete disaster some people are expecting.

Between yesterday's announcement and tonight's upcoming one, we're in the eye of the storm right now.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Calderon has either got to come off the bench or we gotta get rid of him. He's a big reason why the Bosh is leaving the Raps. Other then dumping it down to CB down low, I've rarely seen this guy throw an oop, or create anything for that matter. He dishes out gatorades at half time, and he seems like a great guy, but this guy is a brutal pg. If he came off the bench to provide some scoring, that would be a different story. But remember when he was a free agent, he told the Raps if he wasn't starting he was leaving... Thanks for the stranglehold Jose, you've really backed up your words...

Comment

No oops? Did you even watch last season?

And 2 years before that, who threw Jamario Moon all those oops?
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
          No oops? Did you even watch last season?

And 2 years before that, who threw Jamario Moon all those oops?
          Hannah Montana could throw oops to Jamario, he's a freak. Come on Mess, he sucks on defense, lacks court vision, and lacked toughness to drive and create for Bosh. When you got a guy like Bosh down low, its a HUUUGE advantage, Jack did this much better then Jose. He can shoot lights out, but thats it. If your an NBA pg you better be able to toss an oop here and there, its just that Jose was the worst pg in the L to do this.

Comment

The only real problem with Jose is his quickness on D. He does so many other things well (including the intangables - like not being a dick), but in my opinion was seriously hampered with the interplay between him and Hedo. That said, I hate getting burned on D so I hope he finds a new home where they can hide him better.

Comment

On a completely different note:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100708

Awesome article! Looks like Toronto fans aren't the only ones hating on Bosh, what a loser. Definately somebody who thinks their allot cooler then they are. I hope the bigs around the league take it to Bosh's mega-ego hard. What a bunch of valley girls Wade and Bosh are.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                On a completely different note:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/100708

Awesome article! Looks like Toronto fans aren't the only ones hating on Bosh, what a loser. Definately somebody who thinks their allot cooler then they are. I hope the bigs around the league take it to Bosh's mega-ego hard. What a bunch of valley girls Wade and Bosh are.
                That was a quality article, Simmons tells it like it is. Ppl fail to see that most of us don't care if he stays or goes, its just the way he's acting like a A lister, when he aint and trying to fit in with the cool crowd.....
                ..lap around the court in LA...lmao...thats too funny

Comment

RikkJames wrote: View Post
                  That was a quality article, Simmons tells it like it is. Ppl fail to see that most of us don't care if he stays or goes, its just the way he's acting like a A lister, when he aint and trying to fit in with the cool crowd.....
                  ..lap around the court in LA...lmao...thats too funny
                  That is a very epic article! These guys are losing so much respect around the league right now. They are acting like they are bigger then the game. I'm not sure they care. Forget legacy, I think fag-acy is more like it. (I don't mean to offend anybody with fag-acy as i'm not intending it as a gay term, I'm using it to coincide with how big of "losers" they are)

Comment

Terrific article, makes me feel bad for Cleveland if he does happen to leave them. But he hit the nail on the head about all of the big name free-agents.

Comment

Makes me happy I'm not a Cav's fan. They'll be more messed up if LBJ bolts town than the Raps are now without Bosh.

Comment

LeBron totally took a dump on the city of Cleveland tonight. What a self absorbed a-hole. Whoever put that "ESPN special" idea in his head either is dumb or not serving LeBron's best long term interests. If LeBron thought it up himself, well, shame on everyone for being to weak to suggest what a stupid idea it was.

Comment

Working...
                        X